House of Horror Show

Started by Cassie, October 21, 2019, 06:31:31 PM

« previous - next »

Barry

I saw one MP arguing that the House needed more time for constructive debate and guess what? He was speaking from almost empty benches!
† The end is nigh †

T00ts

Quote from: Cassie post_id=1902 time=1571770006 user_id=57
If the EU now know that Parliament has passed the deal, surely they can refuse to give an extension knowing that Parliament faces no-deal or this deal. Has BJ pulled a blinder in terms of getting his deal through by October 31st?

My thought exactly. Far from removing the cosh I am hopeful he is loading it even heavier. The way these people waste hours with non discussion. They deserve to be made to put in overtime after all the time even now, they are wasting. Are they thick? How many times has JRM been obliged to explain the origin of the 31st deadline and also  that the bill is now of necessity in limbo.

Cassie

If the EU now know that Parliament has passed the deal, surely they can refuse to give an extension knowing that Parliament faces no-deal or this deal. Has BJ pulled a blinder in terms of getting his deal through by October 31st?

Cassie

They have voted for a delay in the timetable, or something, so they can scrutinise the bill. If they passed the bill they should know what's in it, all they want to do is put on their amendments, second ref, customs union, blah @@@@ blah.

Barry

329/299 majority 30 gives an indication it could go through.
† The end is nigh †

T00ts

Quote from: Cassie post_id=1888 time=1571766776 user_id=57
I really don't know what they're voting on. Does BJ have the numbers to win? You can almost tell what each MP will say when Lord Mr speaker calls their names.

They say they could have the numbers to pass the 2nd reading. If they don't he pulls the bill I think. I am holding my breath - waiting for tellers now!!!!!!!!!

Baron von Lotsov

Quote from: GerryT post_id=1877 time=1571764577 user_id=61
Yes, but your introducing tariffs on your imports and other countries are adding tariffs to your exports. Then your introducing barriers to trade such as customs checking, paperwork, delays, regulatory differences.

You can trade but your making it much harder.

Then your going into totally un-chartered water with services. Or can you see a positive spin on this.

I agree entirely with that. We have a huge number of barriers to trade and it is going to make us bankrupt if we continue on that path. What we need is an aggressive free trade policy and to slash tariffs to zero. Number one, I want to see a zero tariff bilateral agreement with China. I would like to see it work so that Chinese firms are free to set up and trade over here and the same the other way around. That's 1.3 billion customers for starters. We must expect trade barriers between the EU and the UK without a deal. We should just take what we are given and suffer that, but at the gain of being able to set agreements with the rest of the world, much like where Chinese firms are banned from trading in the USA, they simply think, oh well, we can just sell more to the rest of the world. They do not alter their policy to suit one very arrogant nation, and nor should we.
<t>Hong Kingdom: addicted to democrazy opium from Brit</t>

Cassie

Quote from: T00ts post_id=1887 time=1571766635 user_id=54
The vote comes soon - not to be missed.

I really don't know what they're voting on. Does BJ have the numbers to win? You can almost tell what each MP will say when Lord Mr speaker calls their names.

T00ts

Quote from: Cassie post_id=1886 time=1571766562 user_id=57
My husband has put the radio on upstairs, I can hear them bickering with each other. I'll threaten him with my potty mouth if he doesn't turn it off!

The vote comes soon - not to be missed.

Cassie

My husband has put the radio on upstairs, I can hear them bickering with each other. I'll threaten him with my potty mouth if he doesn't turn it off!

Sheepy

Quote from: johnofgwent post_id=1879 time=1571764913 user_id=63
Which I suspect he would actually LOSE (the motion of no confidence, I mean, not the election)

Dunno,but something I do know,somebody who thinks we should be punished for our alleged part in a Potato famine,it seems they have now reversed their idea and think they should do our best for us,interesting Sherlock.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

johnofgwent

Quote from: Streetwalker post_id=1657 time=1571682594 user_id=53
Depends I think on wether he resigns  as leader of the cons in which case the conservatives just elect another leader and PM . Or if he resigns on behalf of the government and stays as leader of the cons in which case the Queen would ask the leader of the opposition to form a government .

Johnson could then table  a motion of no confidence in the government and force a GE .

Which I suspect he would actually LOSE (the motion of no confidence, I mean, not the election)
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

GerryT

Quote from: "Baron von Lotsov" post_id=1869 time=1571763779 user_id=74
If we can trade we can make money. We just have to knock these blockheads out of the game. They don't just exist in the EU but infest our parliament as well.

Yes, but your introducing tariffs on your imports and other countries are adding tariffs to your exports. Then your introducing barriers to trade such as customs checking, paperwork, delays, regulatory differences.

You can trade but your making it much harder.

Then your going into totally un-chartered water with services. Or can you see a positive spin on this.

Sheepy

Quote from: cromwell post_id=1671 time=1571685425 user_id=48
I think the word you're looking for is bent.

No its fine,he got away with it,nobody noticed.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Baron von Lotsov

Quote from: GerryT post_id=1830 time=1571759306 user_id=61
You are gaining something. Hard brexit = major economic hit. Deal = less of an economic hit. Both don't improve your position but the deal is a gain on no deal.

If we can trade we can make money. We just have to knock these blockheads out of the game. They don't just exist in the EU but infest our parliament as well.
<t>Hong Kingdom: addicted to democrazy opium from Brit</t>