What's really bad about the Durham trips story....

Started by BeElBeeBub, May 23, 2020, 11:34:00 PM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=25780 time=1590315783 user_id=89
I suspect he may have the photographic evidence.

Am I to infer you (like me) believe it wasnt Cameron's dick in that pig .....
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Thomas

Talk about the chattering classes and the brit left misjudging the public mood eh?

I will laugh like feck if nothing happens to him and johnson carries on regardless with cummings in the background.

I think most folk are more bothered about coming out of lockdown and getting back to some form of normality than giving a feck about what cummings has or hasnt done.

maybe thats just me though.

The brit left seem to be working themselves into a frenzy no one else cares much about.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Borg Refinery

+++

B0ycey

Quote from: Dynamis post_id=25963 time=1590349315 user_id=98
Feckin right and all, I hope he gets convicted and sentenced to community service just for extra irony.

Even if he was fined, Johnson would still say Cummings didn't do anything wrong at the daily briefing. :lol:

Borg Refinery

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=25959 time=1590348343 user_id=89
Sorry about the newspaper link but I expect the news item will be widespread shortly:-

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/may/24/witness-complains-to-police-about-dominic-cummings-as-pressure-mounts">https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... ure-mounts">https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/may/24/witness-complains-to-police-about-dominic-cummings-as-pressure-mounts

Sun 24 May 2020 19.43 BST

Dominic Cummings is facing a possible police investigation under health laws over a claim that he breached self-isolation rules in north-east England, after a weekend of mounting pressure on the prime minister to sack his chief adviser.

Retired chemistry teacher Robin Lees made a complaint to the police after reporting that he saw Cummings and his family on 12 April walking in the town of Barnard Castle before getting into a car, a joint investigation by the Guardian and Mirror can reveal.

Lees' alleged sighting of Cummings in the town – 30 miles from Durham, where the aide had been self-isolating after developing Covid-19 symptoms – appeared to come while he was still ill, according to his own account. Writing in the Spectator last month, Cummings said: "At the end of March and for the first two weeks of April, I was ill, so we [Cummings and his wife] were both shut in together."

Feckin right and all, I hope he gets convicted and sentenced to community service just for extra irony.
+++

Thomas

Quote from: BeElBeeBub post_id=25941 time=1590344709 user_id=88

Driving 250+ miles from your primary residence to another dwelling with at least one symptomatic person in the car

who? Prince charles? :lol:

papasmurf

Sorry about the newspaper link but I expect the news item will be widespread shortly:-

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/may/24/witness-complains-to-police-about-dominic-cummings-as-pressure-mounts">https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... ure-mounts">https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/may/24/witness-complains-to-police-about-dominic-cummings-as-pressure-mounts

Sun 24 May 2020 19.43 BST

Dominic Cummings is facing a possible police investigation under health laws over a claim that he breached self-isolation rules in north-east England, after a weekend of mounting pressure on the prime minister to sack his chief adviser.

Retired chemistry teacher Robin Lees made a complaint to the police after reporting that he saw Cummings and his family on 12 April walking in the town of Barnard Castle before getting into a car, a joint investigation by the Guardian and Mirror can reveal.

Lees' alleged sighting of Cummings in the town – 30 miles from Durham, where the aide had been self-isolating after developing Covid-19 symptoms – appeared to come while he was still ill, according to his own account. Writing in the Spectator last month, Cummings said: "At the end of March and for the first two weeks of April, I was ill, so we [Cummings and his wife] were both shut in together."
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

BeElBeeBub

Does anyone here doubt that Cummings broke the regulations on lockdown or did we all miss that

Driving 250+ miles from your primary residence to another dwelling with at least one symptomatic person in the car

Making repeated trips to and from that dwelling to London and the surrounding area during the height of lockdown

Were legal all along.

If the above was legal, why was visiting a second home or having a mistress visit after you had been shown to have recovered and were therefore extremely unlikely to be infectious or be infected resigning offenses?

BeElBeeBub

Quote from: Borchester post_id=25840 time=1590327210 user_id=62
You mean tell the quacks to go fly a kite and recruit medics who will just get on with the job instead of grandstanding?

Sounds good to me.

Good luck with that one.

Where shall we recruit such medics?  Or have I missed the high unemployment amongst trained doctors and nurses in this country?  Are they all currently fruit picking and just waiting for a chance to get back to medicine if only there were some vacancies?

B0ycey

Quote from: Javert post_id=25932 time=1590342704 user_id=64
So I just watched the press conference.

Wouldn't it have been much quicker and saved us all some time if he had just walked in, given the finger to the UK people directly into camera and said "Dominic Cummings loves his children much more than any of you scum" and walked out again?

:lol:

I have never seen someone give such short swift answers from the media. A few were trying to speak as he went to the next video.

Whatever Johnson thought he was going to achieve, it clearly didn't work. More on Cummings tomorrow.

Javert

So I just watched the press conference.

Wouldn't it have been much quicker and saved us all some time if he had just walked in, given the finger to the UK people directly into camera and said "Dominic Cummings loves his children much more than any of you scum" and walked out again?

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell post_id=25850 time=1590328291 user_id=48
No it's not empty and I've said on previous occasions that if the mainstream carry on they risk letting extremism become palatable.

But you havent answered my question cromwell. What extremism?

Extremism is a matter of personal belief. What you hold extreme others might not , and vice versa. As i pointed out , its become so widely misused as a term its now meangless when civic scottish pro european nationalism as an example is classed as extremism by middle class lefites like hyper quack quack simply because it differs from the status quo.
I've also been caused a nazi but that was by know nowts

Normally by those losing the argument. However , my point remains both you and i are classed as extremists by those same middle class muppets i mentioned that it becomes merely a bandied about meaningless terms of no relevance.

cromwell

Quote from: Thomas post_id=25800 time=1590320513 user_id=58
Define extremisim cromwell?

It s an oft used but empty word done to death.No it isn't an empty word and I have said on prewvious occasions that i

No it's not empty and I've said on previous occasions that if the mainstream carry on they risk letting extremism become palatable.

QuoteFFS you were being called an extremist for voting brexit werent you? Im called an extremist for wanting to "divide their nation"

I've also been caused a nazi but that was by know nowts

QuotePersonally i couldnt give a feck who broke lockdown rules , and i suspect the vast majority couldnt either outside the ususal anglo british lefty muppets trying to make political capital , and failing , out of this story.

Yes you could,you complained about big ears  :-P  :-P
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Borchester

Quote from: Javert post_id=25829 time=1590325196 user_id=64
This is going to be pretty hard for the government to ride out.

For example, I've just seen a post from an ICU doctor treating CV19 patients saying "Unless Cummings resigns, I will".

It won't take many of those before Johnson is forced to act.

You mean tell the quacks to go fly a kite and recruit medics who will just get on with the job instead of grandstanding?

Sounds good to me.
Algerie Francais !

Javert

This is going to be pretty hard for the government to ride out.

For example, I've just seen a post from an ICU doctor treating CV19 patients saying "Unless Cummings resigns, I will".

It won't take many of those before Johnson is forced to act.