British negotiator gives EU two-week deadline to drop ‘ideological’ stance

Started by Dynamis, May 15, 2020, 05:51:16 PM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: Stevlin post_id=24877 time=1589648820 user_id=66
Lol - yet again absolute tripe!! No other 'sovereign'  country has to abide by 'EU rules', or use THEIR court for trade disputes resolution......you really should check your facts in order to stop yourself from  looking so foolish Gerry.

We are way passed that point.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Borg Refinery

Quote from: "Hyperduck Quack Quack" post_id=25098 time=1589814901 user_id=103
That's a bit like me giving everyone else on these forums two weeks to become sensible.

...you're dethpicable!
+++

Hyperduck Quack Quack

QuoteBritish negotiator gives EU two-week deadline to drop 'ideological' stance

That's a bit like me giving everyone else on these forums two weeks to become sensible.

Barry

Quote from: Dynamis post_id=25071 time=1589800791 user_id=98
Do all threads on here end up like this? 🤔

Yeah, quite a few.  :-P
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: GerryT post_id=25075 time=1589801214 user_id=61
If you think it's simply filling out a form your deluded. Were you the tea boy for 30yrs.

You may think that, I of course, could not possibly comment.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

GerryT

Quote from: Borchester post_id=25069 time=1589799983 user_id=62
Course you did Pappy.

And you also know that HM Inspector of Taxes and the Customs and Excise merged in 2005? I have never doubted  that you di d.

To be honest, If it has taken you 15 years to the above, it really isn't a surprise that while an averagely intelligent teenager can handle some basic paperwork, you can't.

If you think it's simply filling out a form your deluded. Were you the tea boy for 30yrs.

And as for employing 50,000, you do realise that's 50,000 jobs that add zero to the economy, their salaries/pensions/offices/supplies/admin support teams/hr staff/managerial staff.... How much do you think that will cost, that's dead money.

Out of interest that's more civil servants than the EU employs, ouch.

papasmurf

Course you did Pappy.

And you also know that HM Inspector of Taxes and the Customs and Excise merged in 2005? I have never doubted  that you di d.

I was opposed to the merger back then and I still am.  Both lots of cock-ups merged.

papasmurf

To be honest, If it has taken you 15 years to the above, it really isn't a surprise that while an averagely intelligent teenager can handle some basic paperwork, you can't.

It isn't "basic paperwork" hence the government sponsored training school.

Borg Refinery

+++

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=25067 time=1589797182 user_id=89
Yes I do, and the roles should never have been combined and my points about cock-ups and training still stand.

Course you did Pappy.

Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester post_id=25064 time=1589796833 user_id=62
Pappy, you do know that HMRC stands for Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs don't you?

No, probably not.

Yes I do, and the roles should never have been combined and my points about cock-ups and training still stand.

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=25061 time=1589794983 user_id=89
That is the point 30 years, and given the number of cock-ups HMRC makes that will not be acceptable for customs documentation and compliance.

Pappy, you do know that HMRC stands for Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs don't you?

No, probably not.
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester post_id=25060 time=1589794819 user_id=62
Well Pappy, I did spend 30 years in HMRC but I am sure that you know more about these matters than I. Or anyone else for that matter.

That is the point 30 years, and given the number of cock-ups HMRC makes that will not be acceptable for customs documentation and compliance.

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=25058 time=1589793890 user_id=89
I suspect you have not had to deal with compliance and complex government generated forms.

If you or anyone else thinks they can get 50000 people up to speed and fully conversant and certificated to do it before next January the 1st you and they and especially Gove are living in cloud cuckoo land.

Well Pappy, I did spend 30 years in HMRC but I am sure that you know more about these matters than I. Or anyone else for that matter.
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester post_id=25057 time=1589793427 user_id=62
Sorry Pappy, I forgot. If your lips move when you are reading a form, it probably does take you you a while to complete it. But most of the rest of us can learn in pretty short order.

I suspect you have not had to deal with compliance and complex government generated forms.

If you or anyone else thinks they can get 50000 people up to speed and fully conversant and certificated to do it before next January the 1st you and they and especially Gove are living in cloud cuckoo land.