House of Horror Show

Started by Cassie, October 21, 2019, 06:31:31 PM

« previous - next »

srb7677

Quote from: cromwell on October 21, 2019, 06:34:54 PM
<t>Mr Speaker and his bent agenda,bring on a GE and lets have a good clear out.</t>
That's turned out well hasn't it?

Some of us had the sense to have seen through Bozo already by then. Sadly others did not, and here we are.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Cassie

What was amendment g?

Found out Labour's own amendments. Now SNP wanting to retain free movement of people.

Cassie

Quote from: T00ts post_id=2184 time=1571927340 user_id=54
Apparently Labour did not support the amendment hence it's failure to be selected. Makes you wonder what game Corbyn is playing. Poor chap - way out of his depth.

So now we know whose tune Bercow is dancing to!

cromwell

Well a lot of squeaky bums especially in labour at the thought of an election,p45's all round :D
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

T00ts

Quote from: Cassie post_id=2182 time=1571927231 user_id=57
That is so disingenuousof the Lib Undems, I heard swansong saying that if there was a 2nd referendum and leave won again she would still campaign to remain.

Apparently Labour did not support the amendment hence it's failure to be selected. Makes you wonder what game Corbyn is playing. Poor chap - way out of his depth.

Cassie

Quote from: T00ts post_id=2181 time=1571926996 user_id=54
I have just seen report of Bercow scuppering a Libdem amendment for a 2nd Ref attached to the Queen's Speech. BJ is hoping for DUP support on the speech. 5pm vote apparently.

That is so disingenuousof the Lib Undems, I heard swansong saying that if there was a 2nd referendum and leave won again she would still campaign to remain.

T00ts

Quote from: Cassie post_id=2154 time=1571923015 user_id=57
We need a tumble weed emoji. Nothing happening today folks, just gotta wait for the EU our lord and masters. :brd:

I have just seen report of Bercow scuppering a Libdem amendment for a 2nd Ref attached to the Queen's Speech. BJ is hoping for DUP support on the speech. 5pm vote apparently.

Baron von Lotsov

Quote from: GerryT post_id=2163 time=1571924565 user_id=61
I would say there are far more restrictions in China, it's why most trade runs through Hong Kong. tHeir free trade zones are very specific in what can be done. Foreign companies invest there because of the size of that market, the cheap labour etc... Beacuse it works there doesn't mean it will in the UK.

Absolutely no way. It might surprise you, but over there it is very fast to set up a  business. Things happen on a timescale unheard of in the UK. You can order a part for a job in an industry and it would not take 1-2 days like Royal Mail, but one hour. It's the same the country over. Bureaucracy is minimalist. That's a philosophy, not sales pitch. To understand how utterly ridiculous this country is you would actually have to set up a business to find out. No one will tell you. it will be like walking blindfolded in a minefield. One missed dot or cross of the T and you are done for. Yes you can get problems sorted eventually, but measure the timescale in years, not hours.

Restrictions to setup a business, very few. Most EU regs like safety are either BS or DIN (UK or German) in origin. When you leave the UK isn't going back into the dark ages or Victorian era. Workers rights, regulations, safety won't change much if at all.

Workers do not have rights in a capitalist nation. How it works is as follows. Someone with a business offers you a job. You take it or leave it. If you take it, it means it is beneficial to you. If it is no longer beneficial to you then you leave and go and get a job that is.

That's true, but what would you change ?  what is it the EU does terribly poorly regarding trade policy ? There must be examples of how this negatively affects the UK otherwise brexit has one less wobbly leg to stand on.

The EU sets policy as a bloc, and even though it may well be optimised for the bloc, if we set our own we can tailor it more precisely to our needs.

None of which have anything to do with the EU, your green targets are far in excess of what the EU would want, your stupid workforce will get even more stupid when the educated Europeans leave as their feeling very unwelcome. Your regulations you might change but again what EU regulation is so bad that it affects the UK negatively and as for corruption most countries battle with that but it's nothing to do with Brexit.

Indeed, many problems are worse in this country, e.g. food regulation is the second worst in the EU. Hopefully when the buck stops at our government it will be voted out. This is why I want the Chinese to come here and set up a  few firms themselves. It will show the wronuns up. For exampe it is about 10p to sent a small package from China. It will cost you more to sent a letter to the next town!

Well in the UK it's not and Brexit is negatively affecting your fruit industry. Not positive...Negative. Again Employee rights are higher in the UK than most EU countries, that's a UK thing, nothing to do with the EU. You could go with the Victorian era but will the people vote for that or just the business owners, good luck with trying to change that.

No it's not. You need to look into how an economy functions, you have to protect certain local industries, food production being one very important one. But it's not the only one. That would bring a new meaning to vassal state, let outside countries flood your market and kill your local business, with time you would have little or no local business and your country would dance to the tune of those foreign countries that control your country by proxy.

[/quote]
<t>Hong Kingdom: addicted to democrazy opium from Brit</t>

T00ts

Quote from: Cassie post_id=2175 time=1571926111 user_id=57
They made such a song and dance about being allowed to work, the House of Horrors looks fairly empty to me for such a crucial debate. They talk @@@@ these MPs who are just against, we anything!
Quote from: Cassie post_id=2173 time=1571925944 user_id=57
Bercow will have some say along the line to stop a GE.

:hattip I can't wait for their wake up call. I just hope the electorate is ready to show them who is the real boss.

Cassie

They made such a song and dance about being allowed to work, the House of Horrors looks fairly empty to me for such a crucial debate. They talk @@@@ these MPs who are just against, well anything!

Cassie

Quote from: T00ts post_id=2171 time=1571925769 user_id=54
The governing opposition of course. Interestingly though in normal times when there was sanity in Westminster, it would mean an automatic confidence vote and a GE. Now when rules no longer apply - well it's anyone's guess. Corbyn struggled to get anything straight before, now that he is seeing with only one eye with his fogged specs he seems to struggle to see anything.

Bercow will have some say along the line to stop a GE.

T00ts

Quote from: Cassie post_id=2170 time=1571925583 user_id=57
I didn't know that. Who wants it to fall, the minority opposition government or the Government?

The governing opposition of course. Interestingly though in normal times when there was sanity in Westminster, it would mean an automatic confidence vote and a GE. Now when rules no longer apply - well it's anyone's guess. Corbyn struggled to get anything straight before, now that he is seeing with only one eye with his fogged specs he seems to struggle to see anything.

Cassie

Quote from: T00ts post_id=2168 time=1571925469 user_id=54
They've gone back to the Queen's Speech but it sounds more like public political broadcast rehearsal. They will have a vote later and it might fail, at least that's the plan I believe. Sparks might fly before bedtime.

I didn't know that. Who wants it to fail, the minority opposition government or the Government? Did the sun come up again today T00ts?  :dncg:  :dncg:

T00ts

Quote from: Cassie post_id=2154 time=1571923015 user_id=57
We need a tumble weed emoji. Nothing happening today folks, just gotta wait for the EU our lord and masters. :brd:

They've gone back to the Queen's Speech but it sounds more like public political broadcast rehearsal. They will have a vote later and it might fail, at least that's the plan I believe. Sparks might fly before bedtime.

GerryT

Quote from: "Baron von Lotsov" post_id=2072 time=1571884632 user_id=74
I expect there are some restrictions, but nothing like this country. Seriously, I would like to see UK & China sign a trade deal so it is no different from operating in your own country.

I would say there are far more restrictions in China, it's why most trade runs through Hong Kong. tHeir free trade zones are very specific in what can be done. Foreign companies invest there because of the size of that market, the cheap labour etc... Beacuse it works there doesn't mean it will in the UK.

QuoteThat's just nonsense. There are millions of trade restrictions, right down to what you can and what you can't buy. A lot is under the pretext of safety.

Restrictions to setup a business, very few. Most EU regs like safety are either BS or DIN (UK or German) in origin. When you leave the UK isn't going back into the dark ages or Victorian era. Workers rights, regulations, safety won't change much if at all.

QuoteIf it is real brexit we can set our own trade policy. We can't at the moment.

That's true, but what would you change ?  what is it the EU does terribly poorly regarding trade policy ? There must be examples of how this negatively affects the UK otherwise brexit has one less wobbly leg to stand on.

QuoteGreen taxes, stupid workforce, regulations, corruption. How many more reasons would you like? It's almost suicide.

None of which have anything to do with the EU, your green targets are far in excess of what the EU would want, your stupid workforce will get even more stupid when the educated Europeans leave as their feeling very unwelcome. Your regulations you might change but again what EU regulation is so bad that it affects the UK negatively and as for corruption most countries battle with that but it's nothing to do with Brexit.

QuoteGet with it. Over in the Far East it is being picked by robots.

Employees rights frighten off business. It's a big one.

Well in the UK it's not and Brexit is negatively affecting your fruit industry. Not positive...Negative. Again Employee rights are higher in the UK than most EU countries, that's a UK thing, nothing to do with the EU. You could go with the Victorian era but will the people vote for that or just the business owners, good luck with trying to change that.

QuoteYes!!! cheap alternatives is what we want. It will make the crap firms pull their finger out and improve their game. That boosts the economy.

No it's not. You need to look into how an economy functions, you have to protect certain local industries, food production being one very important one. But it's not the only one. That would bring a new meaning to vassal state, let outside countries flood your market and kill your local business, with time you would have little or no local business and your country would dance to the tune of those foreign countries that control your country by proxy.