Cummings Breaks the Rules.

Started by B0ycey, May 23, 2020, 06:34:21 AM

« previous - next »

B0ycey

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=25767 time=1590312832 user_id=89
Shapps continued to dig an even deeper hole on the Andrew Marr show.

There are critical comments from Tory MPs though:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMMkE6KP4zM&t=90s">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMMkE6KP4zM&t=90s

Indeed.  :thup:

Shapp is crap at justifying this and it will be interesting to see if Johnson can do any better (he won't).

Although the guidance was clear, no mention of the details of did he fill up and more importantly if the child was at risk, where is the proof? There is a difference between "so called" preventions and actually protecting risk to the vulnerable.

This is Tory spin and it stinks.

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Thomas post_id=25765 time=1590312147 user_id=58
Thats all fine sentiments , but unless you can offer voters an alternative that isnt along the lines of "you were too stupid to realise what you voted for in 2016 , so the referendum result must be quashed and labour are the ones to do that" , no one is going to take a blind bit of notice of you , and thats the point.

The "british left" have nothing to offer .

Who is 'you'? I have stated clearly that I don't support Labour with Keir Starmer in charge, nor am I going to vote for them.

QuoteSee this is what im talking about mate , why should brexiters have to start a new party , when both labour and tories promised to enact the referendum result in 2016 , and reneged on it.?

They have to if they want Brexit done.

We knew Corbyn was a secret Brexiter pretending to support remain, and Cameron, May, Boris and the Tories are predictable liars. And Starmer can be counted on to be like Jo Swinson.. and UKIP and BXP were incapable of anything.

It's not my fault that that's the way British politics is configured, don't put that on me.

There is no alternative if Brexiters want Brexit done, and that's that. It's not elitism, it's the truth.

QuoteThe tories at least have learned from their mistakes , and grapsed brexit by the horns .

Is that what you call putting Dom in charge of Brexit?

:lol:

Dom who walked through Samara airport drunk on his vodka and got himself in trouble? Dom who drunkenly heckled Corbyn and was dismissed as some loutish drunk with nothing better to do?

Dom who got booted out of the Rus airline he worked for?

Dom who masterminded the corrupt vote leave campaign?

QuoteWhat are labour offering in return? More condescending put downs and we know best one liners?

Nothing, they offer nothing except Swinson type politics at the moment. I'm not attempting to defend a party I'm not supportive of.

This is whataboutery, anyone who criticises the Tories automatically supports Starmer is not a real argument.

You know it isn't.

QuoteYou have nothing to offer. Instead its here  voters , this is our latest red tory in the line of milliband , sir  pro european keir stauner. Will you vote for him?

Nope and I'm not a lab member. In fact I've only ever voted for them twice, and only as a 'lesser evil' option.

I offer the only sensible option: start a new party if you want Brexit done, the Tories WILL feck it up.

..Yes or no?

Quoteits laughable childish playground politics , and you can see why the tories regularly make mincemeat of you .

Well tell that to all the pro Tories criticising him too then, because they're saying worse things than I am!  :shock:

QuoteNope , the british left and labour did this. You were responsible for the rise of ukip by ignoring peoples concerns over europe and immigration during the blair years , then you went on to ignore the referendum result of 2016 , instead of trying to own it and accept democracy , which in turn forced the electorate to vote more extreme.

:lol: What the feck? I regularly trashed nu lab's actions during their time in power. Wasn't really a fan of Blair, and definitely not a fan of Brown either.

So no, don't try to put any of that on me, it's just not going to fly.

QuoteThe idea the like of lady thornberry telling white van man in essex he is nothing but a nasty little racist nationalist for flying his own countries flag isnt a part of all this is laughable.

Those who dont learn from their mistakes are doomed to repeat them as they say.

And IMHO Thornberry had no place in Corbyn's joke little clique, and is a large part of why he lost.
+++

papasmurf

Quote from: B0ycey post_id=25750 time=1590300663 user_id=116
Indeed Dynamis indeed.  :thup:

Anyways, I wake up this morning and still the same BS from Downing Street to protect this aide.

Shapps continued to dig an even deeper hole on the Andrew Marr show.

There are critical comments from Tory MPs though:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMMkE6KP4zM&t=90s">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMMkE6KP4zM&t=90s

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Thomas

Quote from: Dynamis post_id=25762 time=1590310875 user_id=98
; the voters did so by choosing them. The alternatives were to start a new party (btw this is what Europhiles said to me "STFU and start you own party, don't vote labour as they are useless more useless than the tories you english pigdog"), or to manage a strategic, organised boycott campaign of the vote and big protests.

The voters were pushed into voting for johnson as he appeared to be the only one listening to them , while the british left ignored them as they had done for at least the last decade if not more.

Tell me though , if the british left are so out of touch on all the big issues with the voters , how do they get into power?

Blaming voters for voting tory and brexit isnt to my mind getting off to a good start in understanding and reconciliation is it?
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

Quote from: Dynamis post_id=25762 time=1590310875 user_id=98
And that's all well and good, but listen to what cromwell's saying

"Get Brexit done? I wouldn't trust them to fetch a newspaper with any confidence they wouldn't come back with a tin of prunes."

Thats all fine sentiments , but unless you can offer voters an alternative that isnt along the lines of "you were too stupid to realise what you voted for in 2016 , so the referendum result must be quashed and labour are the ones to do that" , no one is going to take a blind bit of notice of you , and thats the point.

The "british left" have nothing to offer .

QuoteThat's been my point from day one, they will NOT deliver a Brexit to ANYONE's satisfaction; existing purely and 100% to prolong it and draw the process out indefinitely (while trying to make it look like they are doing the exact opposite) thus preserving their place in westminster indefinitely.

If the voters want to get Brexit done, then observe what the French have done and start a new party, the Result Party or something, not a sellout job like Fromage's BXP or a catastrophe like UKIP; but a party that has even the slightest clue of what it's about.

See this is what im talking about mate , why should brexiters have to start a new party , when both labour and tories promised to enact the referendum result in 2016 , and reneged on it.?

The tories at least have learned from their mistakes , and grapsed brexit by the horns . What are labour offering in return? More condescending put downs and we know best one liners?

Labour arent going to get into power slating dominic cummings  , telling the 52% to start a new party or slagging farage off yet again as some sell out.

You have nothing to offer. Instead you are saying ;" here  voters , this is our latest red tory in the line of milliband , sir  pro european keir stauner. Will you vote for him?"

its laughable childish playground politics , and you can see why the tories regularly make mincemeat of you .
So while you may rightly condemn Lab and others, in my view, the Tories and their voters brought this on all of us in England;

Nope , the british left and labour did this. You were responsible for the rise of ukip by ignoring peoples concerns over europe and immigration during the blair years , then you went on to ignore the referendum result of 2016 , instead of trying to own it and accept democracy , which in turn forced the electorate to vote more extreme.

The idea the like of lady thornberry telling white van man in essex he is nothing but a nasty little racist nationalist for flying his own countries flag isnt a part of all this is laughable.

Those who dont learn from their mistakes are doomed to repeat them as they say.

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Thomas post_id=25755 time=1590307481 user_id=58
Well what choice did people have dynamis?

Look , you know im no brexiter , but as we all know , this goes way back to cameron and the aftermath of the scot indy ref , when he went on to turn his attention to euroscpeticism in 2015. Full of his own bravado , thinking he would brush off the brexiters similar to what he did in scotland.

What led to johnson was the mistake cameron made in holding the referendum in 2016 , and completely misjudging the english publics views on europe.

Then the disaster that was the may administration , and westminsters flat out refusal to enact a referendum they held and told the people they would follow through the result no matter what way it went , and didnt.

What did you expect?

It angered me listening to some of the crap being thrown about on why the referendum result shouldnt be enacted never mind brexiters.

You reap what you sow , and from where i am standing  , its not those who voted johnson who should be taking a long look at themselves , but those in England especially who sought to anti democratically turn over the referendum result by any means they could that need a long hard look at themselves in the mirror.

All so feckin predictable.

In my honest opinion , until brexit actually finally happens fully ( not this one foot in one foot out we have at the minute) johnson and his administration will be untouchable.

And that's all well and good, but listen to what cromwell's saying

"Get Brexit done? I wouldn't trust them to fetch a newspaper with any confidence they wouldn't come back with a tin of prunes."

That's been my point from day one, they will NOT deliver a Brexit to ANYONE's satisfaction; existing purely and 100% to prolong it and draw the process out indefinitely (while trying to make it look like they are doing the exact opposite) thus preserving their place in westminster indefinitely.

If the voters want to get Brexit done, then observe what the French have done and start a new party, the Result Party or something, not a sellout job like Fromage's BXP or a catastrophe like UKIP; but a party that has even the slightest clue of what it's about.

So while you may rightly condemn Lab and others, in my view, the Tories and their voters brought this on all of us in England; the voters did so by choosing them. The alternatives were to start a new party (btw this is what Europhiles said to me "STFU and start you own party, don't vote labour as they are useless more useless than the tories you english pigdog"), or to manage a strategic, organised boycott campaign of the vote and big protests.
+++

Thomas

Quote from: Dynamis post_id=25752 time=1590304545 user_id=98

Pretty pathetic stuff but par for the course where this guy is concerned.

I really hope the folks who voted for Boris are satisfied with themselves, this is what you've landed us with. I know the other choices were also bad, but this? Really?

Well what choice did people have dynamis?

Look , you know im no brexiter , but as we all know , this goes way back to cameron and the aftermath of the scot indy ref , when he went on to turn his attention to euroscpeticism in 2015. Full of his own bravado , thinking he would brush off the brexiters similar to what he did in scotland.

What led to johnson was the mistake cameron made in holding the referendum in 2016 , and completely misjudging the english publics views on europe.

Then the disaster that was the may administration , and westminsters flat out refusal to enact a referendum they held and told the people they would follow through the result no matter what way it went , and didnt.

What did you expect?

It angered me listening to some of the crap being thrown about on why the referendum result shouldnt be enacted never mind brexiters.

You reap what you sow , and from where i am standing  , its not those who voted johnson who should be taking a long look at themselves , but those in England especially who sought to anti democratically turn over the referendum result by any means they could that need a long hard look at themselves in the mirror.

All so feckin predictable.

In my honest opinion , until brexit actually finally happens fully ( not this one foot in one foot out we have at the minute) johnson and his administration will be untouchable.

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=25680 time=1590249235 user_id=89
Really? Drove several hundred miles when he knew he had Covid-19 symptoms and left children with elderly relatives.

You are trying to defend the indefensible.

Well, we were forced to look after melissa because the welsh assembly made no provision for her when they demanded sarah travel by public transport to work. If cummings must go for dumping kids with elderly relatives then so must many others in government who forced the same risks on those in isolation because they had been instructed to shield themselves.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

cromwell

Cannot believe he is still in a job,this govt is losing credibility by the day and the whole bloody mess epitomises the Westminster bubble and their sense of superiority.

Get Brexit done? I wouldn't trust them to fetch a newspaper with any confidence they wouldn't come back with a tin of prunes.

Cummings not going? shouldn't have been allowed to come in the first place,I really do give up just illustrates what I've always known that most politicians are a self serving bunch of tossers divorced from reality who try to treat the rest of us as fools and imagine nobody sees through their crap.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Borg Refinery

Blah blah blah

"Who cares about good looks? It's a question of doing the right thing. It's not about what you guys think."

He was later asked by reporters whether he would consider his position, he said: "Obviously not."

"You guys are probably all about as right about that as you were about Brexit: do you remember how right you all were about that," he added.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-politics-52782913">https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co ... s-52782913">https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-politics-52782913

Whatever, who cares, etc.

Pretty pathetic stuff but par for the course where this guy is concerned.

I really hope the folks who voted for Boris are satisfied with themselves, this is what you've landed us with. I know the other choices were also bad, but this? Really?
+++

B0ycey

Indeed Dynamis indeed.  :thup:

Anyways, I wake up this morning and still the same BS from Downing Street to protect this aide. What is it about Cummings? Even if the second claims were false (and I do not believe they are and I hope solid evidence comes to light), it is now time to replace him. This is a total PR mess and clearly the government doesn't care about messaging. What he is being accused of is worse than Calderwood and much much worse than Ferguson. I will be watching who turns up at todays briefing with interest to see if they stutter like Shapp did when justifying clear BS today because all this is doing is showing everyone how clueless the Tories are.  :lol:

Borg Refinery

Quote from: B0ycey post_id=25736 time=1590262207 user_id=116

You cannot make this sh*t up. Johnson gets Shapp to chat bollocks for an hour trying to justify this on some "protecting a vulnerable Child" BS, whilst the Guardian sit on their Sunday headline to knock down the house of cards.

Should have stepped down when he had the chance.

Indeed you can't...

But look, he thinks he can get away with it. He's saying "Who cares", he really has said that, in fact his arrogant imbecilic attitude was summed up by the exchange over Brexit.

"I've had death threats overnight"

"Get brexit done then"

(angrily) "Don't tell me to get Brexit done" (had he not been on camera I'd expect expletive laden rant "you fecking potato headed torrid chunt")

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=u8FAhyQEJRI">https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=u8FAhyQEJRI

Gah..what a twunt, an absolutely sad pathetic little twunty social leper, totally alone in his rage fuelled alkie bubble. He reminds me of Steve Bannon the domestic abuser & sad alkie who wants to "destroy everything" in his alkie fuelled rage at the world. It's feckin sad.

(The best one was Clegg describing him as "some loopy individual" with an "anger management issue".)

+++

Javert

Quote from: Barry post_id=25726 time=1590259075 user_id=51
The scientist had already been infected and was immune. His girlfriend needed to pop over and service him, so I can't see that being done from home.

They don't believe it's necessary for them, so why is it for us. Loads of people I know have had it and are quite confidently safe, only difference is most have not been tested.

Hypocrites the lot of them

Just remind us again what were your symptoms exactly and when?  You seem very convinced that you have had the virus. It are you sure it wasn't some other illness?  I only ask because I thought I had had it back in December but then I really got it and realised I'd been wrong, and only know because my wife was in hospital with it at the same time.

Nalaar

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=25730 time=1590260456 user_id=89
IF this is proven Cummings is toast:-

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/may/23/new-witnesses-cast-doubt-on-dominic-cummingss-lockdown-claims">https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... own-claims">https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/may/23/new-witnesses-cast-doubt-on-dominic-cummingss-lockdown-claims

If this is true (and with two separate families identifying him it seems likely) then I can only imagine the Ministers defending him today were unaware of this, as he's made them look very foolish indeed.
Don't believe everything you think.

B0ycey

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=25730 time=1590260456 user_id=89
IF this is proven Cummings is toast:-

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/may/23/new-witnesses-cast-doubt-on-dominic-cummingss-lockdown-claims">https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... own-claims">https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/may/23/new-witnesses-cast-doubt-on-dominic-cummingss-lockdown-claims

You cannot make this shit up. Johnson gets Shapp to chat bollocks for an hour trying to justify this on some "protecting a vulnerable Child" BS, whilst the Guardian sit on their Sunday headline to knock down the house of cards.

Should have stepped down when he had the chance.