Main Menu

Quiet of late

Started by T00ts, May 24, 2020, 02:13:55 PM

« previous - next »

T00ts

I get up this morning and stupidly turn on the news. It is time for pundits, politicians, government to grow up. They seem to be telling me this morning that because Cummings broke his own rules (how many other Joe Bloggs did the same?) the country is going to go into melt down. How many people looking at this tripe today are thinking 'well if he did it, I will'? Doesn't it go with what our Mother's said when we followed some idiot in childhood 'would you put your head under a bus if he told you to'?

The air waves are full of concerns about weakness. The Royals are dwelling on our mental health to the point of making us all spineless. The government is nannying us to the point that some are no want to think for themselves. Is it policy to reduce us all to such unthinking, gutless jelly that we are no longer in charge of our lives?

I am sick and tired of the apparent brainwashing that the media seems to have become. Put us all in a cell with a light on 24/7, a tap dripping and the news on a loop, and we come close to demented. What are we creating? It is past the point of ridiculous.

B0ycey

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=25989 time=1590389605 user_id=89
That could be later today.

:thup:

Oh yes. Viva la revolution!

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent post_id=25973 time=1590355406 user_id=63

I think what we need now is a bloody good riot.

That could be later today.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

johnofgwent

It's not just you toots

I have not bothered to watch bbc news since about half way through brexit.

I think what we need now is a bloody good riot.

If on Thursday Boris reopens the pubs and dickhead drakeford and effing gething decide to keep them shut to placate some interest group  .......

We may well get that chance.

My chainsaw is ready.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Borg Refinery

Quote from: T00ts post_id=25832 time=1590326035 user_id=54
I guess I have been a bit quiet of late, not that anyone would probably notice, but I don't think I have ever been so constantly in a state of disappointment.

Throughout the Brexit battle with it's highs and lows, now through the C19 struggles, I don't think there has ever been  such a time of disillusion with UK politics. I can't help but feel that somehow, as a country, we have rather lost the way. Perhaps it is my ongoing isolation - I tend to be obedient, so the instruction of 12 weeks in lockdown is being kept here, even if in the centre of government it has gone by the board. How depressing to see what I thought was a promising government reduced to the current sorry affair. I am tired of soundbites that seem to be not a policy but a public opinion test that inevitably results in a u-turn the following week if not sooner, if the loudest voices shout hard enough. I am afraid that I strongly feel that BJ should still be on sick leave not that that would necessarily improve Downing Street and it's possible that most of the Ministers should go on garden duty for a month at least. What I think about the scientists - well perhaps not on a Sunday. Common sense seems to be completely wiped out.

I am finding it almost impossible to listen/watch/read the news for possibly the first time in my life. The future does indeed look grim. (Before you all start talking about mental health - forget it! It's only politically that I am a mental case.)

:hattip Hope you are OK, had noticed you'd gone quiet.
+++

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts post_id=25832 time=1590326035 user_id=54

I am finding it almost impossible to listen/watch/read the news for possibly the first time in my life. The future does indeed look grim. (Before you all start talking about mental health - forget it! It's only politically that I am a mental case.)

Fortunately due to the wonders of technology I can avoid all British broadcast new and watch TV from all over the World.

Plus yesterday my wife and I went to a virtual motorcycle rally and an evening of Breton music live on YouTube and Zoom.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

T00ts

I guess I have been a bit quiet of late, not that anyone would probably notice, but I don't think I have ever been so constantly in a state of disappointment.

Throughout the Brexit battle with it's highs and lows, now through the C19 struggles, I don't think there has ever been  such a time of disillusion with UK politics. I can't help but feel that somehow, as a country, we have rather lost the way. Perhaps it is my ongoing isolation - I tend to be obedient, so the instruction of 12 weeks in lockdown is being kept here, even if in the centre of government it has gone by the board. How depressing to see what I thought was a promising government reduced to the current sorry affair. I am tired of soundbites that seem to be not a policy but a public opinion test that inevitably results in a u-turn the following week if not sooner, if the loudest voices shout hard enough. I am afraid that I strongly feel that BJ should still be on sick leave not that that would necessarily improve Downing Street and it's possible that most of the Ministers should go on garden duty for a month at least. What I think about the scientists - well perhaps not on a Sunday. Common sense seems to be completely wiped out.