Gove: UK may accept EU tariffs to strike EU trade deal, admits Irish border checks will occur

Started by Dynamis, May 07, 2020, 11:44:39 AM

« previous - next »

Thomas

What im thinking borkie , you offer the irish a referendum , and as i said before , they vote to leave  , problem solved , they vote to stay , no one can have any arguments about a hard border in ireland.

You could even repatriate those loyal orange order guys to hackney or the wirral for good measure if the northern irish choose to reunify with their brethern in the republic.

I suppose the shame of the eu annexing part of the empire would be too much to bear though so maybe its a non starter. :roll:  :lol:

Looking at the uk on a map might be a bit hard on the eye as it shrinks yet again without northern ireland. Think of the moey you would save though , despite the blow to your self esteem and world wide reputation as the frogs and huns chomp off a bit of the yookay.

its a tough one borkie. :shrg:
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

Quote from: Borchester post_id=24001 time=1589118507 user_id=62
Gettaway, a politician telling porkies, who would have thought that?

There probably will be border checks and tariffs with both being kept to the minimum because, although no one gives a wet fart in a high wind about Ulster (particularly the people of Ulster who are not really happy unless they are killing each other over some arse numbingly minor theological or political detail), no one really needs the fuss.

Why dont you offer them a referendum then borkie , instead of shiting it all the time and begging the europeans not to play hardball over the irish border?

Talk is cheap.

Borchester

Quote from: Nalaar post_id=23995 time=1589116177 user_id=99
One of the "leavers" (I think his name was Boris Johnson?) Said that there would be no Irish Sea border.

Gettaway, a politician telling porkies, who would have thought that?

There probably will be border checks and tariffs with both being kept to the minimum because, although no one gives a wet fart in a high wind about Ulster (particularly the people of Ulster who are not really happy unless they are killing each other over some arse numbingly minor theological or political detail), no one really needs the fuss.
Algerie Francais !

Nalaar

Quote from: Nick post_id=23991 time=1589115513 user_id=73
The point that everyone keeps reinforcing is that we don't know what kind of deal if any we will get. So nobody except remainers know.

One of the "leavers" (I think his name was Boris Johnson?) Said that there would be no Irish Sea border.
Don't believe everything you think.

Nick

Quote from: GerryT post_id=23983 time=1589112981 user_id=61
That has been finalised

How can it be finalised? If we get a trade deal with seamless imports and exports there will be no borders. So again, how is it finalised?
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Nick

Quote from: Thomas post_id=23973 time=1589107863 user_id=58
My mind is firmly made up , but you tell me nick .?Is there or is ther not going to be border checks between northern ireland and the rest of the disunited kingdom?

We don't know yet.

Nick

Quote from: Nalaar post_id=23963 time=1589105694 user_id=99
We don't know? It was promised that there would not be.

The point that everyone keeps reinforcing is that we don't know what kind of deal if any we will get. So nobody except remainers know.

GerryT

Quote from: Nick post_id=23956 time=1589104019 user_id=73
We don't know as nothing has been finalised, but thank you for making my point.

That has been finalised

Thomas

Quote from: Borchester post_id=23967 time=1589106219 user_id=62
So the UK and the EU will hammer out a deal, but Wee Krankie will declare that she won't accept it. Then she will apply to join the EU...

Nicola strugeon didnt say anything of the sort borkie. It was one of  our ministers playing politics. As i said , we have no power over controlling our ports and enforcing barriers , these are not devolved issues.

Merely just shooting holes , or trying to , in the latest announcement to come out of fat boys mouth down in london over what will happen in the new brit nat anti european utopia.

...and of course yet again showing our scottish citizens the cons of being in such a one sided union with englandshire.

QuoteWhat is it about the Scots Tommy? All over the world they are known for their ability to wheel and deal and strike canny deals. Except when in Scotland when they can't settle down to any negotiations without first of all demanding the right to saw their own legs off.

Not really borkie , there is a method to our madness.

What was it the pope once famously said many years ago.......

On hearing of the Scottish victory, Pope Martin V passed comment by reiterating a common medieval saying, that "Verily, the Scots are well-known as an antidote to the English."
[/b]

8-)  :lol:

Thomas

Quote from: Nick post_id=23960 time=1589104209 user_id=73
Make your mind up! They're either caving in to the EU or not and setting up border checks. Would love to see the documents you have that show your claims.

My mind is firmly made up , but you tell me nick .?Is there or is ther not going to be border checks between northern ireland and the rest of the disunited kingdom?

Borg Refinery

Brexit was in no small part about making a big bundle of cash for a small amount of hedge funders.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2018-06-25/brexit-big-short-how-pollsters-helped-hedge-funds-beat-the-crash">https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features ... -the-crash">https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2018-06-25/brexit-big-short-how-pollsters-helped-hedge-funds-beat-the-crash

If they'll act with such incredible disregard for the populace in that example, why wouldn't they lie about something as trivial (to them) as border checks across the Irish sea.

Btw I think the article's in the FT as well if folks are going to have apoplexy over 'bloombought' being the source.
+++

Borchester

Quote from: Thomas post_id=23937 time=1589102112 user_id=58

The scottish government ministers announced they wouldnt be in any way setting up checks on goods between northern ireland and scotland ....

So the UK and the EU will hammer out a deal, but Wee Krankie will declare that she won't accept it. Then she will apply to join the EU...

What is it about the Scots Tommy? All over the world they are known for their ability to wheel and deal and strike canny deals. Except when in Scotland when they can't settle down to any negotiations without first of all demanding the right to saw their own legs off.
Algerie Francais !

Nalaar

Quote from: Nick post_id=23956 time=1589104019 user_id=73

We don't know? It was promised that there would not be.
Don't believe everything you think.

Nick

Quote from: Thomas post_id=23937 time=1589102112 user_id=58
Course there will , and we have known this for a long time.

Publicly the tories are telling nick about how they are singing two world wars and one world cup to the germans and sticking two fingers up to the french , while behind the scenes privately they are kissing european arses and caving into the irish border issue and setting up the infrastucture to do checks.

Wasnt there recently a bit of an internal spat between the devolved governments and westminster over this very issue?

The scottish government ministers announced they wouldnt be in any way setting up checks on goods between northern ireland and scotland while unionists ministers at stormont latched onto this demanding there shouldnt be any checks between uk nations , all the while behind the scenes the tories were giving both a slap down and saying checks had to happen in englands interests?

The next thing im wating on is the use of covd 19 to announce somehow to a dissapointed english public that blightly will be having another transition , to be announced this summer. Politically i hope they dont , but if they do , im going to laugh my feckin head off .

Make your mind up! They're either caving in to the EU or not and setting up border checks. Would love to see the documents you have that show your claims.

Nick

Quote from: Nalaar post_id=23935 time=1589101517 user_id=99
Will there be checkpoints for good crossing the Irish Sea?