It is amazing how kind everybody is being

Started by Borchester, May 12, 2020, 10:17:30 AM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker post_id=24405 time=1589287406 user_id=53
Anyway have a great rest of the day papa . :hattip

My wife and I are very carefully going to clear the jungle on top of the wall, (Cornish hedge) behind the shed.

There is not much room to work.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=24403 time=1589286994 user_id=89
In this case it wasn't a small saucepan. (Usually the woman lets her daughter do the cooking, it is safer.)

Anyway have a great rest of the day papa . :hattip

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker post_id=24400 time=1589286165 user_id=53
Well It doesnt entirely surprise me  , Ive noticed recently that saucpans are far smaller than they used to be ...............

In this case it wasn't a small saucepan. (Usually the woman lets her daughter do the cooking, it is safer.)

Borg Refinery

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=24390 time=1589283808 user_id=89
Locally someone put an entire cauliflower in a saucepan left it on a switched on hob and wondered why it caught fire.

..And then you ate it.
+++

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=24390 time=1589283808 user_id=89
Locally someone put an entire cauliflower in a saucepan left it on a switched on hob and wondered why it caught fire.

Well It doesnt entirely surprise me  , Ive noticed recently that saucpans are far smaller than they used to be ...............

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker post_id=24388 time=1589283281 user_id=53
Makes me laugh with our local community pages . ''Anyone need 150 bog rolls , 12 packs of 1kg pasta  the twirly one ,twenty tins of tomatoes, 8lb of lard and  three sacks of flour ''  Will swap for 20 B&H a face mask , 12 cans of Fosters and any Kylie CD . Failing that has anyone got a cook book I can borrow .

Fecking eejits

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=24376 time=1589280858 user_id=89
 There is an exchange and barter system going on but it is by no means universal.

Makes me laugh with our local community pages . ''Anyone need 150 bog rolls , 12 packs of 1kg pasta  the twirly one ,twenty tins of tomatoes, 8lb of lard and  three sacks of flour ''  Will swap for 20 B&H a face mask , 12 cans of Fosters and any Kylie CD . Failing that has anyone got a cook book I can borrow .

Fecking eejits

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester post_id=24378 time=1589281668 user_id=62
They probably just don't like you Pappy and who can blame them? But I have to say that in my experience everyone has gone out of the way to be helpful.

Just because you don't like me, that does not extrapolate to my neighbours. We get on well.

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=24376 time=1589280858 user_id=89
SOME people are being very kind, but is not universal by any means.

My wife is shopping for some other people. There is an exchange and barter system going on but it is by no means universal.

They probably just don't like you Pappy and who can blame them? But I have to say that in my experience everyone has gone out of the way to be helpful.
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

SOME people are being very kind, but is not universal by any means.

My wife is shopping for some other people. There is an exchange and barter system going on but it is by no means universal.

Borchester

Quote from: Streetwalker post_id=24372 time=1589280079 user_id=53
Well if you are  out in the sticks and live off foodbanks and the charity of others as a lifestyle I don't suppose much has changed because of corona .

But yes , Bochester is right ,people are being kinder . We have had food parcels flying around the estate like no tomorrow . After you , no after you at the shops and people actually walking in the road to avoid me on route to the pub . Yes I know its shut but Ive drunk too much indoors so feel Ive been out if I can at least go home from the pub as per  pre corona  :D  

The lad next door knocked the other day ,he had retreated about 15ft from the door by the time I answered .  Maybe they will teach them proper measurements when they eventually get back to school 6ft is much easier to visualise than 2M .

Anyway he asks me If I need anything down the shops . Right Ill have a good load up , thats kind , yes Ill have a bag of spuds ,4 pints of milk and two boxes of tonic water .  Maybe 6 tins of Heinz soup various and a  couple  of them spaghetti sauce jars for when the outlaws come round , Im not cooking for them bastards .

So I shout up at the Mrs  Oi Tristan  from next door wants to know if you need anything from the shops .

'' We could do with another bottle of Grey Goose ''  

Yer OK Ill  have to write him a note for that , Mr Patel wont let him have it because he is only 8 .  OK Tristan can you manage that ?

Yep Kindness is amazing , maybe it will catch on  :lol:

:thup:
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker post_id=24372 time=1589280079 user_id=53
Well if you are  out in the sticks and live off foodbanks and the charity of others as a lifestyle I don't suppose much has changed because of corona .

I don't do any of that, and I resent the implication.

Streetwalker

But yes , Bochester is right ,people are being kinder . We have had food parcels flying around the estate like no tomorrow . After you , no after you at the shops and people actually walking in the road to avoid me on route to the pub . Yes I know its shut but Ive drunk too much indoors so feel Ive been out if I can at least go home from the pub as per  pre corona  :D  

The lad next door knocked the other day ,he had retreated about 15ft from the door by the time I answered .  Maybe they will teach them proper measurements when they eventually get back to school 6ft is much easier to visualise than 2M .

Anyway he asks me If I need anything down the shops . Right Ill have a good load up , thats kind , yes Ill have a bag of spuds ,4 pints of milk and two boxes of tonic water .  Maybe 6 tins of Heinz soup various and a  couple  of them spaghetti sauce jars for when the outlaws come round , Im not cooking for them bastards .

So I shout up at the Mrs  Oi Tristan  from next door wants to know if you need anything from the shops .

'' We could do with another bottle of Grey Goose ''  

Yer OK Ill  have to write him a note for that , Mr Patel wont let him have it because he is only 8 .  OK Tristan can you manage that ?

Yep Kindness is amazing , maybe it will catch on  :lol:

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester post_id=24356 time=1589276203 user_id=62
Well, let us face it Pappy, if your neighbours have boarded you up and painted a red cross on your door because you are a terminally sour bastard and they are afraid that the infection will spread, who can blame them?

But generally speaking I think folk have been thoroughly decent over this kerfuffle.

There is no need at all for vicious and nasty personal and frankly stupid comments. Most of my neighbours are like me in the most vulnerable category and under lock-down for the foreseeable future.

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=24352 time=1589275841 user_id=89
What are you smoking?

Well, let us face it Pappy, if your neighbours have boarded you up and painted a red cross on your door because you are a terminally sour bastard and they are afraid that the infection will spread, who can blame them?

But generally speaking I think folk have been thoroughly decent over this kerfuffle.
Algerie Francais !