Main Menu

The "new normal"

Started by Barry, May 20, 2020, 12:44:59 PM

« previous - next »

Nalaar

Quote from: cromwell post_id=25316 time=1590060405 user_id=48
Ermmm no afaik NI cards were dumped 9 years ago.

Yes, but there's nothing to stop them bringing them back and making them compulsory, right?

QuoteI fear I'm wasting my time here, all sorts with no right to will demand to see it.

If they have no right, then (like your story about the form that had no right to your NI information) then it doesn't need to be given, and alls grand.
Don't believe everything you think.

Javert

Quote from: cromwell post_id=25304 time=1590056318 user_id=48
Their demand to see it,and btw same question as to javert.....compulsory to carry it?

Rightly so if you are trying to apply for some kind of service or item that has financial or social value.  

You raise the topic of identity theft, and yet you suggest that we should be able to fill in forms and apply for services without provide proof of identity?

To my mind, if we all had compulsory ID cards, it would help a lot with managing illegal immigration, which I strongly suspect is actually the type of immigration that most people really object to.

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell post_id=25316 time=1590060405 user_id=48

I fear I'm wasting my time here,all sorts with no right to will demand to see it.

My wife and I used to have ID cards that could only be shown to a uniformed police officer. Came in very useful several times.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

cromwell

Quote from: Nalaar post_id=25313 time=1590059855 user_id=99You could say the same for carrying your National Insurance card, no?

QuoteThe form you were completing could just of easily demanded to see any number of forms of ID, it didn't.

Details can be stolen whether or not ID cards exist, I don't see why that's an argument against them, any more than it is any other form of ID.

I fear I'm wasting my time here,all sorts with no right to will demand to see it.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

papasmurf

Quote from: Nalaar post_id=25313 time=1590059855 user_id=99
You could say the same for carrying your National Insurance card, no?

The form you were completing could just of easily demanded to see any number of forms of ID, it didn't.

Details can be stolen whether or not ID cards exist, I don't see why that's an argument against them, any more than it is any other form of ID.

My NI number is burned into my memory.

Nalaar

Quote from: cromwell post_id=25312 time=1590059146 user_id=48
Did you read my original post?  thin end of the wedge if not compulsory to carry on outset soon would be,try asking Barry if they shoud be compulsory.

You could say the same for carrying your National Insurance card, no?

QuoteAs to the above scenario I don't think you get the gist,all sorts will demand to see an id card without good cause and without you may be denied,the meek and easily bullied will comply.

And yeah I had my NI details stolen,caused me a lot of aggro and a relative much more even number plate cloned.

The form you were completing could just of easily demanded to see any number of forms of ID, it didn't.

cromwell

Quote from: Nalaar post_id=25311 time=1590058211 user_id=99
I am not saying we should have them.

Is the only factor of the ID card you are against the idea that they would be compulsory to carry?

What would of changed in the above scenario if you owned an ID card?

and no I have not.

Did you read my original post?  thin end of the wedge if not compulsory to carry on outset soon would be,try asking Barry if they shoud be compulsory.

As to the above scenario I don't think you get the gist,all sorts will demand to see an id card without good cause and without you may be denied,the meek and easily bullied will comply.

And yeah I had my NI details stolen,caused me a lot of aggro and a relative much more even number plate cloned.

Nalaar

Quote from: cromwell post_id=25309 time=1590057545 user_id=48
Right so why have it.

I am not saying we should have them.

Is the only factor of the ID card you are against the idea that they would be compulsory to carry?

QuoteI was getting some necessary  paperwork  filled the form in with the minimum required.jumped up official.....Ni number and bank account details

Me..... I don't have to give you those

Him....Yes you do

Me.....try reading your own forms

Him......you wont be getting it

Me.....sighing..... yes I will have given you all the info required,the form states I could choose to give NI no and bank account details but I don't want to so you take your time but I will get it.

Him....raising voice,you have to give it snatches form up and stamps off saying I'm reporting this to boss

Returns after few minutes sullen and snappy.........it'll come in the post.

You meet these types all the time,banks,offices,shops,security guards.

btw ever had your identity stolen?

What would of changed in the above scenario if you owned an ID card?

and no I have not.

cromwell

Quote from: Nalaar post_id=25306 time=1590056651 user_id=99
Why would it be compulsory to carry?

Right so why have it.

QuoteHow often do people currently demand to see forms of ID without context?

I was getting some necessary  paperwork  filled the form in with the minimum required.jumped up official.....Ni number and bank account details

Me..... I don't have to give you those

Him....Yes you do

Me.....try reading your own forms

Him......you wont be getting it

Me.....sighing..... yes I will have given you all the info required,the form states I could choose to give NI no and bank account details but I don't want to so you take your time but I will get it.

Him....raising voice,you have to give it snatches form up and stamps off saying I'm reporting this to boss

Returns after few minutes sullen and snappy.........it'll come in the post.

You meet these types all the time,banks,offices,shops,security guards.

btw ever had your identity stolen?

papasmurf

Quote from: DeppityDawg post_id=25305 time=1590056457 user_id=50
And this is good how exactly? Once upon a time you'd have ended up kissing the pig, but sadly those days are gone. Have you always been an irritating **** or is it a relatively late life state thing?

Well I prefer to be informed about what a totally useless shower the Tories are, it appears in your case you prefer ignorance is bliss.

Only Tories kiss pigs (or worse.)

My being irritating is hereditary, my mother spent her lifetime tilting at windmills, sometimes with spectacular success.

Nalaar

Quote from: cromwell post_id=25304 time=1590056318 user_id=48
Their demand to see it,and btw same question as to javert.....compulsory to carry it?

How often do people currently demand to see forms of ID without context?

Why would it be compulsory to carry?

DeppityDawg

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=25293 time=1590052008 user_id=89
There are files on me at several government departments and agencies, "political irritant" and "activist." (Sub-text who is leaking the sensitive material too him.) Which is hilarious they don't seem to know what is on their own publicly accessible databases. If you know where to look.

And this is good how exactly? Once upon a time you'd have ended up kissing the pig, but sadly those days are gone. Have you always been an irritating **** or is it a relatively late life state thing?

cromwell

Quote from: Nalaar post_id=25303 time=1590056202 user_id=99Comply with what?

Nalaar

Quote from: cromwell post_id=25299 time=1590055241 user_id=48
Yeah well wait till you come up against a petty official who wont budge until you comply.

Comply with what?

cromwell

Quote from: Nalaar post_id=25298 time=1590054673 user_id=99
I've never really understood the anti-ID card argument, I mean sure on a grand level I can see why people could be against them. But in reality (most) people who oppose ID cards will have Driver's licenses, passports, Bank Accounts, a credit file, a national insurance number, etc.

Yeah well wait till you come up against a petty official who wont budge until you comply.