Main Menu

Care Homes

Started by kwhs10, May 17, 2020, 04:08:09 PM

« previous - next »

Javert

Matt Hancock has claimed that from the very beginning, there was a safety net placed around care homes to protect them.

The reality, and this will be confirmed in the Public Inquiry I hope as it's factual information well documented by paper trails, is that during that same time when he claimed this was happening, patients were being sent back from hospitals to care homes without even being tested for Covid-19, whilst the official government guidance was that this was fine and no problem.

In the last couple of weeks of March, there was a directive that went out to NHS hospitals - empty the hospital ASAP - everyone who is not imminently dying needs to be kicked out - my wife was in hospital at the time and discussed this with the staff there.

Within hours after that, Covid-19 patients were being detected all over the hospital and coming in in droves.

How is that a ring of steel protection around care homes?

It's very difficult to argue that you have already thought of the problems for care homes in huge detail and had it all under control, if you didn't even think of the idea of testing patients in hospital before you sent them back to the care homes at the time.

cromwell

Quote from: Barry post_id=25026 time=1589743654 user_id=51
Any humour would be unintentional. Anyway, as you know, I "don't have a clue".  :ZIP:

:D  :hattip
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Barry

Quote from: cromwell post_id=25018 time=1589742152 user_id=48
Horse sh*t, blinkered vision,did you post that knowingly? either way  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :hattip

Any humour would be unintentional. Anyway, as you know, I "don't have a clue".  :ZIP:
† The end is nigh †

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=25020 time=1589742855 user_id=89
Cromwell others lack of knowledge is NOT my problem.

Oh ffs smurfy,the play on words..........never mind :fcplm:

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell post_id=25018 time=1589742152 user_id=48
Horse sh*t, blinkered vision,did you post that knowingly? either way  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :hattip

Cromwell others lack of knowledge is NOT my problem.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=25015 time=1589741198 user_id=89
I am not responsible for your blinkered vision.

Horse shit, blinkered vision,did you post that knowingly? either way  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :hattip

cromwell

Quote from: Barry post_id=25002 time=1589729498 user_id=51
I didn't think anyone was.

Wasn't the perceived problem that they were discharging patients from hospital after treatment for Covid19, into care homes. It is possible that those patients were still contagious.

No the problem is they have been  pushing people in to homes without testing them.

QuoteWe have to remember that care homes are not prisons, they are visited often daily by relatives who are also likely to bring the virus into the environment.

No they aren't,as smurfy says visits were last made weeks ago,pre lock down.

papasmurf

Quote from: DeppityDawg post_id=25014 time=1589741003 user_id=50
That's never been an obstacle to you posting horse sh*t, has it?

I am not responsible for your blinkered vision.

DeppityDawg

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=24996 time=1589729053 user_id=89
You don't have a clue.

That's never been an obstacle to you posting horse sh*t, has it?

Borg Refinery

Anyway, it's a scandal and there's gonna be an inquiry after this, then an inquiry into the inquiry, and a report on a report on that inquiry with a committee appointed to oversee a new report into that.

And Boris will be more popular than ever, because the English love him dearly. He could get away with doing a Trump and saying he'd kill someone in broad daylight; and his ratings would only go up("he's refreshingly honest").
+++

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry post_id=25002 time=1589729498 user_id=51

We have to remember that care homes are not prisons, they are visited often daily by relatives who are also likely to bring the virus into the environment.

There has been no visitors allowed into care homes for weeks.

Barry

Quote from: kwhs10 post_id=24997 time=1589729082 user_id=114
Who the hell is making medical judgements that a critically sick person should be sent to a care home instead of an ICU

I will say no more than it borders on a criminal action that should be investigated by the police

I didn't think anyone was.

Wasn't the perceived problem that they were discharging patients from hospital after treatment for Covid19, into care homes. It is possible that those patients were still contagious.

We have to remember that care homes are not prisons, they are visited often daily by relatives who are also likely to bring the virus into the environment.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: kwhs10 post_id=24997 time=1589729082 user_id=114
Who the hell is making medical judgements that a critically sick person should be sent to a care home instead of an ICU

I will say no more than it borders on a criminal action that should be investigaetd by the police

I agree, but the best of luck doing anything about it.

kwhs10

I will say no more than it borders on a criminal action that should be investigaetd by the police

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry post_id=24991 time=1589728801 user_id=51
A lot of people in care homes are waiting for God and have signed DNAR orders, so they certainly don't want to be taken to hospital.

Care homes are generally nursing homes, they are responsible for the full care of patients, they have their own local doctor(s) and treat all patients according to doctor's advice.

My wife burst on laughing when she read that, she effectively ran nursing homes on nightshift until she retired through ill health a couple of years ago.

You don't have a clue.