How old are you really?

Started by T00ts, May 08, 2020, 02:03:11 PM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

Quote from: T00ts post_id=23789 time=1588947586 user_id=54
:lol:  :lol:  No you are not! Your body might be but your head is telling you that you are much younger. It didn't occur to you that the belt would be too heavy. So do I understand that you feel about 40? Ignore your physicals, look inside. You might find that you are younger.

well, I think I will stick with 40.

for a whole load of reasons.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

T00ts

Quote from: Nalaar post_id=23796 time=1588949325 user_id=99
I don;t so much feel my age, but i am very aware when around people in their early twenties that they seem very young indeed.

Yes, we have knowledge and experience as we get older it is true, which we see as often lacking in those young in years, but again we are talking about physicals.

Doesn't anyone feel that there is another living inside the body shell?

Nalaar

I don;t so much feel my age, but i am very aware when around people in their early twenties that they seem very young indeed.
Don't believe everything you think.

T00ts

Quote from: johnofgwent post_id=23787 time=1588946978 user_id=63
Well, I had a wake up call yesterday

It's a fact that I was at the peak of my power to weight ratio on or around my 40th, I was at my most athletic then, my regular scuba diving kept me in a physical state far in excess of that reached by the scrawny lanky cross country and 10k runner I was at 17.

It was around then that I could sustain in my dive gear a timed swim in the sea to rival that of amateur ironmen doing the sea swim. Largely I admit because my leg muscles powering my dive fins easily outrun the most chippendale of chippendales using their inefficient arms, and my genetic quirk kept me oxygenated although recovery at the end took AGES.

Anyway, as I said, yesterday I had a wake up.call.

Fifteen years ago I put down a lead shot weight belt and a dive air tank in the garage.

Yesterday I needed some stuff in the garage necessitating I move the weight belt. It was laden with 18kg of lead to get me underwater in a cold winter sea.

And I grabbed hold of it as I used to  and nearly dislocated my shoulder.

I can no longer lift the weight belt I would throw round myself befour jumping off a trawler into a wave created sea.

I am a miserable shade of my 40 something self..

I am clearly a man of 62

:lol:  :lol:  No you are not! Your body might be but your head is telling you that you are much younger. It didn't occur to you that the belt would be too heavy. So do I understand that you feel about 40? Ignore your physicals, look inside. You might find that you are younger.

johnofgwent

Well, I had a wake up call yesterday

It's a fact that I was at the peak of my power to weight ratio on or around my 40th, I was at my most athletic then, my regular scuba diving kept me in a physical state far in excess of that reached by the scrawny lanky cross country and 10k runner I was at 17.

It was around then that I could sustain in my dive gear a timed swim in the sea to rival that of amateur ironmen doing the sea swim. Largely I admit because my leg muscles powering my dive fins easily outrun the most chippendale of chippendales using their inefficient arms, and my genetic quirk kept me oxygenated although recovery at the end took AGES.

Anyway, as I said, yesterday I had a wake up.call.

Fifteen years ago I put down a lead shot weight belt and a dive air tank in the garage.

Yesterday I needed some stuff in the garage necessitating I move the weight belt. It was laden with 18kg of lead to get me underwater in a cold winter sea.

And I grabbed hold of it as I used to  and nearly dislocated my shoulder.

I can no longer lift the weight belt I would throw round myself befour jumping off a trawler into a wave created sea.

I am a miserable shade of my 40 something self..

I am clearly a man of 62
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

T00ts

Now this is NOT a personal invasion. I have no wish to know how many years you have blighted this world  :lol: but I have a theory. No matter how old your birthday cake says you are we are all somewhere between 18-25 in our heads.

OK hear me out. The bit of me that is 'untouchable' feels pretty much the same as when I was dancing beautifully, running around with a gorgeous young man in his MG TC, able to leap aesthetically in the air and never questioned my energy levels. Now of course the body is wary of too many goals and aches when I think it shouldn't but in my head? There's still a youngster!   :dncg:

So from one 18-25 year old - how old do you really feel?