Has BJ broken the spell?

Started by T00ts, May 11, 2020, 01:50:25 PM

« previous - next »

T00ts

When BJ was made Conservative party leader many groaned. Then full of energy etc he called an election and romped home. He got Brexit moving and looked set to steam ahead. Then the virus hit and worse than that he got sick and is still in recovery I would imagine. I would be surprised if he is yet working full time.

A baby arrived, he put paternity leave on hold, but somehow things are not where they once were. The overall atmosphere in Westminster, spread thinly as it is across the country and meeting via Zoom or whatever, has lost it's impact. It feels as if little is happening outside of the daily updates. The media are stuck in a virus laden loop no matter which country they talk about and yet there is a feeling that power around the globe could be shifting.

For a while BJ had a good following, now this country and the world is quite different and I can't help but wonder now with a different opposition leader also limited by the lack of energy in Westminster, has even so, created a little drop of cold water on BJ's party.

We are in uncharted territory there seems no clear path forward and little merit in going back, but with this are we about to see a loss of faith yet again as this government struggles to find a future?  The thing that is striking me more than anything else is the incompetency that seems to invade all corners of Whitehall. The lack of coherent message from Ministers. What has happened to collective responsibility?  I feel that the Cabinet is full of rather weak individuals and not a strong team that is pulling together. Today tomorrow next week are pretty predictable - the virus will hold us back in all sorts of ways - but where are we headed long term? There was once a dream with BJ at the helm, sailing us all to Utopia. The fog seems to have descended.  Where do we go from here? Can anyone see a long term view yet?