Cummings Breaks the Rules.

Started by B0ycey, May 23, 2020, 06:34:21 AM

« previous - next »

B0ycey

So both Goves and Howard are saying driving to test your eyesight is essential travel.  :lol:

Clearly Cummings isn't going anywhere. But it is showing that elitism exists in the UK. And that will damage the government in the long run, because Cummings in now the metaphor. The public aren't stupid regardless whether they care or not. And at no point can the government judge what others do now. Along with this continuing to be brought up for many months to come - even if it isn't front page.

#TheBigToryFuckUp

Thomas

Quote from: BeElBeeBub post_id=26270 time=1590477053 user_id=88
He claimed "last year I wrote about the possible threat from Coronavirus and the urgent need for planning"

The blog post was spring 2019, but the paragraph about the Chinese lab inserted into his blog on April 15th 2020.

It is (unless an other article comes to the surface) a lie that he specifically warned of CV last year.

Not just a mistake either. Not a mis-remembering of a number or date. He edited a webpage then used that as supporting evidence.

Sorry beelbeeb , im still not sure what the big deal is.?

Raking over every inch of ground to try and find somethng....anything...to throw at cummings no matter how small and insignificant it is , or how true , really does come across very badly.

Badly manufactured faux outrage withthe sole aim  , as toots said yesterday , of taking down an individual simply because he is seen as some brexit/tory antichrist  is extremely poor.

You are empowering the man and creating a victim/martyr.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

BeElBeeBub

Quote from: Thomas post_id=26265 time=1590474697 user_id=58
Sorry im not sure how he lied.

is it this you are talking about?

https://dominiccummings.com/2019/03/04/the-most-secure-bio-labs-routinely-make-errors-that-could-cause-a-global-pandemic-are-about-to-re-start-experiments-on-pathogens-engineered-to-make-them-mammalian-airborne-transmissible/">https://dominiccummings.com/2019/03/04/ ... smissible/">https://dominiccummings.com/2019/03/04/the-most-secure-bio-labs-routinely-make-errors-that-could-cause-a-global-pandemic-are-about-to-re-start-experiments-on-pathogens-engineered-to-make-them-mammalian-airborne-transmissible/

Face it beelbeeb. Cummings is going no where.

Those who want him out have been foiled .

The longer it now drags on ( with the hope in certain quarters mud sticks) the more people are switching off and the stronger you are making him.

He claimed "last year I wrote about the possible threat from Coronavirus and the urgent need for planning"

The blog post was spring 2019, but the paragraph about the Chinese lab inserted into his blog on April 15th 2020.

It is (unless an other article comes to the surface) a lie that he specifically warned of CV last year.

Not just a mistake either. Not a mis-remembering of a number or date. He edited a webpage then used that as supporting evidence.

Thomas

Quote from: Dynamis post_id=26255 time=1590446861 user_id=98

FWIW, I agree

:lol:

Ever read the lord of the rings dyno?

I love this quote from it...

Quote But it is said: Do not meddle in the affairs of Wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger. The choice is yours: to go or wait.'

'And it is also said,' answered Frodo: 'Go not to the Elves for counsel, for they will say both no and yes.'
[/b]

Quoteyou'd recall that I don't support Labour ..

I only voted Corbyn,
[/i]

Thomas

Quote from: BeElBeeBub post_id=26262 time=1590473512 user_id=88
A small but nicely provable detail.

During his press conference yesterday DC claimed

Wow, what a prescient genius!  We should totally overlook such minor transgressions as breaking lockdown.....right?

Let's put aside the fact that warning of risk of the item that's been #1 on the UK risk register for over a decade is hardly a work of genius.

Nobody (yet) can find any reference to him warning of SARS/Covid except for a paragraph in a blog from.last year.

Maybe that's what he was referring to.

Except the internet archive that periodically snapshots web pages shows the page was edited in mid April (coincidentally his first day back at work) and the paragraph about SARS added.

So it looks (absent an article probably written last year mentioning SARS) like he lied. Not just a slight slip of the tongue either, but a full on pre meditated, calculated deception.

Sorry im not sure how he lied.

is it this you are talking about?

The report describes yet another well-publicized incident in China in which "two researchers conducting virus research were exposed to severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) coronavirus samples that were incompletely inactivated.
[/b]

Mammal-transmissible bird flu research poses a real danger of a worldwide pandemic that could kill human beings on a vast scale.
[/b]

https://dominiccummings.com/2019/03/04/the-most-secure-bio-labs-routinely-make-errors-that-could-cause-a-global-pandemic-are-about-to-re-start-experiments-on-pathogens-engineered-to-make-them-mammalian-airborne-transmissible/">https://dominiccummings.com/2019/03/04/ ... smissible/">https://dominiccummings.com/2019/03/04/the-most-secure-bio-labs-routinely-make-errors-that-could-cause-a-global-pandemic-are-about-to-re-start-experiments-on-pathogens-engineered-to-make-them-mammalian-airborne-transmissible/

Face it beelbeeb. Cummings is going no where.

Those who want him out have been foiled .

The longer it now drags on ( with the hope in certain quarters mud sticks) the more people are switching off and the stronger you are making him.

BeElBeeBub

A small but nicely provable detail.

During his press conference yesterday DC claimed

QuoteFor years, I have warned of the dangers of pandemics. Last year I wrote about the possible threat of coronaviruses and the urgent need for planning.

Wow, what a prescient genius!  We should totally overlook such minor transgressions as breaking lockdown.....right?

Let's put aside the fact that warning of risk of the item that's been #1 on the UK risk register for over a decade is hardly a work of genius.

Nobody (yet) can find any reference to him warning of SARS/Covid except for a paragraph in a blog from.last year.

Maybe that's what he was referring to.

Except the internet archive that periodically snapshots web pages shows the page was edited in mid April (coincidentally his first day back at work) and the paragraph about SARS added.

So it looks (absent an article probably written last year mentioning SARS) like he lied. Not just a slight slip of the tongue either, but a full on pre meditated, calculated deception.

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Javert post_id=26253 time=1590446504 user_id=64
Well no what I meant is that I think a no deal Brexit at the end of 2020 would be best for the UK and the world as a whole.  I never wanted Brexit at all, but I've now come to the conclusion that the UK will be a banana republic for the next 5-15 years at least, and it's better for the world if the UK has the least ability possible to interfere with civilised countries.  I don't doubt that one day in many years from now we will have a professional proper government again, but while we don't, it's better that the UK has the least possible global power.

You sound exactly like the Europhiles.

FWIW, I agree
+++

Javert

Quote from: B0ycey post_id=26226 time=1590437465 user_id=116
Cummings is no deal Brexit. Who do you think has advised Johnson to be out of the transition by December during the Covid19 clusterfuck?

Well no what I meant is that I think a no deal Brexit at the end of 2020 would be best for the UK and the world as a whole.  I never wanted Brexit at all, but I've now come to the conclusion that the UK will be a banana republic for the next 5-15 years at least, and it's better for the world if the UK has the least ability possible to interfere with civilised countries.  I don't doubt that one day in many years from now we will have a professional proper government again, but while we don't, it's better that the UK has the least possible global power.

Borchester

Cummings is no deal Brexit. Who do you think has advised Johnson to be out of the transition by December during the Covid19 clusterfuck?

Probably because that is what most of what Boris' supporters want. And this flu malaky has been a God sent. Both sides will take negotiations to the wire and make a deal about ten minutes before Big Ben strikes the New Year. But under normal circumstances they would have had huff and puff over not very much for yonks. Now they won't have to go through the motions for at least another month.

Cummings himself seems to be a bit of a plonk. If he had any sense he would have stood in front of the cameras and told a tale about how he flew to his sick parents side because that is what sons do etc etc. But he is a dickhead and didn't. But it does not matter because Dominic's job is to take all the stick coming Boris' way. And when that stops working BoJo will drop him like a hot Kiwi  and recruit another éminence grise.
Algerie Francais !

B0ycey

Quote from: Borchester post_id=26241 time=1590440423 user_id=62
And when that stops working BoJo will drop him like a hot Kiwi  and recruit another éminence grise.

Funny you write that. Cummings is very toxic at the moment. Like really toxic. He is actually bringing down the governments Covid response and frankly credibility. If BoJo dropped him two days ago, or even yesterday, it would have been very good PR. So why didn't he? Cummings must have something on BoJo. He must know some skeletons. Otherwise what does he have? Clearly he isn't very good at PR strategy.

Borchester

Probably because that is what most of what Boris' supporters want. And this flu malaky has been a God sent. Both sides will take negotiations to the wire and make a deal about ten minutes before Big Ben strikes the New Year. But under normal circumstances they would have had huff and puff over not very much for yonks. Now they won't have to go through the motions for at least another month.

Cummings himself seems to be a bit of a plonk. If he had any sense he would have stood in front of the cameras and told a tale about how he flew to his sick parents side because that is what sons do etc etc. But he is a dickhead and didn't. But it does not matter because Dominic's job is to take all the stick coming Boris' way. And when that stops working BoJo will drop him like a hot Kiwi  and recruit another éminence grise.
Algerie Francais !

Borg Refinery

+++

B0ycey

Quote from: Javert post_id=26220 time=1590436779 user_id=64
And for the record - I am now in favour of no deal Brexit so if that was the only point I would hope Cummings stayed for that.

Javert

So I may be wrong, but it feels like on these threads almost everyone agrees that what Cummings did was technically at the least inadvisable.

However some would say that we should just accept it either because:

- He should be let off because if he leaves it might be an excuse not to do Brexit.

- He should be let off because he's just humans and he just did what he thought was right.

Anyway, factually it seems that by his own statement, we learned that he did indeed break the lockdown guidance in several ways:

1) He went back to Downing Street to work after his wife had started to show symptoms and he had been home to check on her.

2) He left the house to go to a second home when he was perfectly fine and had no symptoms at that time, in contravention of the rules.

3) It seems (timeline to be double confirmed) he returned to London and to work before the end of 14 days quarantine.

4) He took a trip out to a Castle, again, before his 14 day quarantine was finished.  He claims this trip was in order to test his eyes.  This breaches the lockdown rules as he specifically claimed the trip was not for exercise but to test his eyes.  Further, this trip may have been an offence under the road traffic act as it's illegal to go out driving if you suspect your eyesight may be impaired.

Point 4 is indeed quite strange, because last time I was at Specsavers, they did not recommend that I should test my eyesight by putting my wife and small child into a couple of tonnes of fast moving machinery and driving for 30 miles at high speed.

I do have quote some sympathy with those who are saying that they were in very similar situations during the early lockdown, and worse, and did not choose the path of cowardice and personal gratification, maybe because I am one of them.

Not only this, there is not a hint of "well, maybe with hindsight I should have done it different" - it's rather - I've done nothing wrong - f**k you.

But overall, the most astonishing thing is that Cummings told Johnson this pack of utter BS yesterday, and Johnson believed him.  This is the PM who is supposed to conduct important treaty negotiations with the leader of other countries.

And for the record - I am now in favour of no deal Brexit so if that was the only point I would hope Cummings stayed for that.

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell post_id=26173 time=1590431355 user_id=48
I'm not certain brexit will happen,see what the future holds and I will come back to you on that.

Well if it doesnt cromwell , you do know you are going to be a laughng stock as a country and as i have said many a time no one will ever take you serious ever again?

You ( as a country) have made a statement for better or worse , and need to follow it through.

The eu will see you as extremely weak  , not to mention enemies around the world , if you go crawling back now.

Better to make  go of it and hold your head high , than reveal your fears to false individuals on internet forums who are trying to put a kid on arm around your virtual shoulder while stabbing you in the back.

I told you this many a time , no one can fault you for voting tory. If i was in your place i would have done so too.

When faced with a binary choise as you have in england between dumb and dumber , the tories are of course the only logical choice.

Can you imagine the shit show we would be going through just now if labour were in charge?

The white flag would be getting raised to brussells , and idread to think of the bumbling auld cant corbyn and that arse of a sidekick of his in charge.

It would be worse than anyhting we have seen from johnson.

We are still paying the price in many ways for the disaster that was blairs general election victories. Look at the damage that feckin man inflicted on these islands in every way shape and form.

These people dont give a feck why or how you voted tory or anything else , they merely want your support in stopping brexit at all cost.

Then it wil be back to buttering you up and selling you down the river as the left in england always do .