I have the technology, but I can't use it.(yet.)

Started by papasmurf, May 18, 2020, 02:53:11 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Dynamis post_id=25113 time=1589835031 user_id=98
Sounds nice, I like Bretagne harp stuff. When you wrote Fez I had visions of a Tommy Cooper lookalike performing in a field in Cornwall.

I may suggest that as a motorcycle rally theme. (Not in Cornwall.)
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borg Refinery

Sounds nice, I like Bretagne harp stuff. When you wrote Fez I had visions of a Tommy Cooper lookalike performing in a field in Cornwall.
+++

papasmurf

Downloaded ZOOM, I should be OK when the organiser of the "fez noz" emails me the sign in code.

papasmurf

Quote from: Dynamis post_id=25095 time=1589811281 user_id=98
Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Yes, (The first thing I did.) I have just used the auto detect system to "find" the built in microphone in the camera.

Borg Refinery

+++

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry post_id=25091 time=1589810632 user_id=51
I haven't seen a laptop without a built in camera for over 10 years.

Is this a desktop PC? Have you installed the drivers for the microphone, or tried to find the microphone in device manager?

Desktop PC, I am still faffing about. All installing seems to have been done by "Auto Pilot." I have not used a "Blue Tooth" device before.

Barry

I haven't seen a laptop without a built in camera for over 10 years.

Is this a desktop PC? Have you installed the drivers for the microphone, or tried to find the microphone in device manager?
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Clip on to my PC USB video camera arrived to-day. (My wife was supposed to be taking part in a virtual "Fez Noz," based in Brittany next Saturday evening, but she had to decline due to a lack of camera.)

I was not expecting the camera for weeks yet, postage free from China usually takes a a month to six weeks.

It came with no "destructions." I have however managed to get it to show my face on the screen on my PC. (That was a shock.)

It has a built in microphone but as yet I have not been able to get that functioning.

As for connecting to the Fez Noz on Saturday evening at the moment that is looking unlikely.

:-?