Lockdown saved no lives and may have cost them, Nobel

Started by Borchester, May 24, 2020, 02:40:27 PM

« previous - next »

patman post

Quote from: B0ycey on May 31, 2020, 08:27:32 AMThis has just begun and you say we have saved lives? You don't know how many lives will have been lost by the economic damage in the future. Nor do you know what impact there is if we have a second wave. Lockdowns are not sustainable so unless you plan on locking us up till a vaccine, at some point all nations will have to mitigate the risk and it is up to you to look after your own safety.
During WWII and for decades after, the welfare of the UK improved due to rationing and the government's involvement with health and nutrition. The excesses of the last quarter of the 20th century possibly cost more in health and happiness terms. Austerity may not be on the government's agenda, but may people will possibly need to limit their own aspirations and consumption...

On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Barry

Quote from: Sampanviking on June 30, 2020, 11:26:52 AMPigs Trotters, Chicken Feet, even Pigs Willy, not to mention things that have no name in our language - I have eaten the lot!
Funnily enough, little to do with lockdown, but I thought of Cameron and the opposite, but of course, it had to be dead to avoid a risk of an ectomy.
I've never been hungry enough to eat chicken's feet, although the meat on a pig's trotter is quite good. Never been a fan of Willy, although Margaret Thatcher was, apparently.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on June 30, 2020, 12:43:33 PM

Should they start with you?
You really are a creature.

It would be a pointless exercise.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf on June 30, 2020, 12:14:59 PM
Quote from: cromwell on June 30, 2020, 12:06:47 PM

So medical experiments on people are ok,who do you have as a pin up Josef Mengele?

There are plenty of wastes of Oxygen to experiment on.
Should they start with you?
You really are a creature.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on June 30, 2020, 12:06:47 PM

So medical experiments on people are ok,who do you have as a pin up Josef Mengele?

There are plenty of wastes of Oxygen to experiment on.

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf on June 30, 2020, 11:11:40 AM
Quote from: cromwell on June 30, 2020, 11:09:34 AM

No you probably wouldn't and all probably tories,

Actually they aren't.

Javert

Quote from: papasmurf on June 30, 2020, 11:31:37 AMIf accurate this is interesting:-

I'd be a bit cautious about believing that based on one result, and where the article admits that the study hasn't been peer reviewed.

I certainly wouldn't place a large bet on this turning out to be verified and true.

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on June 30, 2020, 11:22:23 AM

Well, I'm game to volunteer because I am more than convinced I've survived it once and will do again courtesy of my genetic quirk.

If accurate this is interesting:-

More at link:-

https://uk.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-spain-science/coronavirus-traces-found-in-march-2019-sewage-sample-spanish-study-shows-idUKKBN23X2HQ

MADRID (Reuters) - Spanish virologists have found traces of the novel coronavirus in a sample of Barcelona waste water collected in March 2019, nine months before the COVID-19 disease was identified in China, the University of Barcelona said on Friday.

papasmurf

Quote from: Sampanviking on June 30, 2020, 11:26:52 AM

Pigs Trotters, Chicken Feet, even Pigs Willy, not to mention things that have no name in our language - I have eaten the lot!

So have the people in that video.

Sampanviking

Quote from: papasmurf on June 30, 2020, 09:48:23 AM
Quote from: Borchester on June 30, 2020, 09:41:08 AM
Very kind of you to volunteer Pappy, particularly when you may well have many more weeks of life left in you.

The seven day average for fatalities has risen for the first time since early April so it might be that the kung flu will creak on for a bit longer. I sent out for a Chinese last night but I won't be doing that again in a hurry.

I am not volunteering, as for a Chinese but as I cannot get pigs trotters anywhere at the moment:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0qaqmxNKeo

Pigs Trotters, Chicken Feet, even Pigs Willy, not to mention things that have no name in our language - I have eaten the lot!

johnofgwent

Quote from: cromwell on June 30, 2020, 11:09:34 AM
Quote from: papasmurf on June 30, 2020, 09:12:32 AM
Quote from: johnofgwent on June 30, 2020, 09:02:50 AM
Sadly it will take too long to find if such people are vulnerable in that way. In china of course, they'll already know this because they will have used some of their criminal and political priosoners as crash test dummies to find out. Maybe we should follow their example...

I would have no problem at all finding candidates.
No you probably wouldn't and all probably tories,who gave you the right to decide the fate of another human being so as to yours and Johns speculation if we had a regime that disapproved of your right wing views John or you a self confessed dangerous individual smurfy would it be fine to use you both?

Well, I'm game to volunteer because I am more than convinced I've survived it once and will do again courtesy of my genetic quirk.

It's interesting chatting to people while queueing at supermarkets. I have now lost count of the number who tell me they felt really rotten at about the same time the chinese imprisoned that whistleblower doctor, weeks before the chinese police state actually admitted people were dying. The last two I spoke to tell me they were actually treated for pneumonia in the first week of december.... about the time i had the mstery illness.

The really interesting bit is that it has become clear my ability to perform heavy work (like picking up a hundredweight of chippings and walking 100 yards with it) is severely curtailed compared to September / October last year. All the alarm bells go off and the meds I am on that are designed to stop my atrial valves blowing a fuse cut in and i damn near pass out. I have this repeatedly and regularly as I restructure the garden.  Last year I had no such problem with similar levels of effort clearing mum's house out. So it is clear to me I've been hit by something ......

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf on June 30, 2020, 09:12:32 AM
Quote from: johnofgwent on June 30, 2020, 09:02:50 AM
Sadly it will take too long to find if such people are vulnerable in that way. In china of course, they'll already know this because they will have used some of their criminal and political priosoners as crash test dummies to find out. Maybe we should follow their example...

I would have no problem at all finding candidates.
No you probably wouldn't and all probably tories,who gave you the right to decide the fate of another human being so as to yours and Johns speculation if we had a regime that disapproved of your right wing views John or you a self confessed dangerous individual smurfy would it be fine to use you both?

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on June 30, 2020, 09:48:23 AM
Very kind of you to volunteer Pappy, particularly when you may well have many more weeks of life left in you.

The seven day average for fatalities has risen for the first time since early April so it might be that the kung flu will creak on for a bit longer. I sent out for a Chinese last night but I won't be doing that again in a hurry.

I am not volunteering, as for a Chinese but as I cannot get pigs trotters anywhere at the moment:-

Reminds me of when I was an arseless student and when there was a local butcher that sold every part of the pig except the squeal. Happy days  :)
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf