Main Menu

What a disgrace

Started by cromwell, May 19, 2020, 07:46:09 PM

« previous - next »

cromwell

Quote from: Dynamis post_id=25418 time=1590098932 user_id=98
It's depressing in that it shows we've had successive worse-than-useless govts since 1997.

Some people think we haven't had a competent govt since Thatcher, some say Wilson, or since Attlee, or even Churchill...

This touches the other thread and why we need a root and branch overhaul of our political system.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Borg Refinery

Quote from: cromwell post_id=25417 time=1590098430 user_id=48
Surely you cannot mean the inestimable mr Bliar,he who regularly still pops up to remind us of how we still need him to tell us how to run the nation and our lives despite being one of the most despised ex leaders. :(

It's depressing in that it shows we've had successive worse-than-useless govts since 1997.

Some people think we haven't had a competent govt since Thatcher, some say Wilson, or since Attlee, or even Churchill...
+++

cromwell

Quote from: Nick post_id=254 13 time=1590096614 user_id=73
If you want to politicise this.... The 1998 government blocked 1000's of Cantonese people on  BN(O) passports from becoming British citizens, why we didn't pay the additional 99 year lease is another story. As for the Gurkhas, Blair did his best to f**k them over.

Surely you cannot mean the inestimable mr Bliar,he who regularly still pops up to remind us of how we still need him to tell us how to run the nation and our lives despite being one of the most despised ex leaders. :(

Nick

Quote from: Javert post_id=25163 time=1589915148 user_id=64
Because the person who has the power to do that is Priti Patel, part of the government that is prepared to pay all the UK workers 80% of their salary for 6 months whilst they stay at home, but the non UK citizen workers who risk their lives every day in the NHS still have to pay a surcharge to use the services that they themselves are providing, even though they already pay UK tax and NI on their pay.

The same person who as far as I can tell, put through a bill yesterday to stop low paid people coming into the country, and the very next day they are begging for UK people to go an pick rotting fruit in the fields because there isn't enough low skilled labour...- well, I won't be quitting my job to go and pick fruit for minimum wage thanks.  Maybe people who voted Brexit will do it since that's what they apparently wanted.

Alternate explanation - these people aren't UK citizens and therefore can't vote.

If you want to politicise this.... The 1998 government blocked 1000's of Cantonese people on  BN(O) passports from becoming British citizens, why we didn't pay the additional 99 year lease is another story. As for the Gurkhas, Blair did his best to F@@@ them over.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Streetwalker

Quote from: cromwell post_id=25160 time=1589913969 user_id=48
What is wrong with our political system when someone with the necessary power could look at this and say " this is crap" and with the flourish of a pen sort it?

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/may/18/british-army-veteran-faces-27000-nhs-hospital-bill">//https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/may/18/british-army-veteran-faces-27000-nhs-hospital-bill

Whats wrong with it is its arse doesn't know what its elbow is doing . Its a disgrace is putting in mildly  though the problem is born from the guy not getting the right advice on leaving the army not from government policy .

As you say though Cromwell , nothing a stroke of a pen couldn't put right though I would like to know who it was in the NHS (some jobsworth) that decided he had to pay .

papasmurf

Quote from: Dynamis post_id=25390 time=1590088190 user_id=98

To me that means that the government values strawberries more than it does elderly and vulnerable people and others who need care.

Well they can't have no strawberries at Wimbledon next year now can they?
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borg Refinery

"government's new immigration policy, which was voted through the House of Commons on Monday night classes care workers as "low skilled", and while special exemptions have been made for visas for fruit pickers, none have been made for care workers.

To me that means that the government values strawberries more than it does elderly and vulnerable people and others who need care. To me it says that the amazing work care workers do every day is still not understood, recognised or respected. I am furious and saddened that yet again, social care is being ignored and pushed to the back of the queue in terms of its importance to the economy and society."
+++

Borg Refinery

Because the person who has the power to do that is Priti Patel, part of the government that is prepared to pay all the UK workers 80% of their salary for 6 months whilst they stay at home, but the non UK citizen workers who risk their lives every day in the NHS still have to pay a surcharge to use the services that they themselves are providing, even though they already pay UK tax and NI on their pay.

The same person who as far as I can tell, put through a bill yesterday to stop low paid people coming into the country, and the very next day they are begging for UK people to go an pick rotting fruit in the fields because there isn't enough low skilled labour...- well, I won't be quitting my job to go and pick fruit for minimum wage thanks.  Maybe people who voted Brexit will do it since that's what they apparently wanted.

Alternate explanation - these people aren't UK citizens and therefore can't vote.

BORIS Johnson has u-turned on making NHS workers pay the £624 migrant surcharge and will scrap it as soon as possible.

The PM has asked the Home Office and the Department for Health and Social Care to remove NHS and care workers from the extra charge whenever they can.

- The Sun

For our "the telegraph is left wing"-ers on here.

Boris Johnson was forced into an embarrassing U-turn this afternoon after a major Tory rebellion against hiking a £400 fee charged to health and care workers from non-EU countries.

The Prime Minister scrambled to make an exemption for the heroes of the battle against coronavirus amid strong warnings that the Government looked "mean-spirited and petty".

Three Conservative chairmen of Commons select committees and a string of backbenchers revealed to the Evening Standard they were calling on the PM to "think again" about the fee which is due to soar to £624 in October. A former party chairman called it "monstrous and immoral".

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/boris-johnson-nhs-surcharge-removed-a4447686.html%3Famp">https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.standa ... html%3famp">https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/boris-johnson-nhs-surcharge-removed-a4447686.html%3famp

'whenever they can' sounds sus, um, that could be sometimes, never.
+++

Borg Refinery

Home Secretary Priti Patel admits own parents might not have been allowed into UK under her new immigration laws

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/priti-patel-immigration-laws-parents-home-office-brexit-a9343571.html%3Famp">https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.indepe ... html%3famp">https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/priti-patel-immigration-laws-parents-home-office-brexit-a9343571.html%3famp

🤔
+++

Barry

Quote from: Dynamis post_id=25186 time=1589925486 user_id=98
..'Priti  (is she not a migrant herself?

Yes she is, a migrant from London.  :Patriot:
† The end is nigh †

Borg Refinery

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=25166 time=1589915545 user_id=89
And people wonder why her nick-name is the Angel Of Death.

https://johnnyvoid.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/priti-death.jpg">

..Someone else nicknamed her 'Priti Vacant'.  :mrgreen:

She does indeed scrape the gutter ; so expends a great deal of energy looking for any scheisse that will stick to other decent and civil 'colleagues', servants, opponents, migrants (is she not a migrant herself? what has she contributed other than a book describing Brits as idlers?) or generally anyone who's not flavour of the month with the Tory Star Empire.

Still; total embodiment of the faults she/they purport to 'expose' in others has become the default Torybot command.
+++

cromwell

Well maybe it's time we became a bit more self sufficient or that we didn't give people false expectations of their employment prospects beyond their capabilities.

Also that we show more respect for those that work with their hands whether they be harvesting,sweeping the streets,emptying bins or keeping the sewers clear when the so called educated don't appreciate the only shite that should go in the sewers emerges from a human orifice.

Maybe we should also appreciate that its globalism beloved of so many like the tosser Bliar who was polluting our screens last night and still pontificating on brexit that it's that very thing that brought this pandemic to our shores.

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=25166 time=1589915545 user_id=89

Actually it should be Tubby. She is still a pretty little thing but she is also getting to be a bit of a fattie.
Algerie Francais !

Borg Refinery

👍
+++

papasmurf

Because the person who has the power to do that is Priti Patel,

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe