Cummings Breaks the Rules.

Started by B0ycey, May 23, 2020, 06:34:21 AM

« previous - next »

B0ycey

Quote from: "patman post" post_id=25667 time=1590244812 user_id=70
A very few people (like the PM and the Queen) are able to have others rationalise their flouting of the rules and also have excuses made for close advisers/staff. Whether the defence is impenetrable and lasting will depend on the interests of people in the inner sanctum...

True. I believe they are called "Spin Doctors". Although this is amusing and comes at a time when people are at breaking point with lockdown. When the message is "thank you for your continued disapline and support", the elite do what the F@@@ they like it seems. Can't wait for todays briefing. How can you defend this action after telling everyone to stay at home whenever possible.

patman post

Quote from: B0ycey post_id=25664 time=1590244102 user_id=116
Yes!

It's almost laughable that anyone in government think they can somehow turn this around. What is it about Cummings? Does he hold a Johnson Russian piss video or something? He broke the rules. No unnecessary journeys. You cannot spin that. And if Johnson makes a statement defending this creature, then he has basically ended anyone thinking government advice is credible.

A very few people (like the PM and the Queen) are able to have others rationalise their flouting of the rules and also have excuses made for close advisers/staff. Whether the defence is impenetrable and lasting will depend on the interests of people in the inner sanctum...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

B0ycey

Quote from: Nalaar post_id=25661 time=1590243709 user_id=99
It looks like multiple government ministers are going to double down on the message that it was right for Cummings to make the trip.

This will make lockdown messages from the government that much less credible.

Yes!

It's almost laughable that anyone in government think they can somehow turn this around. What is it about Cummings? Does he hold a Johnson Russian piss video or something? He broke the rules. No unnecessary journeys. You cannot spin that. And if Johnson makes a statement defending this creature, then he has basically ended anyone thinking government advice is credible.

Nalaar

It looks like multiple government ministers are going to double down on the message that it was right for Cummings to make the trip.

This will make lockdown messages from the government that much less credible.
Don't believe everything you think.

Javert

Another hypocritical mistake, compounded by a cover up and a diabolical communication strategy - I thought these guys were supposed to be masters of the art of spin.  I'm beginning to think their previous successes like Brexit were just luck.

Looking at the slowly emerging details around this, it seems like

- There is downing street press release from back in March which said he was self isolating in London which must have been a flat out lie.

- You have to wonder, if they really thought this was all completely fine and normal, why did they cover it up.

- If they didn't know how damaging this would be, why did they write big articles in the Spectator revealing details of their personal lives (which they had never done before), and which I now suspect are full of lies - Cummings "collapsed" immediately upon arriving in Durham and couldn't leave his bed for 10 days - I've had Coronavirus and that is not how it presents - I'm now calling BS on that article and they are all liars.

- Matt Hancock and other cabinet ministers come out in defence of him on Twitter even though Hancock was previously calling for Neil Ferguson to be arrested.

Going by their normal MO, I would expect that later on today some kind of new story will come out trying to attack Muslims or something in order to distract from this.

Personally, if Cummings doesn't resign, i will take it as confirmation that the lock down rules are just optional guidelines and I should do whatever I think is right based on my own understanding of the science.  For me that's not a problem as I've read up on it widely, but when you have idiots taking the same approach, which now they undoubtedly will, it will result in more deaths.

Judging by Twitter this morning, huge numbers of other people think they same - they are all saying that unless Cummings goes, they are going to go visit their parents etc but stay 2m away from them while visiting.

Edit:  Like Watergate, it's the cover up that gets you not the deed itself.  In my view, none of the 3 high profile people who have been caught breaking lockdown rules should really have needed to resign if they had been totally honest about it up front.  It's the lies and cover up that to me means he should resign.  Also most certainly, if he doesn't resign, Neil Ferguson must be re-hired.

B0ycey

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-52782913">//https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-52782913

Oh my god. Cummings actually tried to justify this and his response was he didn't care what it looked like. What the F@@@!

The advice was simple. If you or your household displayed symptoms, you immediately have to self isolate. It doesn't say you can drive 260 miles so you have child care if you are unfortunate to fall sick.

Like the Doctor in Scotland who resigned for visiting her second home, if Johnson doesn't do anything about this, then elitism and cronyism is rife in Downing Street.

Borg Refinery

Yup he's very boncey. Or so they say.. (lol) and knows what he's talking about.

Well great, if you think lockdown needs removing asap and 'britain doesn't need farmers' as one of his top advisors said, that makes sense. Certainly got to be very cerebral..

Hehheheh..

QuoteWhen Gove entered the cabinet as education secretary, Cummings acted as an unofficial adviser after Andy Coulson, Cameron's director of communications, blocked him from working in government. When the tabloid newspaper phone-hacking scandal ended Coulson's career in politics in early 2011, Cummings finally formalised his role.

He and Gove turned their fire on the "blob", the word they used for what they considered to be the education "establishment", including parts of the department they ran, local authorities and teachers' unions. This ill-defined group was supposedly trying to thwart their schools revolution.

"One admirer at the time said that in delivering this vision Cummings was heavily influenced by Lenin, who famously argued that "you cannot make a revolution in white gloves".

"Dom is a much more successful Leninist than any of the Leninists around Corbyn," the friend says.

Cummings rather enjoys being compared to the father of the Russian revolution. But when he heard that someone close to Cameron had compared him to Mao, he threw back a quote from the founder of the People's Republic of China at the Downing Street dilettantes. "A revolution is not a dinner party, comrade," he would say. "

Cummings does not see Brexit as an endgame, but simply as an opportunity. In his writings he openly quotes Lenin – "sometimes nothing happens in decades, and sometimes decades happen in weeks"

One of Cummings' favourite quotes was Lenin's 'The worse, the better' – the sense that a real crisis is when you get the opportunity to change things," he said. "I don't think they will need me or anyone else to tell them that this is a very good opportunity to drive reform."

-BBC

Quite a fan of um, Marx too apparently but only some of his stuff.

Anyway he's a pseudo intellectual hack that's far worse than the cheap expletives, and highly thought out post give him credit for.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/feb/06/inside-the-mind-of-dominic-cummings-brexit-boris-johnson-conservatives">https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... servatives">https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/feb/06/inside-the-mind-of-dominic-cummings-brexit-boris-johnson-conservatives
+++

B0ycey

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-52779356">//https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-52779356

Massive lol at Cummings. What a T@@@. Government has to be pristine perfect when handing out the rules. Otherwise they undermine them. It is just another sign of how this BS is just that. If we were all "going to die" compliance would be high in government. But I think for a while now people are smelling the coffee, especially those in SAGE who can see the data in front of their eyes.

Nonetheless time for Cummings to resign. The Brexit architect has done enough damage and Johnson can't keep sucking his cock. Let that dead weight fall into oblivion. Tosser.