Stay Alert anybody the wiser?

Started by cromwell, May 10, 2020, 07:18:56 PM

« previous - next »

Borg Refinery

England is missing accountability too.

What about our Northern folks who are left behind by London & SE centric govt? It's the same thing; after their communities were decimated by Thatcher, their concerns were also routinely ignored by Westminster, and still are.

I live in the SE and it does seem like folks tend to have a very "we are the best, stuff the fat northern bastidd's" etc etc type attitude towards everyone else. Then again my 'quaint' seaside town did vote leave and for a thoroughly ruthless Tory MP... 😑
+++

Thomas

Quote from: johnofgwent post_id=24763 time=1589544900 user_id=63

Your suggestion does nothing to fix this long standing lack of accountability. This can only be fixed one way. The assembly needs to be abolished and powers returned to.a Welsh office and Welsh Office Minister whom every  constituent knows their constituency MP has the right to demand action from...

This is horseshit john and you know it.

I think so far in this thread you have trotted out every excuse imaginable to roll back devolution , simply because you are a british nationalist who wont accept devolution in any way shape or form rather than a concerned welsh citizen arguing the merits and pitfalls of devolution merely because you want better governance.

You dont know if devolution can work in wales as you have never had a party in charge to show you different. You are merely arguing the same tossers who ran westminster from 1997 to 2010 and fecked up uk governance are doing the same in wales 1999 - 2020.

Regarding financial accoutability , we in scotland have been asking for full fiscal autonomy for the past twenty years or more , while westminster continue to ignore our calls , and at the same time drains scotland of £937 billion in revenue ( since 2012) while giving us £511 billion spending.

Westminster needs to be abolished , and accountability for the four nations resting with parliaments within those nations solely in charge of their own countries needs and wants , then we shall have an accounting as is the norm across the rest of the world.

You brit nat brexiters are all over the place . You tell us you dont want governed by a foreign parliament in brussells , but then you tell your fellow welsh they must rescind the result of the 1997 devolution referendum which you lost , and hand all power over to the foreign parliament in england.

At the same time , you havent quite yet got over the 1916 rebellion in Ireland , and demand they return to the empire too.

This is 2020 john , the empire is over  , not 1820.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

johnofgwent

Quote from: Dynamis post_id=24734 time=1589537241 user_id=98
What's wrong with his suggeztion, that you get a new Welsh devo party who works for the common good?

No one is endorsing Plaid or Lab.

I think that's surely the best course of action.

As I said earlier here or elsewhere in another thread

Devolution in wales gave London the opportunity to wash its hands of accountability for 'devolved matters' and gave Cardiff the excuse that they are not responsible because London wont fund them.

These were the responses I received from my labour mp in a labour government and my labour health minister and education minister responding to my labour constituency AM and Plaid Regional AM. My Labour, Tory and Lib Dem AMs never replied to anything  

Under a tory in westminster, the ministerial billshit remained the same, while the makeup of AMs changed the response didnt.

Your suggestion does nothing to fix this long standing lack of accountability. This can only be fixed one way. The assembly needs to be abolished and powers returned to.a Welsh office and Welsh Office Minister whom every  constituent knows their constituency MP has the right to demand action from...
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

johnofgwent

Quote from: Dynamis post_id=24734 time=1589537241 user_id=98
What's wrong with his suggeztion, that you get a new Welsh devo party who works for the common good?

As I said earlier here or elsewhere in another thread

Devolution in wales gave London the opportunity to wash its hands of accountability for 'devolved matters' and gave Cardiff the excuse that they are not responsible because London wont fund them.

These were the responses I received from my labour mp in a labour government and my labour health minister and education minister responding to my labour constituency AM and Plaid Regional AM. My Labour, Tory and Lib Dem AMs never replied to anything  

Under a tory in westminster, the ministerial billshit remained the same, while the makeup of AMs changed the response didnt.

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Borg Refinery

Quote from: johnofgwent post_id=24716 time=1589531737 user_id=63
I want [size=200]our[/size] devolved tossers taken out and hung.

I don't care what you do with yours.

Knock Yourself out.

At least yourdevolved tossers try to do what you asked of them, and not the exact f**king opposite

our devolved tossers have been doing the opposite of what most want on all manner of major issues for a good decade now, although I admit their utter betrayal of the brexit referendum in wales was the last straw.

+++

johnofgwent

Quote from: Thomas post_id=24634 time=1589467277 user_id=58
Well it seems to me john that you "british " appear to be the only ones who have great difficulty coping with different parts of your "state" having different policies on lockdown........

I want [size=200]our[/size] devolved tossers taken out and hung.

I don't care what you do with yours.

Knock Yourself out.

At least yourdevolved tossers try to do what you asked of them, and not the exact fucking opposite

our devolved tossers have been doing the opposite of what most want on all manner of major issues for a good decade now, although I admit their utter betrayal of the brexit referendum in wales was the last straw.

Thomas

Quote from: johnofgwent post_id=24581 time=1589440833 user_id=63
Ok thomas.

I do not think were going to agree on this ...

Well it seems to me john that you "british " appear to be the only ones who have great difficulty coping with different parts of your "state" having different policies on lockdown........

QuoteJapan lifts emergency in most areas but not in Tokyo, Osaka
[/b]

Abe lifted the emergency in 39 of Japan's 47 prefectures but left it in force in the capital and in the second-largest urban area of Osaka, as he tries to cushion the economic blow while stopping the virus.
[/b]

https://uk.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-japan/japan-lifts-emergency-in-most-areas-but-not-in-tokyo-osaka-idUKKBN22Q01J">https://uk.reuters.com/article/us-healt ... KKBN22Q01J">https://uk.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-japan/japan-lifts-emergency-in-most-areas-but-not-in-tokyo-osaka-idUKKBN22Q01J

johnofgwent

Ok thomas.

I do not think were going to agree on this ...

So.lets try something else.

I think in three weeks time we are going to see one of two scenarios...

1) The hospitals see a huge rise in admissions courtesy of the relaxation of Englands lockdown or

2) we see nothing of the sort ,.....

Any suggestions for anything different ...

Thomas

Quote from: johnofgwent post_id=24559 time=1589394044 user_id=63
It will be interesting because we have a number of customers who depend on us to make their bits. They have played all sorts of silly games last year and run themselves into a corner.

They tried going elsewhere for their parts but found out the hard way that when we said we were the best because wed been doing it longer than the others and knew what we were doing, we were not bullshittimg.

My point in essence is that our company is far from the only one who while not exactly 'locked' to a supplier and client cycle would find it hard to go through the process of seeking new suppliers at a time when a synchronised restart is a no brainer.

In my experience john , no one is "indispensible " in business. If you cant supply something for your customer , they will go elsewhere.

However with the whole world going through the same experience with this pandemic , and all business in all countries suffering , then as i said , the welsh selling into england is no different to the problems the english  have buying /selling into/from other countries during this pandemic.

QuoteBasically, having four sets of politicians, all of whom hate the others guts, three with primacy in their little fiefdoms and a fourth her Majestys prime minister in name only is a total disaster waiting to.happen because the other there will f**k Boris over out of ideological spite.

No.

This is just british nationalism clutching at straws yet again. Plenty of nations work in a very de centralised fashion all over the world .

Westminster hates de centralisation , and may i remind you yet again that the four yookay nations agreed a four nation plan to work hand in hand against covid 19 , then the english broke that solidarity , yet you blame the other three for not getting down on their knees and dragging the celtic nations along with england?

Has it ever occurred to you that it isnt in the celtic nations interests at this stage to abandon lockdown , and that it may very well be johnson trying to feck the others over due to ideological spite?

You know what saddens me the most john , its not how the english behave. Thats expected.

Its how the forelock tugging scots welsh and northern irish unionists behave that turns my feckin stomach to the core.

Borg Refinery

Quote from: cromwell post_id=24071 time=1589134736 user_id=48
Clear as mud,what a load of old cobblers.

Even Andrew Bridgen doesn't get it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ha2vyuQprnQ">https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ha2vyuQprnQ

Piers is the worst of the worst, and it was a truly horrible thing to listen to...but it's the truth.
+++

johnofgwent

Quote from: Thomas post_id=24471 time=1589352831 user_id=58
Why?

Are you suggesting England and Wales are the only two countries in the world to have trade and commerce disruption between them due to covid 19 and difference in lockdown situation?

I would say this is the norm for most countries , not only in trade between nations , but disruption within.

Deppity dawg already mentioned that in his line of work in England , his company were having difficulty attaining the parts it needed to carry on. Should the countries that supply his company with parts be forced to start back when westmisnter says so too?

....and javert and many other remainers want a new referendum on brexit.Are you prepared to offer one in exchange for the other?

Well first of all you are talking about a number of different things here john.

As you are a british nationalist , and you appear to be complaining about the difference in lockdown between the different nations of the yookay , why first of all are you moaning about the welsh?

It was the english nationalists currently in power in london who broke the four nation approach , so why arent you calling for westminster to be shut down instead? Its not the taffies in cardiffs fault england broke ranks with the other three is it?

Secondly , good luck with trying to get rid of devolution in scotland. You want another referndum bring it on i say.

For the last twenty years , since 75% voted for devolution in scotland , the support for people with your views on abolishing devolution in scotland has hovered around the 6% mark. Not only would you receive an kicking in any proposed referendum of epic proportions , but good luck trying to get rid of scottish devolution with indepdnence hovering around the 50% mark and growing.

The final thing as i have told you before is your oppositon to devolution is merely british nationalism nothing more.

Your problem isnt devolution...we in scotland have shown how it cant work and work well. Its having labour in charge which is your problem. Labour set up devolution under duress , with Tony Blair famously calling devolution a" damnable nuisance" , and it was never meant to be anything more than a parish council talking shop run by labour , subservient to westminster , to appease the "celts " and europe.

Get rid of labour , and vote in  party commited to wales and the welsh people , and you might find a difference. We had the same issues as wales initially till we got rid of that labour mob .

I think it time the welsh got up off their knees , otherwise you are destined to remain an anglo saxon doormat for eternity...

It will be interesting because we have a number of customers who depend on us to make their bits. They have played all sorts of silly games last year and run themselves into a corner.

They tried going elsewhere for their parts but found out the hard way that when we said we were the best because wed been doing it longer than the others and knew what we were doing, we were not bullshittimg.

My point in essence is that our company is far from the only one who while not exactly 'locked' to a supplier and client cycle would find it hard to go through the process of seeking new suppliers at a time when a synchronised restart is a no brainer.

Basically, having four sets of politicians, all of whom hate the others guts, three with primacy in their little fiefdoms and a fourth her Majestys prime minister in name only is a total disaster waiting to.happen because the other there will F@@@ Boris over out of ideological spite.

Hyperduck Quack Quack

Quote from: Thomas post_id=24472 time=1589352966 user_id=58
Why didnt you normally wash your hands before this pandemic?

Personal hygene is second nature to most folk , so im not sure why you think this is easy to forget.

Yes people normally wash their hands after going to the toilet, before eating or preparing food or if they've been changing the engine oil on their car.  The difference now is that you need to wash your hands after picking up the post or after returning from the weekly shop and again after you've unpacked and disinfected all the items you've bought.  If you're in a workplace you need to wash your hands after borrowing a pen from someone.  Take note of this if you weren't already aware, it could save your life.

Thomas

Quote from: "Hyperduck Quack Quack" post_id=24342 time=1589273635 user_id=103
In our daily lives we need to stay alert for all sorts of reasons.  Covid-19 adds a few more things we need to stay alert about, like social distancing, washing hands etc.etc. These are things that it's easy to forget, even if you're trying to be responsible.

Why didnt you normally wash your hands before this pandemic?

Personal hygene is second nature to most folk , so im not sure why you think this is easy to forget.

Thomas

Quote from: johnofgwent post_id=24315 time=1589237483 user_id=63
The reason I mention the specifics is my employer supplies six english busineses with parts made onsite from materials sourced partly in england, and partly from china. It will be amusing starting back

Why?

Are you suggesting England and Wales are the only two countries in the world to have trade and commerce disruption between them due to covid 19 and difference in lockdown situation?

I would say this is the norm for most countries , not only in trade between nations , but disruption within.

Deppity dawg already mentioned that in his line of work in England , his company were having difficulty attaining the parts it needed to carry on. Should the countries that supply his company with parts be forced to start back when westmisnter says so too?

QuoteAnd you misunderstand my appropach to devolution. I want a new referendum. We have been forced to vote on whether we wanted the nepotistic (take a close look at some of the tenders they'e done) corrupt (google mohammed asghar) racists (try tendering in english) in cardiff bay to have more powers, yet they refused to give us one offering the option to scrap the sh*t hole.

....and javert and many other remainers want a new referendum on brexit.Are you prepared to offer one in exchange for the other?

QuoteI've tried twice to raise a petition to scrap it, and one of those with a title "abolish the welsh assembly" was denied onthe grounds i had not made it clear what i wanted the government to do.

I've made my position on scottish devolution and independence starkly clear.

Well first of all you are talking about a number of different things here john.

As you are a british nationalist , and you appear to be complaining about the difference in lockdown between the different nations of the yookay , why first of all are you moaning about the welsh?

It was the english nationalists currently in power in london who broke the four nation approach , so why arent you calling for westminster to be shut down instead? Its not the taffies in cardiffs fault england broke ranks with the other three is it?

Secondly , good luck with trying to get rid of devolution in scotland. You want another referndum bring it on i say.

For the last twenty years , since 75% voted for devolution in scotland , the support for people with your views on abolishing devolution in scotland has hovered around the 6% mark. Not only would you receive an kicking in any proposed referendum of epic proportions , but good luck trying to get rid of scottish devolution with indepdnence hovering around the 50% mark and growing.

The final thing as i have told you before is your oppositon to devolution is merely british nationalism nothing more.

Your problem isnt devolution...we in scotland have shown how it cant work and work well. Its having labour in charge which is your problem. Labour set up devolution under duress , with Tony Blair famously calling devolution a" damnable nuisance" , and it was never meant to be anything more than a parish council talking shop run by labour , subservient to westminster , to appease the "celts " and europe.

Get rid of labour , and vote in  party commited to wales and the welsh people , and you might find a difference. We had the same issues as wales initially till we got rid of that labour mob .

I think it time the welsh got up off their knees , otherwise you are destined to remain an anglo saxon doormat for eternity...

Hyperduck Quack Quack

In our daily lives we need to stay alert for all sorts of reasons.  Covid-19 adds a few more things we need to stay alert about, like social distancing, washing hands etc.etc. These are things that it's easy to forget, even if you're trying to be responsible.