BJ doesn't budge

Started by T00ts, May 27, 2020, 06:35:36 PM

« previous - next »

Borg Refinery

Quote from: T00ts post_id=26518 time=1590604740 user_id=54He is not a criminal and this treatment of a man and his family is completely out of order.

How is he not a criminal?
+++

cromwell

Quote from: T00ts post_id=26518 time=1590604740 user_id=54
I understand the temptation to take the popular line but I really do ask you all to look beyond the obvious. If you read the full guidelines on Stay at home etc it is quite clear that he really didn't break the rules. There was a lot of inbuilt freedom for individuals to assess their own situation. Be honest guys, if your wife was in tears, throwing things and generally having a fit (I don't know if she was but it's possible) how many of you would look at the situation and take her where she felt happier? I agree that given his position - and I might add he isn't a dictator he didn';t impose the guidelines as many seem to suggest - he had a problem. but just perhaps he actually put his family first. He didn't move in with anyone but stayed near enough that their child would be catered for if needed.

This is mass hysteria of classic proportions and everyone is being led by the nose in order to fulfil the agenda of those who just want him gone. He is not a criminal and this treatment of a man and his family is completely out of order. Just who is going to be mad enough to take public office if this is how they are treated?

I don't really care what is or isn't popular it doesn't interest me,his behaviour is wrong IMO and he should go.

As to this
QuoteBe honest guys, if your wife was in tears, throwing things and generally having a fit (I don't know if she was but it's possible) how many of you would look at the situation and take her where she felt happier?

Yes.....and then I'd resign,too many with no honour with a sense of self importance and superiority.

and this
Quoteeveryone is being led by the nose in order to fulfil the agenda of those who just want him gone.

And you're being led by the idea it's all people who hate him and want him gone,undoubtedly some do but many people have looked and been disgusted at the crap they are expected to believe,the squirming to say how he behaved properly makes me want to reach for a sick bag,good example Gove being interviewed on the radio....So Mr Gove have you ever been on a 60 mile round trip to test your eyesight?....Gove "erm argh oh erm Yes but I'm not a consumate driver" no methinks not a consumate liar either.

That you don't see through his BS and lies I find disappointing.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

B0ycey

Quote from: T00ts post_id=26518 time=1590604740 user_id=54
If you read the full guidelines on Stay at home etc it is quite clear that he really didn't break the rules.

Wow T00ts, you really are naive. And I can't believe you have shovelled in the BS narrative to the extent you repeat it and believe it.

Whether there was a clause for childcare (there wasn't as it was something for domestic abuse) or not is irrelevant. There most definitely was no clause for essential driving to test your eyesight. That and the other three breaches meant he was wrong and broke the rules four times. Which is ironic as Ferguson didn't break one (his mistress did) and was lampooned by those who defended Cummings the most.

patman post

Seems like it's hunker down and carry on — just hope the decisions now being made are from "the science" and not for diversionary purposes to move Cummings off the front page...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

T00ts

Quote from: cromwell post_id=26513 time=1590604127 user_id=48
Far from it,I reckon this'll be back to haunt him

Well many politicians embrace mob rule,they think too many of us as fools,a foolish mob they rule.

Still missing the point T00ts,and no they never get the message that  it's not do as I do it's do as I say,the public are not the fools taken for,.

I understand the temptation to take the popular line but I really do ask you all to look beyond the obvious. If you read the full guidelines on Stay at home etc it is quite clear that he really didn't break the rules. There was a lot of inbuilt freedom for individuals to assess their own situation. Be honest guys, if your wife was in tears, throwing things and generally having a fit (I don't know if she was but it's possible) how many of you would look at the situation and take her where she felt happier? I agree that given his position - and I might add he isn't a dictator he didn';t impose the guidelines as many seem to suggest - he had a problem. but just perhaps he actually put his family first. He didn't move in with anyone but stayed near enough that their child would be catered for if needed.

This is mass hysteria of classic proportions and everyone is being led by the nose in order to fulfil the agenda of those who just want him gone. He is not a criminal and this treatment of a man and his family is completely out of order. Just who is going to be mad enough to take public office if this is how they are treated?

Borg Refinery

Quote from: T00ts post_id=26511 time=1590603771 user_id=54
You're a brave man!   :lol:  :dncg:

The best one is attempting discussion with fellow Orthodox folk (in a group) who believe variously in Romanian Fascism, Brexit, Trump, Putin etc. That's being brave.

"Corbyn is a terrorist and so are his supporters"

Nevermind that, try telling a 6ft Russian fellow what you're thinking of Putin!  :shock:

Nah, they're mostly okay other than the whole starting to intimate threats of violence thing. :lol: But nothing's ever happened..
+++

B0ycey

Quote from: T00ts post_id=26507 time=1590602891 user_id=54
No I disagree. The narrative and strategy has been consistent since last year. They want rid of Cummings, his name has always been toxic. We are being played and there are enough anti BJ, anti Conservative, anti Brexit colluding to make this a major distraction and weakening of the Government. For goodness sake I don't understand why no-one can see deeper.

Apart from those who followed Brexit closely, very few would have known who this guy was three days ago. Now everyone does. You have the hardcore Brexiteers call out his name and blame the BBC like they did before and support this BS nonsense. And those who were opposed to Brexit are probably the most angry of all. But what I am seeing from the moderates, social media, and basically what the Joneses are saying, is they know that this is BS so it doesnt matter if the government is trying this sweep this away or not, the damage is done and people know the truth. And now any time his name is mentioned it will have a subliminal message of anger to the narrative the government are trying to say. This will go away as a story - at least from the front pages anyways, soon enough. But those who think he should go, and that is majority of the public, they will not forget what he did. And really, that is good enough. Because the opposition can use this as ammunition anytime they like whilst he remains in his job - and I suspect throughout Johnsons reign as well, and gain a point or two in public opinion.

cromwell

Quote from: T00ts post_id=26501 time=1590600936 user_id=54Good for him

Far from it,I reckon this'll be back to haunt him

Quote. Do we want a PM prepared to stand firm or are we happy for mob rule?

Well many politicians embrace mob rule,they think too many of us as fools,a foolish mob they rule.

QuoteI for one want  my PM to make his decision and stand by it. Having got this far I want BJ to show some grit. If he gives in it will show a weakness that will only encourage the vultures to keep circling. I am quite sure that Cummings as well as everyone else in Whitehall has got the message about upsetting the electorate, no doubt he has privately been dealt with, but it doesn't have to be a public flogging and there are too many other problems to deal with without this rather unnecessary distraction.

Still missing the point T00ts,and no they never get the message that  it's not do as I do it's do as I say,the public are not the fools taken for,.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

papasmurf

Toots, Dominic Cummings is a VERY dangerous man, he should not be at the heart of ANY government whatever the political party in power.

That Bojo The Clown seems to be scared of him should give you a clue.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

T00ts

Quote from: Dynamis post_id=26509 time=1590603479 user_id=98
I noticed. ;) I certainly never expected you to change your mind based on my rant.

Yeah, that's Dominic Cummings, master of the dark arts (people really do call him that by the way).

Well, according to a lot of people anyway.

Who do you view as the dark artists around Westminster?

I appreciate your sentiment, but imho it's misguided, if it was about something else I'd say fair enough but not re this particular point.

But I appreciate your courage to stand by your opinion and not to change it based on what others' think. If you feel it's right then by all means you should stand by it - just like I have to stand firmly by my belief that it is horribly wrong.

You're a brave man!   :lol:  :dncg:

Borg Refinery

Quote from: T00ts post_id=26506 time=1590602691 user_id=54
No I still stand firm myself on this.

I noticed. ;) I certainly never expected you to change your mind based on my rant.

QuoteLet's be honest I can hardly imagine that when this hit daylight and BJ saw Cummings, either of them thought it was going to be a walk in the park. The dark arts still wander the halls of power.

Yeah, that's Dominic Cummings, master of the dark arts (people really do call him that by the way).

Well, according to a lot of people anyway.

Who do you view as the dark artists around Westminster?

QuoteThere are too many both inside and outside Westminster who have long wanted Cummings out for their own reasons and they have leapt on this as a gift to them. There is no concern for the country just their own ends. Stupidly the news agencies saw another potential for wall to wall frenzy and let's be clear news hounds won't be happy until we are all made suicidal.

If BJ concedes now I'll lose any faith in the role of PM.

I appreciate your sentiment, but imho it's misguided, if it was about something else I'd say fair enough but not re this particular point.

But I appreciate your courage to stand by your opinion and not to change it based on what others' think. If you feel it's right then by all means you should stand by it - just like I have to stand firmly by my belief that it is horribly wrong.
+++

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts post_id=26507 time=1590602891 user_id=54
 For goodness sake I don't understand why no-one can see deeper.

Frankly  you are being naive.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

T00ts

Quote from: B0ycey post_id=26503 time=1590601908 user_id=116
Bloody hell T00ts. You sure fall easily for the political narrative and strategy. It's now just to brush it away and ignore it. So Cummings remains. But his name is toxic. And that will do for now.

No I disagree. The narrative and strategy has been consistent since last year. They want rid of Cummings, his name has always been toxic. We are being played and there are enough anti BJ, anti Conservative, anti Brexit colluding to make this a major distraction and weakening of the Government. For goodness sake I don't understand why no-one can see deeper.

T00ts

Quote from: Dynamis post_id=26504 time=1590601988 user_id=98
Hmm, can see where you're coming from Toots, but in the end of the day he's defending... well, you know what he's defending. There's no reconciling that.

There's stubbornness and steely determination, this falls under stubbornness and pig headedness as opposed to the latter, in my humble opinion of course.

No I still stand firm myself on this. Let's be honest I can hardly imagine that when this hit daylight and BJ saw Cummings, either of them thought it was going to be a walk in the park. The dark arts still wander the halls of power. There are too many both inside and outside Westminster who have long wanted Cummings out for their own reasons and they have leapt on this as a gift to them. There is no concern for the country just their own ends. Stupidly the news agencies saw another potential for wall to wall frenzy and let's be clear news hounds won't be happy until we are all made suicidal.

If BJ concedes now I'll lose any faith in the role of PM.

Borg Refinery

Quote from: T00ts post_id=26501 time=1590600936 user_id=54
Good for him. Do we want a PM prepared to stand firm or are we happy for mob rule? I for one want  my PM to make his decision and stand by it. Having got this far I want BJ to show some grit. If he gives in it will show a weakness that will only encourage the vultures to keep circling. I am quite sure that Cummings as well as everyone else in Whitehall has got the message about upsetting the electorate, no doubt he has privately been dealt with, but it doesn't have to be a public flogging and there are too many other problems to deal with without this rather unnecessary distraction.

Hmm, can see where you're coming from Toots, but in the end of the day he's defending... well, you know what he's defending. There's no reconciling that.

There's stubbornness and steely determination, this falls under stubbornness and pig headedness as opposed to the latter, in my humble opinion of course.
+++