Any anti capitalists on here?

Started by B0ycey, May 14, 2020, 06:01:24 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker post_id=24695 time=1589485771 user_id=53
I  tend to go with the people who are telling the truth and find that you generally find more of them the further to the right of politics you go .

Right wingers are the worst liars, I suspect it is in their DNA.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Javert

I  tend to go with the people who are telling the truth and find that you generally find more of them the further to the right of politics you go . That's not to say all lefty's are liars but you can normally spot them because their lips are moving  ;)

Examples?

Borchester

I  tend to go with the people who are telling the truth and find that you generally find more of them the further to the right of politics you go . That's not to say all lefty's are liars but you can normally spot them because their lips are moving  ;)

:D  :D
Algerie Francais !

Hyperduck Quack Quack

It wouldn't take a lot to turn me anti-capitalist.  It depends what alternatives are on offer.  We tried debtism as an alternative and that all went pear-shaped 10 years ago.

Borg Refinery

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=24674 time=1589477194 user_id=89
Mostly rabid right wingers whose bible is the Daily Mail.

That's lefty stuff on here.
+++

Streetwalker

B0ycey

Quote from: Nalaar post_id=24668 time=1589476459 user_id=99
At present I am much more impressed by the idea of a capitalist supported UBI state, than any other ideas I have heard.

I am for a universal basic income although welfare is ultimately required for Capitalism to survive otherwise the proletariat would have discovered their class distinction by now and revolted.

With the current wealth divide and how the Covid response has been, it had shown that it is the ordinary man/women who is classed as the "essential worker" whereas the billionaires are classed as being able to stay at home. Yet who has the bigger slice of the pie? Is it going to be possible for the bourgeois to maintain their hierarchy or justify their wealth when people are losing their livelihood or paying higher taxes? That is just a musing. You do not have to respond to those questions. I am really just asking what the political spectrum is like on here.

papasmurf

Quote from: B0ycey post_id=24664 time=1589475684 user_id=116
Just curious, but what is the political spectrum like on here?

Mostly rabid right wingers whose bible is the Daily Mail.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Barry

Quote from: B0ycey post_id=24664 time=1589475684 user_id=116
Just curious, but what is the political spectrum like on here?

From very left to very right with a lot in the centre. Quite balanced I would say.
† The end is nigh †

Nalaar

Not something I've spent a huge amount of time on, I did (a few years ago) have a number of exchanges with an anarcho-communitst who I found totally unconvincing of even the fundamentals of their worldview which they seemed totally convinced of.

I do think (to your point of misunderstand) there is a lot of conflation between Marxism and Stalinism (and other dictatorships) which is unhelpful for both sides.

At present I am much more impressed by the idea of a capitalist supported UBI state, than any other ideas I have heard.
Don't believe everything you think.

B0ycey

Just curious, but what is the political spectrum like on here? I think Marx is a champion and has to be the most misunderstood philosophers/economists in history. Although I guess Adams has merit too. I am a social Democrats I guess, where I don't mind enterprise being part of free market but nationalisation and the abolishment of private property would be good for more people than the contradictions of Capitalism and the wealth divide that creates.