Main Menu

Dogs

Started by Cassie, October 21, 2019, 10:54:48 AM

« previous - next »

T00ts

Oh the joys of dogs! Glad she is improving.

Cassie

Quote from: T00ts post_id=1741 time=1571742398 user_id=54How is your dog?

She's had two doses of the meds now and is a little less agitated.  Thanks for asking. She's just about to ruin a second bed with the digging. I stuffed a sock and gave it to her, twice she tossed it out of her bed. I'll just leave it around for her so she can 'choose' it herself. I took her for a walk earlier and let her off lead in a safe place. She started running to a lamppost, she does that when she's on lead, circled back then started running fast. I had to run to catch her up. About a hundred meters later she slowed down and turned round, saw me and started running back. She's a bit deaf so she may not have heard me screeching like a maniac. Or maybe she did... :kikass:

T00ts

T00ts

Quote from: Cassie post_id=1569 time=1571655221 user_id=57
She saw me getting changed and started howling. I don't get her milk meds until later today. I'm going to take her with me to pick them up then take her for a walk in the park.

That sounds like a plan.

Cassie

Quote from: T00ts post_id=1567 time=1571655017 user_id=54
Don't change your routines for her. She has to deal with it. If she's calm - go. The only worry is if she starts howling and the neighbours worry. Has she got her meds, it might be worth waiting til she has a dose inside her.

She saw me getting changed and started howling. I don't get her milk meds until later today. I'm going to take her with me to pick them up then take her for a walk in the park.

T00ts

Quote from: Cassie post_id=1565 time=1571654847 user_id=57
I don't know, as the guy who had her went into quick onset dementia.His family thought she had, but the vet didn't think so. I don't know how he knows. I don't think they can have these phantom pregnancies if they've been spayed, but he also said if any tissue with hormones in were left that could trigger one. I want to go for a run, but I don't like leaving her. She's calm at the moment thank goodness.

Don't change your routines for her. She has to deal with it. If she's calm - go. The only worry is if she starts howling and the neighbours worry. Has she got her meds, it might be worth waiting til she has a dose inside her.

Cassie

Quote from: T00ts post_id=1563 time=1571654667 user_id=54
Oh yes I had forgotten her age. Too old for pups too! Have you told her that?  :roll: Has she had litters before?

I don't know, as the guy who had her went into quick onset dementia.His family thought she had, but the vet didn't think so. I don't know how he knows. I don't think they can have these phantom pregnancies if they've been spayed, but he also said if any tissue with hormones in were left that could trigger one. I want to go for a run, but I don't like leaving her. She's calm at the moment thank goodness.

T00ts

Quote from: Cassie post_id=1562 time=1571654566 user_id=57
Yes, not much on what to do other than what you've said. Thanks anyway. I think she's too old to be spayed, 14.I wonder if you have experienced it

Oh yes I had forgotten her age. Too old for pups too! Have you told her that?  :roll: Has she had litters before?

I've just thought would giving her a puppy type toy make a difference? Something she can lick and cuddle with.

Cassie

Quote from: T00ts post_id=1560 time=1571654485 user_id=54
Ooooh that can be distressing. If the vet has given something for milk and calming there isn't much more you can do apart from get her spayed. I don't know if keeping her more active than usual to take her mind off would work. Have you Googled?

Yes, not much on what to do other than what you've said. Thanks anyway. I think she's too old to be spayed, 14.I wondered if you have experienced it

T00ts

Quote from: Cassie post_id=1550 time=1571651688 user_id=57
T00ts, as our resident dog whisperer, please help! Our foster dog started going a bit mental over the weekend so we took her to the vet, turns out she has a phantom pregnancy. She ripped a bed from digging and nesting in it, she's howling and crying all the time. She had us up in the night on Saturday crying regularly, I even got up with her just before 7 am to sit with her but she was agitated.  The vet gave her something to calm her and has prescribed some tablets to dry up the milk she is producing, but they didn't have it in so I'm waiting to pick it up today.

What can I do with her to help her?

Ooooh that can be distressing. If the vet has given something for milk and calming there isn't much more you can do apart from get her spayed. I don't know if keeping her more active than usual to take her mind off would work. Have you Googled?

Cassie

T00ts, as our resident dog whisperer, please help! Our foster dog started going a bit mental over the weekend so we took her to the vet, turns out she has a phantom pregnancy. She ripped a bed from digging and nesting in it, she's howling and crying all the time. She had us up in the night on Saturday crying regularly, I even got up with her just before 7 am to sit with her but she was agitated.  The vet gave her something to calm her and has prescribed some tablets to dry up the milk she is producing, but they didn't have it in so I'm waiting to pick it up today.

What can I do with her to help her?