The 2020 Conservative Party leadership challenge.

Started by Hyperduck Quack Quack, May 24, 2020, 07:16:12 PM

« previous - next »

patman post

Quote from: Thomas post_id=26005 time=1590394750 user_id=58
Johnson is untouchable till hard brexit is done , cause the majority of folk in your country want out of the eu more than anything , so they will forgive anything to get there.

Sadly, this appears to be getting more so by the day — especially with the coterie of lack-lustre personnel at the top of the party unlikely to stand up to the Cummings-Johnson duo...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Thomas

Quote from: Streetwalker post_id=26039 time=1590401186 user_id=53:hattip

:thup:

Such a lot of hot air mate and verbiage over nothing regarding cummings.

Coming across as nothing more than yet another brit remainer whinge regarding the tories and stopping brexit.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

Quote from: "Hyperduck Quack Quack" post_id=26076 time=1590410759 user_id=103

I've been on here long enough to realise that your definition of "anti-democrat" is  "anyone that disagrees with me".

:lol:

This forum has become a hoot recently.  The man who argued simultaneously scotland couldnt have another referndum cause you liked the result while arguing the uk must have another cause you didnt over brexit now telling me i define anti democrat as anyone who disagrees with me is hilarious.

Hyperduck Quack Quack

Yer dreaming quackers , just as you have been all the years i have engaged with you online.

Johnson is untouchable till hard brexit is done , cause the majority of folk in your country want out of the eu more than anything , so they will forgive anything to get there.

Well, at least I'm not dreaming of Scottish independence!

The Tories are probably untouchable until the next election but that doesn't mean their leader is.  Even Margaret Thatcher wasn't untouchable.

I've been on here long enough to realise that your definition of "anti-democrat" is  "anyone that disagrees with me".

Streetwalker

Yer dreaming quackers , just as you have been all the years i have engaged with you online.

:hattip

Thomas

Quote from: johnofgwent post_id=25985 time=1590388839 user_id=63

I do not see any appetite for the tories to abandon brexit and re-enter the EU this time being forced to sign up to Schengen and the Euro.

On that basis I feel a challenge to Boris' leadership is most unlikely until 2022/3 at the earliest

:thup:

pretty much john , and by that time brexit will be long done and over with.

what are folk more unhappy with.? The ususal antics of the tories or having anti democrats like quackers piss all over thieir 2016 52 % majority leave the eu vote?

Thomas

Quote from: "Hyperduck Quack Quack" post_id=25999 time=1590394232 user_id=103
If there is a leadership challenge I wasn't thinking it would be primarily about Brexit but rather about the government's mishandling of coronavirus which went something like this:

1) Lockdown introduced too late.

2) Once introduced, lockdown was the correct policy and broadly sensible.

3) Lockdown eased too early, with confused message.

4) Dominic Cummings scandal.

Hyperduck Quack Quack

If there is a leadership challenge I wasn't thinking it would be primarily about Brexit but rather about the government's mishandling of coronavirus which went something like this:

1) Lockdown introduced too late.

2) Once introduced, lockdown was the correct policy and broadly sensible.

3) Lockdown eased too early, with confused message.

4) Dominic Cummings scandal.

johnofgwent

Quote from: "Hyperduck Quack Quack" post_id=25936 time=1590344172 user_id=103
. . . or not, as the case may turn out to be.

The 12 month embargo on challenges to Boris Johnson's leadership of the Conservative Party expires in a couple of months.

Any thoughts, bearing in mind recent developments have upset many senior Conservatives?

The only thing I would forecast is a severe dislike of senior conservatives to get a reputation for rocking the boat or supporting those who do.

I do not see any appetite for the tories to abandon brexit and re-enter the EU this time being forced to sign up to Schengen and the Euro.

On that basis I feel a challenge to Boris' leadership is most unlikely until 2022/3 at the earliest
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

T00ts

Quote from: "Hyperduck Quack Quack" post_id=25936 time=1590344172 user_id=103

The 12 month embargo on challenges to Boris Johnson's leadership of the Conservative Party expires in a couple of months.

Any thoughts, bearing in mind recent developments have upset many senior Conservatives?

There are bound to be whisperings. I think Hunt, Gove would be two talking behind their hands in dark corners, not necessarily to each other. I would want neither but cannot find anyone who I would refer to as a statesman anywhere among the Westminster cobwebs.

B0ycey

Who exactly would be any good at replacing him? It is a party full of duds. We are going to have to accept, that for at least 5 years, we are going to be a laughing stock.

Hyperduck Quack Quack