Main Menu

Changing Opinions

Started by Hyperduck Quack Quack, May 15, 2020, 10:05:13 AM

« previous - next »

Borg Refinery

https://attachment.tapatalk-cdn.com/2548/202004/356_23ee0ef2734ccce660a3d1bdbef3328b.jpeg?Expires=1589601994&Signature=GjwiDdN4wKj907YZYo9w4smZA1v8~aSgZ~5dOcWQmb-p7iFuVyOj~H~hs2NgZgOGx44CdXZA8DAi4BpWp6JYjQhPNaSILPJnG7gpow7EbLob5C8X5Wj9LAOPXSq-AFwJZ3nErgDzYEAQrXZrCtSnKPVOMhhRd2VTMuaVn6vZJ224cdgqFl7wyZ1UG6DP3GBkBxcB2nWonjNFoydJTiAsIkhYmjniKwWc7AD1PyrmV1Xm6fKeeFhJIiNxI3M2w~8ZqyLMtOE0ou9AFx3Z4kU8uOrsJGZ3ARRWB6wsWQginaFLzYf~4yIKhM38D7Tq6nfSIlIY6tzB9OgjdQ83WhK8pA__&Key-Pair-Id=APKAJS72YROXJYGYDADA">
+++

papasmurf

Quote from: B0ycey post_id=24739 time=1589537967 user_id=116
When someone has invested time and effort on an opinion you cannot change it -

That is an informed opinion, a lot of people just seem to parrot the ill informed propaganda and lies from the Daily Mail.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

B0ycey

When someone has invested time and effort on an opinion you cannot change it - just like most things. But forums aren't about changing the opinion of your foe. It is about expressing your opinion against your foe. And perhaps changing the mind of the lurker or getting people to think differently on a specific subject.

Hyperduck Quack Quack

I can't imagine anyone has changed their opinions on here or ever will!  

I have on very rare occasions been wrong about things and accepted that, but it's not the same as changing my opinion.

For some members, even their minders would need minders.

papasmurf

Frankly I wonder if a significant number of people on this forum should be let out without a minder.

Then there are the closet and  not so closet Nazis.

I have never changed my opinions about anything base on internet forums. I have changed opinions due to research and study.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Hyperduck Quack Quack

Have any posts on these forums ever changed your opinion on anything?   Has anyone ever put forward such a rational or commonsense explanation for a political ideal or scientific concept that you've seen their point of view or even changed your mind?

My answer to this is . . . . NO

I have changed my opinions on some things, but not as a result of anything I've read on here!