Wonder why people get annoyed with Microsoft

Started by Barry, May 08, 2020, 12:18:42 PM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

Quote from: T00ts post_id=23770 time=1588943233 user_id=54
Skype is on my laptop and every time I go to use it it tries to re-download. It drives me nuts to the point that I no longer use it to communicate with my grandkids but I hadn't seen them since last November any other way.

I use the app a lot, the one on the Skype site is really an update, better than the one on the microsoft store if you can believe that, left arm right arm pushup.brrwery etc.

Anyway, the newest version on the skype website allows you to insert a background image which is why they updated it.

You can stop Skype starting when windows does from its settings or options. It is less pernicious today than it was a year or so ago
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

T00ts

Quote from: Barry post_id=23773 time=1588943444 user_id=51
I recommend WhatsApp for families keeping in touch. We have a 4 way video call (our 3 kids + families and us) at the weekends and it is excellent.

:hattip

Barry

I recommend WhatsApp for families keeping in touch. We have a 4 way video call (our 3 kids + families and us) at the weekends and it is excellent.
† The end is nigh †

T00ts

Quote from: johnofgwent post_id=23749 time=1588939802 user_id=63
This is part of a policy that is gearing up to shut down Skype and force you to use microshite teams.

I have two skype accounts with Skype usernames. Both still work but they predate the microshyte takeover of the software

Skype is on my laptop and every time I go to use it it tries to re-download. It drives me nuts to the point that I no longer use it to communicate with my grandkids but I hadn't seen them since last November any other way.

johnofgwent

This is part of a policy that is gearing up to shut down Skype and force you to use microshite teams.

I have two skype accounts with Skype usernames. Both still work but they predate the microshyte takeover of the software
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Barry

I've stopped using Skype because of this stupidity.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/skype/forum/all/merging-two-skype-accounts-with-same-email/28c07bee-4e6c-4f25-842d-097e9994f946">//https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/skype/forum/all/merging-two-skype-accounts-with-same-email/28c07bee-4e6c-4f25-842d-097e9994f946

They force me to have 2 accounts which I cannot merge, nor can I delete one of them. They answer a question from a similarly affected parson thinking that what they have done is OK.

:shrg:  :fcplm:
† The end is nigh †