Cummings Breaks the Rules.

Started by B0ycey, May 23, 2020, 06:34:21 AM

« previous - next »

Barry

Cummings needs to go, find a new SpAd Boris.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

IF this is proven Cummings is toast:-

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/may/23/new-witnesses-cast-doubt-on-dominic-cummingss-lockdown-claims">https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... own-claims">https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/may/23/new-witnesses-cast-doubt-on-dominic-cummingss-lockdown-claims
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Javert post_id=25703 time=1590254637 user_id=64
It's all very murky - at one point they claimed that they were going so that the child could stay with the wife's sister at a different house, but then later on this seems to have changed and the child stayed with them the whole time.  There are also reports that "the whole family" were dancing to Abba in the garden (whilst simultaneously being in bed at deaths's door).

The problem is - how does this look to all the people who could have something like this but didn't because they knew it was against the spirit of the rules?  How many people have missed funerals, birthdays, etc.  How many people (like me) continued to look after their children even when already quite ill with CV19 and worrying what would happen if we got worse and went into hospital but still didn't drive across the country to be near their parents.

Also, if Dominic Cummings says he's done nothing wrong and doesn't care how it looks, why didn't he defend Ferguson at the time?

It's notable that Ferguson immediately did the honourable thing (arguably unnecessarily) but Cummings thinks he is above such petty rules.  One might almost think that he believes himself to be "Elite".  This is what really sticks in my throat - these Eton educated millionaires with multiple country houses and adjoining holiday cottages, getting into power partly based on the votes of working class people by telling them they need to get rid of the Elites, and that it's the Metropolitan Elites (i.e. Middle Class people) who are the real problem, then sitting there thinking they are above the rules.  It's not middle class people who are controlling the government or making the rules and processes it's them....

It's a complete scandal.  Abba are rubbish.

:D  :D  :D
+++

Barry

The scientist had already been infected and was immune. His girlfriend needed to pop over and service him, so I can't see that being done from home.

They don't believe it's necessary for them, so why is it for us. Loads of people I know have had it and are quite confidently safe, only difference is most have not been tested.

Hypocrites the lot of them
† The end is nigh †

Nalaar

Quote from: Barry post_id=25716 time=1590258228 user_id=51
They are though, aren't they?

Every prosecution has been dropped by the CPS

This must be a very recent update, I was just reading about CPS prosecutions the other day.
Don't believe everything you think.

B0ycey

This was before the loosening of lockdown I might add, but even now there is guidance with rules. Apart from garden centres, work if safe to do so, meeting up with one person, sun bathing and unlimited exercise and travel to do so, the rules and guidance is pretty much the same as before.

Although Barry can I ask. What is your opinion of government - especially those on the SAGE committee - bending their own rules? How long can lockdown realistically be maintained for those who now want to meet up with family who can just say they are doing so for childcare.

papasmurf

Every prosecution has been dropped by the CPS.

No they haven't.

Barry

Quote from: B0ycey post_id=25674 time=1590247936 user_id=116
Oh my god. Seriously! Sharpps stutterings are embarrassing. Getting grilled over Cummings and the defence isn't even plausible. Seems like the rules are down to interpretation now.   :lol:

Every prosecution has been dropped by the CPS.

The advice given by the government does not match the legislation. In fact, if you read the current legislation, there isn't much you can't do.

Which is why I'm not at home having had some business to do in Kent.

When dare they start telling people that they are immune?
† The end is nigh †

johnofgwent

Quote from: B0ycey post_id=25646 time=1590238729 user_id=116
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-52782913">//https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-52782913

Oh my god. Cummings actually tried to justify this and his response was he didn't care what it looked like. What the f**k!

The advice was simple. If you or your household displayed symptoms, you immediately have to self isolate. It doesn't say you can drive 260 miles so you have child care if you are unfortunate to fall sick.

Like the Doctor in Scotland who resigned for visiting her second home, if Johnson doesn't do anything about this, then elitism and cronyism is rife in Downing Street.

The Scottish case was an adviser to the Scottish Government visiting her second home, twice. But That is a matter for Wee Nikki Krankie not Boris.

While there is plenty of hypocrisy in the upper echelons of the labour run welsh assembly I see no reason for rants of rabid lefties that Cummings must go be paid any heed.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Javert

Quote from: Streetwalker post_id=25683 time=1590250081 user_id=53
If that was the case then I would be disappointed . From what I have read though he went to the area where his family live (not just his parents ) so as to have access to family help during isolation .

This is nothing many families have not done in the past 2 months or so what we are really talking about is should he have driven two hundred miles with his wife barking in the back . Maybe it would have been OK if they had gone by motorbike ?

It's all very murky - at one point they claimed that they were going so that the child could stay with the wife's sister at a different house, but then later on this seems to have changed and the child stayed with them the whole time.  There are also reports that "the whole family" were dancing to Abba in the garden (whilst simultaneously being in bed at deaths's door).

The problem is - how does this look to all the people who could have something like this but didn't because they knew it was against the spirit of the rules?  How many people have missed funerals, birthdays, etc.  How many people (like me) continued to look after their children even when already quite ill with CV19 and worrying what would happen if we got worse and went into hospital but still didn't drive across the country to be near their parents.

Also, if Dominic Cummings says he's done nothing wrong and doesn't care how it looks, why didn't he defend Ferguson at the time?

It's notable that Ferguson immediately did the honourable thing (arguably unnecessarily) but Cummings thinks he is above such petty rules.  One might almost think that he believes himself to be "Elite".  This is what really sticks in my throat - these Eton educated millionaires with multiple country houses and adjoining holiday cottages, getting into power partly based on the votes of working class people by telling them they need to get rid of the Elites, and that it's the Metropolitan Elites (i.e. Middle Class people) who are the real problem, then sitting there thinking they are above the rules.  It's not middle class people who are controlling the government or making the rules and processes it's them....

It's a complete scandal.  Abba are rubbish.

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=25698 time=1590254293 user_id=89
Photos of Boris with a pigs head?

No Cameron was at that end Boris was at the other and the pulled pork  was very tasty . Apparently

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Javert post_id=25696 time=1590253984 user_id=64
The more I read into this, the more it feels like the whole Spectator article and BBC interviews by his wife were part of an elaborate cover up - I don't normally go for conspiracy theories and often give people the benefit of the doubt, but this whole thing feels like a pack of BS to me.  

What I suspect is that his wife panicked when she got ill and insisted that they had to go up there and F**k the rules so he was kind of forced into it by the family, but, if they had just been honest about it from the start they might have got away with it, but like Watergate, it's not the mistake that will get you it's the cover up - they are now going to have to twist themselves in knots defending this pack of lies for the next few days and I suspect it will look more and more preposterous from the outside.

The reality is, if I had been in his situation and had called the police to ask if I could drive 200 miles to be near my parents just in case I also came down with CV19 (and given that I already had relatives and friends living in London which I understand is his situation), I have zero doubt that the police would have said "absolutely no you stay put".

In fact, I was in this situation - I had CV19 and was pretty ill, and I was actually starting to give some thought to what I would need to do about my step son if I had to go to hospital (my wife was already at the hospital), but at no point did I consider going to stay near my parents who also live about 200 miles from me, and at no point did I think that this would be acceptable under the lock down rules they had put in place, nor did I think it would be in any way an appropriate thing to do.

They both flouted the rules out of cowardice and fear.  I didn't and millions of other people in similar or worse situations didn't.

The other really worrying thing is the sheer hypocrisy where they were very quick to say that Neil Ferguson is part of the Sage group etc and is in the public eye so he must absolutely be held to the complete spirit of the rules even if he was technically very likely to be immune, whereas for Dominic Cummings, who is even more in the public eye, the rules suddenly can be bent on your personal decision if you deem it's "the best thing to do for your family".

Even more alarming, senior cabinet ministers including Matt Hancock tweeting support for him in breathtaking opposition to the comments he made about Ferguson, and the attorney general also tweeting a position that could effectively render it impossible to get a conviction on any lock down related prosecution - "but M'lud, the attourney general herself confirmed that if I believed what I was doing was the best thing for my children and family, it was ok" - case dismissed.

Based on this, what I would really wonder is, what on earth does Dominic Cummings have on Boris Johnson that means Johnson would literally put lives in danger in order to defend the indefensible.  How many people will die when they basically decide to ignore the lock down because it's ok for Dom to ignore it?

:hattip

Of course he has something on him and it more than likely relates to Russia....

However, I suspect people will get overexcitable with their weirdo fantasies (not you) as they've no pals to meet and nothing better to do (like Dom) than dribble on about it.. Dom spends his hours concocting ways to 'destroy the system', but they don't seem to work as it's still here and he's a bit useless.

Dom was 'got to' during the time he spent in Russia, they say.
+++

B0ycey

Based on this, what I would really wonder is, what on earth does Dominic Cummings have on Boris Johnson that means Johnson would literally put lives in danger in order to defend the indefensible.  How many people will die when they basically decide to ignore the lock down because it's ok for Dom to ignore it?

This is something I wonder too. What is it about the man that the Tories are basically digging their own Covid19 hole over?

This isn't going away and it is very toxic politically. It's surprising that UK parties haven't really played politics over Covid19 yet. That is about to change if the Tories continue to justify this because clearly it was poor judgement by Cummings and the sensible thing to do now would be to resign. Not try and make excuses as if the public are fucking stupid.

papasmurf

Based on this, what I would really wonder is, what on earth does Dominic Cummings have on Boris Johnson that means Johnson would literally put lives in danger in order to defend the indefensible.

Photos of Boris with a pigs head?

Javert

Quote from: B0ycey post_id=25681 time=1590249562 user_id=116
Well I give a feck. And I give a feck because whilst I disagree with the government strategy, I have kept to it nonetheless. Now it is up to interpretation, well there is a number of things that I could bend. Which means the government is losing its message.

Also, does anyone really buy this childcare nonsense. It is clearly spin (or in laymen an excuse for a mistake).

The more I read into this, the more it feels like the whole Spectator article and BBC interviews by his wife were part of an elaborate cover up - I don't normally go for conspiracy theories and often give people the benefit of the doubt, but this whole thing feels like a pack of BS to me.  

What I suspect is that his wife panicked when she got ill and insisted that they had to go up there and F**k the rules so he was kind of forced into it by the family, but, if they had just been honest about it from the start they might have got away with it, but like Watergate, it's not the mistake that will get you it's the cover up - they are now going to have to twist themselves in knots defending this pack of lies for the next few days and I suspect it will look more and more preposterous from the outside.

The reality is, if I had been in his situation and had called the police to ask if I could drive 200 miles to be near my parents just in case I also came down with CV19 (and given that I already had relatives and friends living in London which I understand is his situation), I have zero doubt that the police would have said "absolutely no you stay put".

In fact, I was in this situation - I had CV19 and was pretty ill, and I was actually starting to give some thought to what I would need to do about my step son if I had to go to hospital (my wife was already at the hospital), but at no point did I consider going to stay near my parents who also live about 200 miles from me, and at no point did I think that this would be acceptable under the lock down rules they had put in place, nor did I think it would be in any way an appropriate thing to do.

They both flouted the rules out of cowardice and fear.  I didn't and millions of other people in similar or worse situations didn't.

The other really worrying thing is the sheer hypocrisy where they were very quick to say that Neil Ferguson is part of the Sage group etc and is in the public eye so he must absolutely be held to the complete spirit of the rules even if he was technically very likely to be immune, whereas for Dominic Cummings, who is even more in the public eye, the rules suddenly can be bent on your personal decision if you deem it's "the best thing to do for your family".

Even more alarming, senior cabinet ministers including Matt Hancock tweeting support for him in breathtaking opposition to the comments he made about Ferguson, and the attorney general also tweeting a position that could effectively render it impossible to get a conviction on any lock down related prosecution - "but M'lud, the attourney general herself confirmed that if I believed what I was doing was the best thing for my children and family, it was ok" - case dismissed.