England on the move

Started by Nick, May 13, 2020, 12:41:48 AM

« previous - next »

Borchester

Quote from: johnofgwent post_id=24720 time=1589532321 user_id=63
Of course, in the rugby world Cup last time round it went like this

An Englishman and a Welshman walk into a geisha house .... normally there would be a scotsman an irishman and a frenchman and maybe even an italian 's with them but they've had to go home before the quarter finals...

I'll get my coat

:D  :D
Algerie Francais !

Thomas

Quote from: johnofgwent post_id=24720 time=1589532321 user_id=63

An Englishman and a Welshman walk into a geisha house .... normally there would be a scotsman an irishman and a frenchman and maybe even an italian 's with them but they've had to go home before the quarter finals...

Too true john....and england still couldnt win. :lol:
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

johnofgwent

Quote from: Thomas post_id=24707 time=1589523436 user_id=58
A joke a frenchman once told me

Whats the difference between the england team and a teabag?

The teabag stays in the cup longer!

As i always say , while the germans french and brazilians are judging their prowess at the world cup through the amount of cups they have won .....the englishman judges his by comparing how far he has got to the mighty scotland!

Nice to know we are always in your thoughts! :roll:  :lol:

Of course, in the rugby world Cup last time round it went like this

I'll get my coat
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

johnofgwent

does this mean the estate agents are back in action ?

sorry...
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Thomas

A joke a frenchman once told me

Whats the difference between the england team and a teabag?

The teabag stays in the cup longer!

As i always say , while the germans french and brazilians are judging their prowess at the world cup through the amount of cups they have won .....the englishman judges his by comparing how far he has got to the mighty scotland!

Nice to know we are always in your thoughts! :roll:  :lol:

Thomas

Quote from: Nick post_id=24470 time=1589326908 user_id=73
So England are on the move whilst Scotland, Wales and Ireland are to stay at home.

Didn't think the World Cup was for another 2 years!!

What do you call an englishman in the world cup final?

A referee.

:lol:

Nick

Quote from: Streetwalker post_id=24616 time=1589461833 user_id=53
Now look here ,my IT skills are basic at best and Ive only just been directed to the 'new posts' link in the blue bit which mixes up the threads .  But yes  Im a muppet for not noticing . :lol:

No prob SW, made me chuckle which is a good thing 😂
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Streetwalker

Quote from: Nick post_id=24564 time=1589406691 user_id=73
😂.

Think you need to re-read, taking into account where the post is 😂

Now look here ,my IT skills are basic at best and Ive only just been directed to the 'new posts' link in the blue bit which mixes up the threads .  But yes  Im a muppet for not noticing . :lol:

Nick

Quote from: Streetwalker post_id=24473 time=1589354067 user_id=53
We will see but I think it will be a slower move than many are expecting . Just taking my own household as a very small example my eldest ,a primary school teacher is on furlough until whenever as has been told nothing happening until at least June . The Mrs who works for a construction company also on Furlough has been told her office needs adapting so she will be at home for the foreseeable .

Ive made a couple of phone calls to contractors and been told nothing in the next couple of weeks ,deliveries being cited as the main problem and on the smaller jobs people just don't want you knocking up an extension while they are at home with the family .

So yes for some its back to work and some sort of normality ,for others we may as well live in Scotland

😂.

Think you need to re-read, taking into account where the post is 😂

Streetwalker

Quote from: Nick post_id=24470 time=1589326908 user_id=73
So England are on the move whilst Scotland, Wales and Ireland are to stay at home.

We will see but I think it will be a slower move than many are expecting . Just taking my own household as a very small example my eldest ,a primary school teacher is on furlough until whenever as has been told nothing happening until at least June . The Mrs who works for a construction company also on Furlough has been told her office needs adapting so she will be at home for the foreseeable .

Ive made a couple of phone calls to contractors and been told nothing in the next couple of weeks ,deliveries being cited as the main problem and on the smaller jobs people just don't want you knocking up an extension while they are at home with the family .

So yes for some its back to work and some sort of normality ,for others we may as well live in Scotland

Nick