Main Menu

Care Homes

Started by kwhs10, May 17, 2020, 04:08:09 PM

« previous - next »

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell post_id=25059 time=1589794568 user_id=48
Whilst smurfy does his usual what cannot be escaped is that he does have a point.....and a good one too,talking about DNR notices (and we have seen on here in another thread that they were requested not volunteered) or that people are in gods waiting room,yeah they might be but they are still human beings and should be treated as such.

It is clear mistakes have been made and in an open society that needs to be looked at.

All true, which is why I have told my lot that, come der tag, I have no wish to end up in either a hospital or care home. I dare say that by that time I will be even more gaga than I am now so probably won't have much say in the matter, but at least I have made my point.

The problem with this DNR lark is that the NHS is keen on it because it makes its life easier, but not much fun for the patients because as often as not they die from hunger or thirst, which is a miserable way to go.
Algerie Francais !

DeppityDawg

Quote from: cromwell post_id=25059 time=1589794568 user_id=48
Whilst smurfy does his usual what cannot be escaped is that he does have a point.....

It is clear mistakes have been made and in an open society that needs to be looked at.

It's not that he doesn't sometimes have a point, it's his undisguised attempts to suggest that policies he disagrees with are deliberate attempts to kill vulnerable people that winds others up. Mistakes and deliberate actions are two different things.

That and other dangerous fruitcake notions which I'm not supposed to mention.

cromwell

Whilst smurfy does his usual what cannot be escaped is that he does have a point.....and a good one too,talking about DNR notices (and we have seen on here in another thread that they were requested not volunteered) or that people are in gods waiting room,yeah they might be but they are still human beings and should be treated as such.

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry post_id=25054 time=1589792555 user_id=51

So now you actually want to engage with someone who hasn't got a clue?

Not really, several people on this forum have reached or nearly reached my not trying to have a battle of wits with unarmed people limit.

I have just asked my wife about DNR and in the nursing homes where she worked around 10% had a DNR and the majority of those were medical power of attorney.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester post_id=25036 time=1589747751 user_id=62

I don't know about these DNRA orders.

That is blatantly obvious.

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=25052 time=1589791873 user_id=89
Care to quantify "a lot" please? Did they sign voluntarily or were they coerced?

(There has been a big scandal about the latter in case you hadn't noticed.)

Interesting.

This is the second time you have quoted me
QuoteBarry wrote: 17 May 2020, 16:20

A lot of people in care homes are waiting for God and have signed DNAR orders,

and the first time you posted this.
Quote from: papasmurf post_id=24996 time=1589729053 user_id=89
My wife burst on laughing when she read that, she effectively ran nursing homes on nightshift until she retired through ill health a couple of years ago.

You don't have a clue.

So now you actually want to engage with someone who hasn't got a clue?

Maybe your wife should start an account on the forum and we can put her right, too.  :fpigs:
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry post_id=24991 time=1589728801 user_id=51
A lot of people in care homes are waiting for God and have signed DNAR orders,

Care to quantify "a lot" please? Did they sign voluntarily or were they coerced?

(There has been a big scandal about the latter in case you hadn't noticed.)

DeppityDawg

Quote from: "Hyperduck Quack Quack" post_id=25040 time=1589748536 user_id=103
You're a fine one to talk.

Is that so, Quack Quack? Listen ole son, your hypocrisy has littered both this and the previous forum for several years, and your monotonous posts whinging at the result of the Brexit referendum and constant rambling rubbish about ways to overturn the result were as regular as clockwork. You are a poster who spent his time dreaming up scenarios about how a "second referendum" was justified in the case of Brexit, and in the very next breath claiming that Scotland shouldn't have a second referendum on independence. Your self interest and hypocrisy are blatant Quack Quack, as is shown yet again by this priceless gem in the "hoax" thread -

Quote from: "Hyperduck Quack Quack" post_id=24907 time=1589707119 user_id=103
To me these pro-coronavirus protesters are just beyond the pale. If your house is on fire with members of your family trapped inside you don't kick up a fuss when the fire brigade parks on the double yellow lines outside your house.

Someone in power should be investigating whether anti-terror laws can be used against the pro-coronavirus protesters.

These people have a RIGHT to free speech, and have a RIGHT to lawfully protest, and yet here you are suggesting that they should be treated as terrorists because they don't share the same views as you. You are contemptible, Quack Quack. A narrow, self obsessed, middle class ****** who pays lip service to such things as democracy and free speech only when they mirror want you want.

You used the words "pro-coronavirus protesters" no less than THREE times in successive posts in an attempt to provoke other posters, and everyone ignored you because they could see what a sham argument this is. If someone is opposed to the Governments actions or opposed to lockdown, that does NOT mean they are "pro" coronavirus, and to suggest they are is the argument of an idiot.

The difference between you and I is that while I voted to remain in the EU, I respected the will of the majority, while you are still unable to grasp that democracy means we don't get what WE want, we get what the MAJORITY want. And while I detest zealots like Piers Corbyn and other assorted left and right wing zealots that rent-a-mob protests like this attract, I accept that they have a legal right to both protest lawfully and to free speech, something you also seem to have difficulty grasping because of your narcissism and narrow self interest.

Any time you fancy taking me on in an honest an open debate Quack Quack, you just say the word. But don't expect me to say "kind" things about you or not hurt your poor little feelings, because you in my opinion you are a spoilt and privileged middle class ****** who doesn't understand that the same rights and freedoms you stake your arguments on apply to us ALL, not just you and people who share your cosy little middle class values.

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent post_id=25041 time=1589748976 user_id=63

They sent mum to one of these, to give my brother a bit of respite from her TIA alzheimers ...It went badly, he ended up more stressed than ever and she came back with infected bed sores and was dead four weeks later.

Not all nursing/care homes are like that, but far too many are. My wife had constant battles with management when she was the senior night staff at nursing homes. (She also had the opposite problem old people who had spent time in hospitals arriving with bed sores.)

johnofgwent

Quote from: kwhs10 post_id=24997 time=1589729082 user_id=114
Who the hell is making medical judgements that a critically sick person should be sent to a care home instead of an ICU

I will say no more than it borders on a criminal action that should be investigaetd by the police

I think you misunderstand.

The person is in the 'care' home because their condition is one the NHS has decided it will not bother or cannot bother with. Such people are basically waiting for god.

They sent mum to one of these, to give my brother a bit of respite from her TIA alzheimers ...It went badly, he ended up more stressed than ever and she came back with infected bed sores and was dead four weeks later.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Hyperduck Quack Quack

Quote from: DeppityDawg post_id=25014 time=1589741003 user_id=50
That's never been an obstacle to you posting horse sh*t, has it?

You're a fine one to talk.

Borg Refinery

Quote from: cromwell post_id=25021 time=1589742996 user_id=48

Oh ffs smurfy,the play on words..........never mind :fcplm:

:D
+++

Borchester

Quote from: DeppityDawg post_id=25032 time=1589745662 user_id=50
Oh shut up ffs. You're about as interesting as a wet towel, with half the social skills.

How about you leaving Pappy alone?

Pappy knows all about care homes. He died in one. Boris and the Tories murdered him.

I don't know about these DNRA orders. I have seen people die from pneumonia and while they spend a lot of time choking and gasping and sounding pretty bloody awful, they were mostly in a coma and quietly sleeping their lives away. But I don't like the idea of having my food and drink cut off and left to die of being bloody miserable.

I think that I will sign a do not take me to hospital order. I am not saying that the staff aren't thoroughly decent, but the places are full of sick people and I have no idea  what I might catch
Algerie Francais !

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Javert post_id=25031 time=1589744088 user_id=64
Matt Hancock has claimed that from the very beginning, there was a safety net placed around care homes to protect them.

The reality, and this will be confirmed in the Public Inquiry I hope as it's factual information well documented by paper trails, is that during that same time when he claimed this was happening, patients were being sent back from hospitals to care homes without even being tested for Covid-19, whilst the official government guidance was that this was fine and no problem.

In the last couple of weeks of March, there was a directive that went out to NHS hospitals - empty the hospital ASAP - everyone who is not imminently dying needs to be kicked out - my wife was in hospital at the time and discussed this with the staff there.

Within hours after that, Covid-19 patients were being detected all over the hospital and coming in in droves.

How is that a ring of steel protection around care homes?

It's very difficult to argue that you have already thought of the problems for care homes in huge detail and had it all under control, if you didn't even think of the idea of testing patients in hospital before you sent them back to the care homes at the time.

Hope your wife is alright now Javert.

I agree with you on all counts.
+++

DeppityDawg

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=25015 time=1589741198 user_id=89
I am not responsible for your blinkered vision.

Oh shut up ffs. You're about as interesting as a wet towel, with half the social skills.