House of Horror Show

Started by Cassie, October 21, 2019, 06:31:31 PM

« previous - next »

Cassie

We need a tumble weed emoji. Nothing happening today folks, just gotta wait for the EU our lord and masters. :brd:

Baron von Lotsov

Quote from: GerryT post_id=2070 time=1571873584 user_id=61
The opportunity China brings is the size of its $15T market. The free trade zones are in specific areas and for specific industries. There are tariffs, it's not totally free. But it's worth it for companies to setup there when they couldn't before, but it's not all countries and it's not totally open.

I expect there are some restrictions, but nothing like this country. Seriously, I would like to see UK & China sign a trade deal so it is no different from operating in your own country.
There haven't been restrictions in the UK,

That's just nonsense. There are millions of trade restrictions, right down to what you can and what you can't buy. A lot is under the pretext of safety.

any company could have setup there so I don't see how brexit changes that.

If it is real brexit we can set our own trade policy. We can't at the moment.

Why haven't companies being flocking to the UK to setup their manufacturing facilities ?

Green taxes, stupid workforce, regulations, corruption. How many more reasons would you like? It's almost suicide.

Could it be the size of the $3T market, the lack of available employees, soon to get worse after brexit. That's why 16million apples didn't get picked this yr in the UK, lack of people to pick the fruit. employees rights are much better in the UK compared to China, wages are higher in the UK. There's so many reasons why what happened in China won't happen in the UK.

Get with it. Over in the Far East it is being picked by robots.

Employees rights frighten off business. It's a big one.
In fact by reducing your tariffs to zero you encourage other countries to flood your country with cheap alternatives.

That's not good for the UK as it doesn't protect your local market, the way China has. China is the low cost high volume country. companies setup there for the local market and to export from there.

Yes!!! cheap alternatives is what we want. It will make the crap firms pull their finger out and improve their game. That boosts the economy.
<t>Hong Kingdom: addicted to democrazy opium from Brit</t>

GerryT

Quote from: "Baron von Lotsov" post_id=2022 time=1571847642 user_id=74
The free trade areas in China proved a point. When you have your doors wide open and promise not to interfere with honest trade as a government then all the entrepreneurs from all over the world see the opportunity, move to it, start firms, and the shear number pushes the growth even further, because you have excellent suppliers as a manufacturer yourself in the region. You gain by an economy of scale, and even though the taxes are a lower percentage of trade, the trade volume is much higher, which more than makes up for it. When entrepreneurs look at say our Brexit debates in Parliament they think this country is gone mental and even the leaders are stupid, so they give it a wide berth.

By the way, if someone claims to be an expert, do check their education. You will often find out how you are being bluffed. Anyway, if we are still in the EU even though we have left, because we find we are dictated to regarding trade policy, then none of this would be possible and we would steadily become poorer.

The opportunity China brings is the size of its $15T market. The free trade zones are in specific areas and for specific industries. There are tariffs, it's not totally free. But it's worth it for companies to setup there when they couldn't before, but it's not all countries and it's not totally open.

There haven't been restrictions in the UK, any company could have setup there so I don't see how brexit changes that. Why haven't companies being flocking to the UK to setup their manufacturing facilities ?  Could it be the size of the $3T market, the lack of available employees, soon to get worse after brexit. That's why 16million apples didn't get picked this yr in the UK, lack of people to pick the fruit. employees rights are much better in the UK compared to China, wages are higher in the UK. There's so many reasons why what happened in China won't happen in the UK.

In fact by reducing your tariffs to zero you encourage other countries to flood your country with cheap alternatives. That's not good for the UK as it doesn't protect your local market, the way China has. China is the low cost high volume country. companies setup there for the local market and to export from there.

Sheepy

Quote from: Cassie post_id=2031 time=1571851113 user_id=57
Have not left yet?

They are all lying and have been for well over 3 years.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Baron von Lotsov

Quote from: Cassie post_id=2031 time=1571851113 user_id=57
Have not left yet?

One week left, unless they all lied.

EU says no extension, Kemal says out on 31st.

Cassie

Baron von Lotsov

Quote from: GerryT post_id=2011 time=1571835028 user_id=61
What you want and what you get are two different things. Why would a much larger market give zero tariff access to their market when doing a deal with a much smaller market. If they do go there the larger market will want zero tariff access to the UK ++++. it's the extras that the UK might struggle with, such as visas, rights to stay in the uk etc...

This is why experts suggest the UK won't get trade deals that are as good as the trade deals they currently have, as they were negotiated by the EU and it's 18T market and not the UK with it's 2.8T market.

The free trade areas in China proved a point. When you have your doors wide open and promise not to interfere with honest trade as a government then all the entrepreneurs from all over the world see the opportunity, move to it, start firms, and the shear number pushes the growth even further, because you have excellent suppliers as a manufacturer yourself in the region. You gain by an economy of scale, and even though the taxes are a lower percentage of trade, the trade volume is much higher, which more than makes up for it. When entrepreneurs look at say our Brexit debates in Parliament they think this country is gone mental and even the leaders are stupid, so they give it a wide berth.

By the way, if someone claims to be an expert, do check their education. You will often find out how you are being bluffed. Anyway, if we are still in the EU even though we have left, because we find we are dictated to regarding trade policy, then none of this would be possible and we would steadily become poorer.

GerryT

Quote from: "Baron von Lotsov" post_id=1890 time=1571767194 user_id=74
I agree entirely with that. We have a huge number of barriers to trade and it is going to make us bankrupt if we continue on that path. What we need is an aggressive free trade policy and to slash tariffs to zero. Number one, I want to see a zero tariff bilateral agreement with China. I would like to see it work so that Chinese firms are free to set up and trade over here and the same the other way around. That's 1.3 billion customers for starters. We must expect trade barriers between the EU and the UK without a deal. We should just take what we are given and suffer that, but at the gain of being able to set agreements with the rest of the world, much like where Chinese firms are banned from trading in the USA, they simply think, oh well, we can just sell more to the rest of the world. They do not alter their policy to suit one very arrogant nation, and nor should we.

What you want and what you get are two different things. Why would a much larger market give zero tariff access to their market when doing a deal with a much smaller market. If they do go there the larger market will want zero tariff access to the UK ++++. it's the extras that the UK might struggle with, such as visas, rights to stay in the uk etc...

This is why experts suggest the UK won't get trade deals that are as good as the trade deals they currently have, as they were negotiated by the EU and it's 18T market and not the UK with it's 2.8T market.

Cassie

Quote from: Barry post_id=1999 time=1571824896 user_id=51
You tell 'em  :baah:  :lol:

You can take that as well. :kikass: How do I know what's on it ukntil I listen to it. Shan't bother now.

Barry

Quote from: Sheepy post_id=1994 time=1571824261 user_id=52
Not if you have bothered listening.

You tell 'em  :baah:  :lol:
† The end is nigh †

Cassie

Quote from: Sheepy post_id=1996 time=1571824637 user_id=52
:lol: Well you might have noticed they have all been smashing the place up for over 3 years in a tantrum.

You don't need to be mean! What the hell,  :kikass: take that!

Sheepy

Quote from: Cassie post_id=1995 time=1571824495 user_id=57Get you! :shock:

:lol: Well you might have noticed they have all been smashing the place up for over 3 years in a tantrum.

Cassie

Quote from: Sheepy post_id=1994 time=1571824261 user_id=52

Get you! :shock:

Sheepy

Quote from: Cassie post_id=1989 time=1571823391 user_id=57
I'm not, will I need them after I've watched it?

Cassie

Quote from: Barry post_id=1988 time=1571823287 user_id=51
Well worth a watch as it sums up nicely what has been going on.

If you are on blood pressure tablets, make sure you've had them!  :)

I'm not, will I need them after I've watched it?