Main Menu

Miriam Gargoyle

Started by DeppityDawg, May 11, 2020, 09:11:39 AM

« previous - next »

Borg Refinery

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=24162 time=1589188960 user_id=89
Anyone who knows nothing of her distinguished career and make prejudiced comments about her is being ignorant and prejudiced.

What prejudiced comments?

Link please, to actuarial data.
+++

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell post_id=24160 time=1589188838 user_id=48
Oh blimey,you have the front to accuse another of ignorance and prejudice..........priceless  :clp  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Anyone who knows nothing of her distinguished career and make prejudiced comments about her is being ignorant and prejudiced.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=24158 time=1589188838 user_id=89
The fact is a significant number  of people would have party if a lot of Tories carked it, and with  good reasons. The way they have been treated by Tories.

What you sew, so shall ye reap.

I've seen a lot of women sewing but not reaping......now farmers sowing  :-P  :-P  :-P
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=24152 time=1589188312 user_id=89
Frankly you are showing your ignorance and prejudice.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0546816/">https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0546816/

Oh blimey,you have the front to accuse another of ignorance and prejudice..........priceless  :clp  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell post_id=24155 time=1589188609 user_id=48
On another forum when thatcher died someone who was apparently christian made great celebration of the death of thatcher,I hate thatcher but to celebrate or wish her dead or anyone else for that matter is IMO despicable......and I ain't religious.

What DD says is correct other than I just think this woman is a dotty old bat without real malice.

You on the other hand and admit to this would party at the thought of a lot of dead tories......that's not on.

The fact is a significant number  of people would have party if a lot of Tories carked it, and with  good reasons. The way they have been treated by Tories.

What you sew, so shall ye reap.

Borg Refinery

Quote from: DeppityDawg post_id=24153 time=1589188400 user_id=50
Oh sure yeah. I can trade insults with the best and I'm very good at it.

But the point is not that I or Miriam do it. We all do, as you suggest. It's why the BBC for example failed to take any meaningful action against Jo Brand - yet if a less luvvie centric personality than Jo Brand had suggested.throwing acid in the face of Dianne Abbott (for example) that person's feet wouldn't have touched the ground they'd have been out of broadcasting house so fast.

Then it would have been "racism", not that the person disliked her politics or Abbott personally. But in the case of Margoyles, there doesn't seem to be much of an issue. "Aw, she's just an eccentric old lady"

Personally I think we should be able to say what we like (within reason). But if it's ok to joke about acid thrown in one person's face, it's ok to joke about it in anothers without all the liberal bollocks

I can't really disagree with any of that tbh.

---

And papa, she's a 'supporting actress' who has won 1 award, every film listed lists her as a bit part player or supporting role, you are showing your cognitive dissonance..
+++

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=24142 time=1589187158 user_id=89
I wouldn't use the word unacceptable.  Had Boris carked it, in some areas of Britain there would have been celebration, street parties but for the lock down. It is blinkered not to realise that.

On another forum when thatcher died someone who was apparently christian made great celebration of the death of thatcher,I hate thatcher but to celebrate or wish her dead or anyone else for that matter is IMO despicable......and I ain't religious.

What DD says is correct other than I just think this woman is a dotty old bat without real malice.

You on the other hand and admit to this would party at the thought of a lot of dead tories......that's not on.

DeppityDawg

Quote from: Dynamis post_id=24145 time=1589187311 user_id=98
IMHO Deppity it's not ok, but then what is ok? I bet you've traded really, really offensive stuff with your pals in the army and said even worse stuff about people you don't like. I've said far worse things than what she's said to the faces of my own family, let alone to - or about - people I don't like.

I know there's a big difference between saying it in private as opposed to on tv, but thinking it is thinking it whereever you say it.

Btw I have no idea who she is nor do I want to. She looks like an extra in lord of the rings..

Oh sure yeah. I can trade insults with the best and I'm very good at it.

But the point is not that I or Miriam do it. We all do, as you suggest. It's why the BBC for example failed to take any meaningful action against Jo Brand - yet if a less luvvie centric personality than Jo Brand had suggested.throwing acid in the face of Dianne Abbott (for example) that person's feet wouldn't have touched the ground they'd have been out of broadcasting house so fast.

Then it would have been "racism", not that the person disliked her politics or Abbott personally. But in the case of Margoyles, there doesn't seem to be much of an issue. "Aw, she's just an eccentric old lady"

Personally I think we should be able to say what we like (within reason). But if it's ok to joke about acid thrown in one person's face, it's ok to joke about it in anothers without all the liberal bollocks

papasmurf

Quote from: Dynamis post_id=24151 time=1589188129 user_id=98
..Doing voiceovers for Cadbury bar adverts and playing some silly characters in harry potters films which I avoided like the plague? And bit parts in BBC R4 dramas?

Frankly you are showing your ignorance and prejudice.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0546816/">https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0546816/

Borg Refinery

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=24149 time=1589187766 user_id=89
How old are you?

She has film, theatre, and TV career that has lasted over 50 years.

..Doing voiceovers for Cadbury bar adverts and playing some silly characters in harry potters films which I avoided like the plague? And bit parts in BBC R4 dramas?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miriam_Margolyes">https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miriam_Margolyes

How could I not have heard of her... 🤔
+++

papasmurf

Quote from: Dynamis post_id=24145 time=1589187311 user_id=98

Btw I have no idea who she is

How old are you?

She has film, theatre, and TV career that has lasted over 50 years.

DeppityDawg

Quote from: Javert post_id=24141 time=1589187098 user_id=64
For the first statement, yes, it's ok.  There is a difference between fleetingly for a second hoping someone who is already critically ill would die, and actively suggesting that someone should go out and shoot them.  This difference even exists in law.  She would not be prosecuted for what she said in the interview under UK law, but if she had said what you suggest, especially the second part, she could potentially be prosecuted for encouraging terrorist action.

From a psychological point of view, it's better that she is honest about her internal monologue that to think that it would be shameful to even mention it.  I strongly suspect that millions of others had the same thoughs i.e. I wish he was dead, then pulling themselves back and thinking, not that's not right I shouldn't be wishing any other person dead.

For the second statement, no, it's not ok (but again you are trying to refer to something else what was taken out of context and frankly I've seen worse threats/wishes expressed on this forum by some of the posters).

So if a Tommy Robinson type character (not suggesting he would, just for example purposes) said in public on a channel 4 show that he had difficulty not wishing Miriam Gargoyle dead, that would be ok and no one should bother their arses saying he's a nasty little ****?

I'm not sure what was taken out of context regarding Jo Brand? She is an ugly fat slag. What did I get wrong? Do you see where this is going?

Borg Refinery

Quote from: DeppityDawg post_id=24127 time=1589184699 user_id=50
...sorry, Margoyles

Imagine the scenario. Someone goes on a live TV/radio show and wishes some leading liberal politician dead. Or goes on twatter or whatever, and says "I wish that ugly fat slag Miriam Margoyles was dead". Or "I'd like to chuck acid in that other ugly fat slag Jo Brands face"? Would channel 4 or the BBC be happy with that?  Would apologies be demanded? Yet bet. Would people be sacked? Probably.

The descriptions of the people above are deliberately offensive to make a point. What is it about modern liberals that makes them think it's perfectly ok to be offensive to other people they disagree with or personally dislike, yet take offence so readily themselves? If it's ok to wish Boris Johnson dead, is it ok for instance then, to wish Corbyn would die and be eaten by maggots, or Abbott get hit by a bus, or McDonnell to die of Coronavirus?

Why haven't other liberal luvvies descended.on Margoyles (or Jo Brand for that matter) and told her to shut her stupid fat mouth? Or was there some handwriting article in the Huff Puff that I missed?

IMHO Deppity it's not ok, but then what is ok? I bet you've traded really, really offensive stuff with your pals in the army and said even worse stuff about people you don't like. I've said far worse things than what she's said to the faces of my own family, let alone to - or about - people I don't like.

I know there's a big difference between saying it in private as opposed to on tv, but thinking it is thinking it whereever you say it.

Btw I have no idea who she is nor do I want to. She looks like an extra in lord of the rings..
+++

papasmurf

Quote from: DeppityDawg post_id=24136 time=1589186778 user_id=50
Answer the question please. Would it be unacceptable to wish a politician dead in public?

I wouldn't use the word unacceptable.  Had Boris carked it, in some areas of Britain there would have been celebration, street parties but for the lock down. It is blinkered not to realise that.

Javert

Quote from: DeppityDawg post_id=24133 time=1589186475 user_id=50
I was asking a rhetorical question. Ok let's reframe it.

"Is it ok to have difficulty not wishing a politician/someone dead because his/her political views do not coincide with my own"?

Edit - or is it ok to suggest acid being thrown in the face of someone whose views you dislike would be better than a milkshake?

For the first statement, yes, it's ok.  There is a difference between fleetingly for a second hoping someone who is already critically ill would die, and actively suggesting that someone should go out and shoot them.  This difference even exists in law.  She would not be prosecuted for what she said in the interview under UK law, but if she had said what you suggest, especially the second part, she could potentially be prosecuted for encouraging terrorist action.

From a psychological point of view, it's better that she is honest about her internal monologue that to think that it would be shameful to even mention it.  I strongly suspect that millions of others had the same thoughs i.e. I wish he was dead, then pulling themselves back and thinking, not that's not right I shouldn't be wishing any other person dead.

For the second statement, no, it's not ok (but again you are trying to refer to something else what was taken out of context and frankly I've seen worse threats/wishes expressed on this forum by some of the posters).