House of Horror Show

Started by Cassie, October 21, 2019, 06:31:31 PM

« previous - next »

Ciaphas

Quote from: Cassie post_id=1639 time=1571679091 user_id=57
Is anyone watching this? I've given up, they've broken my spirit. I really don't care what happens now and I'm sick of getting my hopes up. They accuse Boris of being a liar and untrustworthy, yet they all promised to deliver Brexit at certain times in the last 4 years and they lied, they are untrustworthy.

Oh yeah, I forgot  :kikass:  :rant:  :kikass:  :rant:  :kikass:

Brexit was always going to be difficult because the leave factions in parliament are fractured in what they want, and I include Labour as a leave faction since until recently they just wanted their own version of Brexit.

Parliament is ultimately divided over the degree which the UK is going to sever it's ties to the EU and consequently how much freedom this government will have to reforge the country into their preferred image. This image appears to be one of reduced regulation, low tax, reduced workers rights, greater privitisation of public assets and services, and shifting trade away from the EU to the rest of the world.

The government has succesfully portrayed those leave supporters who disagree with them as remainers and in doing so obfuscated what is actually going on.

Thomas

Remainers taking the pee now..........

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EHczl_eWsAIxK0X.jpg">
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

Quote from: Streetwalker post_id=1688 time=1571723859 user_id=53
We may actually thank him in the days to come as the only Brexit is a clean break from Brussels .In  stopping this remainers charter he may actually be doing us a favour .

Many leavers have waivered in recent weeks (self included ) as the 'House of horrors' has ground us down to the point where we will accept any form of leaving .Good god at one point last Saturday I was actually hoping the Boris deal would get the vote . I really must lay off the beer .

No deal is still the only deal on the table that gives us Brexit

Well i dont think you are going to get a no deal brexit now streetwalker do you?

No one , or very few in that parliament support it , and the only likely brexit you are going to get if at all ( in the short term) is one with a deal where you dont have a clean break.

Yet again as i told you now for the last three and a half years , the uk isnt leaving the eu , and while our fate ( scotlands) at the minute is still up in the air , that two conservative prime ministers over the last three and a half years that have tried to sell out the uk "integrity" and leave northern ireland in the eu.

England on its own probably could get close to having a clean break if you had another general election and got some more brexiters elected , but there is no chance of it while you have 77% remainers sitting in that parliament , the eu accepting extension after extension and no chance of a general election in the next two years or so.

Another day dawns close to halloween , and you look about as far away from brexit as you have done for the last three years.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Streetwalker

Quote from: Nick post_id=1684 time=1571713839 user_id=73
Exactly, in this case. He has broken the rules many times to get to the point where he can frustrate the process legitimately.

We may actually thank him in the days to come as the only Brexit is a clean break from Brussels .In  stopping this remainers charter he may actually be doing us a favour .

Many leavers have waivered in recent weeks (self included ) as the 'House of horrors' has ground us down to the point where we will accept any form of leaving .Good god at one point last Saturday I was actually hoping the Boris deal would get the vote . I really must lay off the beer .

No deal is still the only deal on the table that gives us Brexit

Nick

Quote from: Findeton post_id=1670 time=1571685144 user_id=76
Honestly, I don't know why some of you are complaining about Bercow. His ruling in this particular case was pretty straight-forward.

Exactly, in this case. He has broken the rules many times to get to the point where he can frustrate the process legitimately.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Sheepy

Quote from: Cassie post_id=1679 time=1571691545 user_id=57Have we left yet?

Not yet,busy can kicking and showboating.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

T00ts

Quote from: Cassie post_id=1679 time=1571691545 user_id=57Have we left yet?

:lol:  :lol:  :kikass: That's Sheep's line. [size=150]NO[/size]

Cassie

Quote from: Sheepy post_id=1676 time=1571691230 user_id=52
Word has it,they going to fight the electorate until last man standing.They ain't giving up their power over the electorate for anything.

Have we left yet?

Sheepy

Word has it,they going to fight the electorate until last man standing.They ain't giving up their power over the electorate for anything.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Findeton

You may not like it, but Bercow has just followed the rules.

If you want to vote it for a second time, you need to change the rules of the House of Commons. The Government is welcome to try and change them.

In the meanwhile, sed lex dura lex.

cromwell

Quote from: Findeton post_id=1670 time=1571685144 user_id=76
Honestly, I don't know why some of you are complaining about Bercow. His ruling in this particular case was pretty straight-forward.

I think the word you're looking for is bent.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Findeton

T00ts

Quote from: Cassie post_id=1650 time=1571681106 user_id=57
What if BJ just resigned?

BJ resigns I guess there would be another Conservative party leader election = EU extension. The Government resigns - Corbyn has his Buck House interview. He has 2 weeks to see if he has the numbers - while CS runs the country. Corbyn without numbers, GE. EU would give us an extension for a GE.

Hung parliament after 20 odd days campaigning, minimal turnout, party with largest number of seats sees if it can raise a Government. Yes = we are back where we started, No = we are back where we started.

That's my take - perhaps someone else has better news.

There's only one - a resounding majority but we are back where we started.

Streetwalker

Quote from: Cassie post_id=1650 time=1571681106 user_id=57

Depends I think on wether he resigns  as leader of the cons in which case the conservatives just elect another leader and PM . Or if he resigns on behalf of the government and stays as leader of the cons in which case the Queen would ask the leader of the opposition to form a government .

Johnson could then table  a motion of no confidence in the government and force a GE .

Cassie

Quote from: T00ts post_id=1645 time=1571680284 user_id=54
I'm with you totally Cassie. It's heartbreaking. I heard the other day that as things stand we could continue like this til the end of the 5yr term when they would have to give us a GE.

The opposition is running the show, why would they change it?