House of Horror Show

Started by Cassie, October 21, 2019, 06:31:31 PM

« previous - next »

Barry

Well worth a watch as it sums up nicely what has been going on.

If you are on blood pressure tablets, make sure you've had them!  :)

† The end is nigh †

Cassie

Quote from: Findeton post_id=1953 time=1571813606 user_id=76
Of course, the EU won't be responsible of a No Deal brexit in any case. If the UK has to leave, it will have to do the deed itself. You can only blame yourselves, and Boris.

Actually, if the EU refused and extension Boris would get the deal through.

Findeton

Quote from: Cassie post_id=1948 time=1571808630 user_id=57
What was I thinking, the EU will grant us an extension. :brd:

Of course, the EU won't be responsible of a No Deal brexit in any case. If the UK has to leave, it will have to do the deed itself. You can only blame yourselves, and Boris.

Cassie

Quote from: Cassie post_id=1902 time=1571770006 user_id=57
If the EU now know that Parliament has passed the deal, surely they can refuse to give an extension knowing that Parliament faces no-deal or this deal. Has BJ pulled a blinder in terms of getting his deal through by October 31st?

What was I thinking, the EU will grant us an extension. :brd:

cromwell

Quote from: Conchúr post_id=1942 time=1571787123 user_id=83
The Irish know precisely what they want, it's the Unionists in Ulster (who are British, not Irish) who have been much more ambiguous. They, or rather the DUP who command the support of most Unionist voters, campaigned for Brexit despite being warned that Brexit would put Northern Ireland in a position which threatened its place in the Union.

The Irish people on this island want what they have wanted from the very start of this entire sorry saga — that the stability of the island which was hard-won be sustained by maintaining the status quo as far as it could possibly be maintained.

Really Conor,well even Gerry realised Sinn Fein (who have an appreciable following) and splinter groups might beg to differ from your analysis.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Conchúr

Quote from: cromwell post_id=1936 time=1571781914 user_id=48
Well the Scots voted in (the eu) but might want out of the UK

the Irish don't know what the feck they want and the English look like heading for another civil war

The Irish know precisely what they want, it's the Unionists in Ulster (who are British, not Irish) who have been much more ambiguous. They, or rather the DUP who command the support of most Unionist voters, campaigned for Brexit despite being warned that Brexit would put Northern Ireland in a position which threatened its place in the Union.

The Irish people on this island want what they have wanted from the very start of this entire sorry saga — that the stability of the island which was hard-won be sustained by maintaining the status quo as far as it could possibly be maintained.

Baron von Lotsov

Quote from: Barry post_id=1930 time=1571777351 user_id=51
Very funny, Cromwell.Looks like me Gran.

Anyway, I've just come back from Twitter. The place is divided and full of hatred and abuse over Brexit.

I saw a post by Donald Tusk with the most sycophantic replies imaginable. Pictures of Nigel Farage made to look like Hitler. Ann Widdecombe video accusing opposition of treachery. Remainers saying they don't want to speak to or share a room with leavers.

The division and hatred is palpable and it has been brewed up by more than 3 years of prevarication by our Parliament.

I saw one post that said even Brenda from Bristol would understand the need for an election!  :fcplm:

You are so odd. The question which is barking is, why go there then?

By the way, I find you get far more sensible comments with the FT readers. Try it sometime. Not the paper, I mean just the reader's comments.
<t>Hong Kingdom: addicted to democrazy opium from Brit</t>

Sheepy

Quote from: cromwell post_id=1936 time=1571781914 user_id=48

the Irish don't know what the feck they want and the English look like heading for another civil war

The Scots want to be part of Brussels centralised power apparently,they don't want a part of Westminster centralised power,the Irish just want to prove they are smarter than anyone else,especially the English,while the majority of the English want to make a break for freedom from all of them.When the Scots and Irish realised this it has made them break out in an incurable pox.

All in the spirit of,why the hell should you make a break for freedom,what about us,well what about you?
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

cromwell

Quote from: Barry post_id=1930 time=1571777351 user_id=51

Anyway, I've just come back from Twitter. The place is divided and full of hatred and abuse over Brexit.

I saw a post by Donald Tusk with the most sycophantic replies imaginable. Pictures of Nigel Farage made to look like Hitler. Ann Widdecombe video accusing opposition of treachery. Remainers saying they don't want to speak to or share a room with leavers.

The division and hatred is palpable and it has been brewed up by more than 3 years of prevarication by our Parliament.

I saw one post that said even Brenda from Bristol would understand the need for an election!  :fcplm:

Barry

† The end is nigh †

T00ts

Quote from: cromwell post_id=1926 time=1571777038 user_id=48
https://imggmi.com">upload

hopefully better?

:hattip  :dncg:

Findeton

Quote from: Cassie post_id=1902 time=1571770006 user_id=57
If the EU now know that Parliament has passed the deal, surely they can refuse to give an extension knowing that Parliament faces no-deal or this deal. Has BJ pulled a blinder in terms of getting his deal through by October 31st?

So you're asking the EU to do what your very British parliament has been unable to do. Are you saying that you believe the EU to be better than the UK?

BTW, the deal has indeed passed the second reading. It is Boris Johnson whom has stopped it now, apparently he prefers a delay (the extension he asked for) and a General Election rather than having Brexit on Halloween.

cromwell

https://imggmi.com">upload

hopefully better?

cromwell

Quote from: T00ts post_id=1920 time=1571775853 user_id=54
The was funny until I was accosted by photos of available Asian girls!

Eh@ my apologies T00ts never used that image hosting site before (tinypic closed down) I'll delete and find another

T00ts

Quote from: cromwell post_id=1918 time=1571775089 user_id=48

The was funny until I was accosted by photos of available Asian girls!