Main Menu

The "new normal"

Started by Barry, May 20, 2020, 12:44:59 PM

« previous - next »

Nalaar

Quote from: Javert post_id=25273 time=1590012208 user_id=64As for ID cards, I actually agree.  That's another odd sacred cow thing about the UK that makes no sense.  In fact, if we'd had them all along it would have been much easier to control illegal immigration and Brexit probably never would have happened either.

I've never really understood the anti-ID card argument, I mean sure on a grand level I can see why people could be against them. But in reality (most) people who oppose ID cards will have Driver's licenses, passports, Bank Accounts, a credit file, a national insurance number, etc.
Don't believe everything you think.

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell post_id=25296 time=1590052757 user_id=48
Oh bugger.....it's Patrick McGoonan

Laugh away. The government not knowing what is on it's own data bases and in government commissioned research makes it very easy to prove government ministers  to be liars when they open their gobs in Parliament.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=25293 time=1590052008 user_id=89
There are files on me at several government departments and agencies, "political irritant" and "activist." (Sub-text who is leaking the sensitive material too him.) Which is hilarious they don't seem to know what is on their own publicly accessible databases. If you know where to look.

Oh bugger.....it's Patrick McGoonan :crzy

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

papasmurf

Quote from: DeppityDawg post_id=25289 time=1590050619 user_id=50
You're an expert in human psychology now too are you?  :roll:

But don't worry. Your position as "forums most irritating poster" is safe.

There are files on me at several government departments and agencies, "political irritant" and "activist." (Sub-text who is leaking the sensitive material too him.) Which is hilarious they don't seem to know what is on their own publicly accessible databases. If you know where to look.

Hyperduck Quack Quack

Quote from: DeppityDawg post_id=25289 time=1590050619 user_id=50

Hey . . . hang on a minute, I thought that was me.  :dncg:

DeppityDawg

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=25288 time=1590050281 user_id=89
People like you are more common than you might think.

papasmurf

Quote from: DeppityDawg post_id=25287 time=1590050149 user_id=50
I'm an equal opportunities bigot. I hate everyone equally.

People like you are more common than you might think.

DeppityDawg

Quote from: cromwell post_id=25281 time=1590045798 user_id=48
Confirmation of what I've always known.....you should be a diplomat. :fpigs:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :-P

I'm an equal opportunities bigot. I hate everyone equally.

Javert

Quote from: cromwell post_id=25279 time=1590044924 user_id=48
Doesn't it? thin end of the wedge and then demanded by every little dictator in many situations without good cause and the ease with which further control be implemented.

Would you make the carrying of ID cards compulsory?

Not sure, but it should be compulsory to have one.

My instinct is that if you are stopped by the police for certain valid and serious suspicions (which they should be able to demonstrate in court if needed), they should be able to detain you until you take them home to show you the ID card or they are fully satisfied that you are not giving a false identity.  On the flip side there should be severe penalties for police officers who abuse this and all interactions should be filmed by cameras on the police officer.

Also, getting the ID card should be free of charge to everyone who is not rich.

cromwell

Quote from: DeppityDawg post_id=25275 time=1590038871 user_id=50
Well,.what can I say? I fecking.hate liberals.....in fact, now I come to think of it, I fecking hate everyone. There's a kind of DD political compass, on which everyone is a fecking idiot/fruitbat/tosser and so on. It saves time. Ffs I'm too busy to give personal meetings, so just fill in this form and it will show you which category of idiot you fall into.

Hmm. I think I'll call you Capt Dynamic from now on. For no other reason than I like it.

Confirmation of what I've always known.....you should be a diplomat. :fpigs:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :-P

cromwell

Quote from: Javert post_id=25273 time=1590012208 user_id=64
It will come back from other countries unless there is her immunity or vaccination, or unless we become completely self sufficient in everything and completely close down all borders like North Korea.

It may be that there is no herd immunity from infection but only from symptoms. Some other corona type viruses you can be infected and be infectious again after less than a year but you will not get sick the second time, but that doesn't stop you from infecting others.  

As for ID cards, I actually agree.  That's another odd sacred cow thing about the UK that makes no sense.  In fact, if we'd had them all along it would have been much easier to control illegal immigration and Brexit probably never would have happened either.

Doesn't it? thin end of the wedge and then demanded by every little dictator in many situations without good cause and the ease with which further control be implemented.

Would you make the carrying of ID cards compulsory?

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry post_id=25268 time=1590007436 user_id=51

Papasmurf, who has no faith in government, wants vaccination made compulsory. How would that be possible without an ID card - or perhaps he would like everyone chipped?

I am in principle in favour or ID cards and for personal reasons I would like to be microchipped.

Compulsory inoculations is a health matter.  However such a policy would have to be backed up with compulsory and quick pay outs for the the few people badly effected. The current system of decades in court to get money in such cases is NOT acceptable.

DeppityDawg

Quote from: Dynamis post_id=25260 time=1590002309 user_id=98
C&p'd from elsewhere;

As papa then pointed out; they accepted advertising from the likes of Unum years back.

There's other stuff too..

Well,.what can I say? I fecking.hate liberals.....in fact, now I come to think of it, I fecking hate everyone. There's a kind of DD political compass, on which everyone is a fecking idiot/fruitbat/tosser and so on. It saves time. Ffs I'm too busy to give personal meetings, so just fill in this form and it will show you which category of idiot you fall into.

Hmm. I think I'll call you Capt Dynamic from now on. For no other reason than I like it.

Borg Refinery

^ Agreed with Javert x2....and cromwell, and Barry to some degree as well, everyone is making valid points and counter arguments.

Barry, my post was in reply to Deppity's comments about the grauniad and don't reflect on you or OP.

Expanding on my other posts;

Whether I qualify as a conspiritard or not, Cadwalladr has herself questioned the intentions of her OWN newspaper; and if you read my links - so have 8+ other ex-grauniad journos, and the Editor sat on the DSMA committee too.

That doesn't mean the grauniad doesn't post some decent stuff, imho it does on occasion, but its integrity is still somewhat compromised.

I don't dismiss OP grauniad article, it is a good article.
+++

Javert

Quote from: Barry post_id=25268 time=1590007436 user_id=51
We won't be battling the pandemic when the new normal come in. It will have abated. Statisticians reckon there will be 0 deaths in the UK on a day in July.

If there had been ID cards, there would have been no "Windrush" problem.

If you oppose ID cards, do you also oppose photos on driving licences, or passports. Should be have open borders with no control?

Yes, I'm in favour of ID cards, because the lack of them shows a lack of government control, whereas the requirement to have one shows that there is some control on who is in the country.

Papasmurf, who has no faith in government, wants vaccination made compulsory. How would that be possible without an ID card - or perhaps he would like everyone chipped?

It will come back from other countries unless there is her immunity or vaccination, or unless we become completely self sufficient in everything and completely close down all borders like North Korea.

It may be that there is no herd immunity from infection but only from symptoms. Some other corona type viruses you can be infected and be infectious again after less than a year but you will not get sick the second time, but that doesn't stop you from infecting others.  

As for ID cards, I actually agree.  That's another odd sacred cow thing about the UK that makes no sense.  In fact, if we'd had them all along it would have been much easier to control illegal immigration and Brexit probably never would have happened either.