Main Menu

Where is everyone?

Started by Borchester, May 14, 2020, 05:17:47 PM

« previous - next »

Barry

Quote from: Javert post_id=24754 time=1589544202 user_id=64
Not sure if it's true here, but I've seen data on other forums suggesting that there are 10 times as many members who don't post, as active participants, and another 100 times of people who browse the forum without registering.

When this forum started the ex-mods on Steve's forum did a sterling job in getting the active posters over here. Most have remained active. Some have left and new ones have joined. That's life, you can lead a horse to water ...
† The end is nigh †

Javert

Not sure if it's true here, but I've seen data on other forums suggesting that there are 10 times as many members who don't post, as active participants, and another 100 times of people who browse the forum without registering.

Borchester

Even better, the splendid burghers of Wisconsin have told the powers that be what they can do with their lockdown and reopened the pubs.

I wonder how much the flight costs?

//%20www.cbsnews.com/news/wisconsin-bars-packed-supreme-court-stay-at-home-strikes-down/%20
Algerie Francais !

Borchester

Quote from: DeppityDawg post_id=24682 time=1589479963 user_id=50
We aren't all 97. Some of us have to work, ya daft auld coot.

Then stop it. Work is a very bad habit and once you take your coat off for anyone it is a bugger to get it back on again.

Still, you are only a kid and have to learn the hard way, so if you or one of the work freaks around here would care to do the honours and connect this link to Youtube, then you may well find it worth your time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmAQVNpJGCA">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmAQVNpJGCA
Algerie Francais !

DeppityDawg

Quote from: Borchester post_id=24649 time=1589473067 user_id=62
There are supposed to be 51 posters on the forum but I am buggered if I can see them.

We aren't all 97. Some of us have to work, ya daft auld coot.

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Barry post_id=24677 time=1589478255 user_id=51
Have a nice time.  :kikass:

That site is full of bores & twots from 5 seconds browsing, no competition.
+++

B0ycey

Quote from: T00ts post_id=24663 time=1589475481 user_id=54
I must confess that I have been surprised that with the lockdown more people have not logged on.

You want more users online writing posts, you need to start more topics. That isn't aimed at you personally but it is something you can do to get the "debate flowing" as it is the reason I have noticed from other forums for having quiet periods. I guess when you have no or little new topics, users will eventually move on from their POV on current discussed topics and then lurk waiting for a new topic that interests them to turn up before being active again. Perhaps tomorrow look at the latest thing and start a thread on it. Today for example we have had the new antibody test with promise and that 1 in 400 of us have Covid19 that isn't being discussed on here as nobody has started a thread on it for example.

Barry

Quote from: Borchester post_id=24662 time=1589475251 user_id=62
Could be Toots. Or maybe the place is too quiet. I notice that the Holy Joes are working themselves up to making morning prayers compulsory. I think I will schlepp over to ---------------------- . God knows they are disgusting, but fun with it.

Have a nice time.  :kikass:
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts post_id=24663 time=1589475481 user_id=54
It wouldn't hurt some.  :roll:   :lol: I must confess that I have been surprised that with the lockdown more people have not logged on. There are some members I really miss.

They are probably gardening or doing Destroy-It-Yourself projects.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

T00ts

Quote from: Borchester post_id=24662 time=1589475251 user_id=62
Could be Toots. Or maybe the place is too quiet. I notice that the Holy Joes are working themselves up to making morning prayers compulsory. I think I will schlepp over to ---------------------- . God knows they are disgusting, but fun with it.

It wouldn't hurt some.  :roll:   :lol: I must confess that I have been surprised that with the lockdown more people have not logged on. There are some members I really miss.

Borchester

Quote from: T00ts post_id=24653 time=1589473904 user_id=54
Only 11 (currently) are members and allowed to post. The rest are lurking as guests while waiting for a good moment to join and join in. On the other hand some may well be members scared of getting aggro so just lurk to get a handle on who are the nutters.   :roll:  :dncg:

Algerie Francais !

T00ts

Quote from: Borchester post_id=24649 time=1589473067 user_id=62
There are supposed to be 51 posters on the forum but I am buggered if I can see them.

Only 11 (currently) are members and allowed to post. The rest are lurking as guests while waiting for a good moment to join and join in. On the other hand some may well be members scared of getting aggro so just lurk to get a handle on who are the nutters.   :roll:  :dncg:

Borchester

Algerie Francais !