BJ doesn't budge

Started by T00ts, May 27, 2020, 06:35:36 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: B0ycey post_id=26912 time=1590839457 user_id=116

Very few knew who Cummings was Thomas.

I did and am shocked he was let anywhere near government ANY government.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

B0ycey

Quote from: Thomas post_id=26910 time=1590838727 user_id=58
Eh?

Whats changed? Cummings , the brexit antichrist has always been toxic so what are you talking about now boycey?

Do you think he remotely cares?

You made a massive fuss  , and he stuck two fingers up and spat in your face. He is still there. You have failed to remove him with your whiny faux outrage. :roll:

architect for your own downfall!

Very few knew who Cummings was Thomas. Sure his name was echoed in political forums, but most people don't care about that. They do care that they made sacrifices whereas he didn't. And in that sense, his name is universally toxic when before it was those who strongly opposed Brexit. And as he is an aide, this story only morphs, it doesn't go away. That will do for me. It isn't up to Cummings to sack himself. It is up to Johnson to decide how much sacrifice he will willing to take in order to keep him. Being it is a lot, Cummings no doubt has something over him.

But on a personal level, the thing that annoyed me wasn't so much the offence but the lies. Which then turned to amusement watching people try and defend the indefensible. In other words it wasn't what Cummings did but what he made others do so save his ass. And as such any blame should land on Johnsons lap and not Cummings.

Thomas

Quote from: B0ycey post_id=26503 time=1590601908 user_id=116
 So Cummings remains. But his name is toxic. And that will do for now.

Eh?

Whats changed? Cummings , the brexit antichrist has always been toxic so what are you talking about now boycey?

Do you think he remotely cares?

You made a massive fuss  , and he stuck two fingers up and spat in your face. He is still there. You have failed to remove him with your whiny faux outrage. :roll:
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

Quote from: Javert post_id=26889 time=1590834499 user_id=64
Hmmmm.

I agree with Stevlin.

Another week on , johnson and the tories are still in power , cummings has went no where , and the clock is ticking down on a hard brexit.

:shrg:

Seems to have been a storm in yet another remoaner tea cup , which predictably ended with johnson giving you the middle finger.

Thomas

Quote from: Borchester post_id=26803 time=1590762430 user_id=62
We did, but you were supposed to tell Pappy.....

:lol:

Javert

Quote from: Stevlin post_id=26830 time=1590778534 user_id=66
That word isn't too difficult to understand Javert - in the context of it's use, it merely implies that someone may have done something  or may not have. That however, when it relates to a possible contravention of law has to be tested in a court...even 'minor offences' - and the police decided NOT to raise the matter BECAUSE it was considered a minor offence....but do you really believe that police forces in the UK generally decide against processing 'minor' infringements?

I would suggest that 'public interest is a significant factor' in making the decision as to whether or not a prosecution should proceed, and in my view, the decision not to prosecute, merely emphasises the belief that there is " one law for us, and another for the privileged few'... and in my opinion, a prosecution of this 'minor offence' would have regard to the public interest  - even if only helping to dispel such a belief. Whilst it is true that the police frequently do not action against first offences, so at first glace could be deemed to be being consistent, but that just totally ignores Cummings' original trip to Durham, somewhat strangely therefore, considering  that trip to be within the rules, otherwise it should clearly be viewed as a 'second' breach of the law.  

I agree with you on that - as indicated above.

What is of more concern to me is the response of the police. I honestly don't believe that someone of much lesser fame, if discovered in doing what Boris did, would have been treated so leniently.

Hmmmm.

I agree with Stevlin.

Stevlin

Quote from: Javert post_id=26714 time=1590738337 user_id=64
Couple of points:

- Apparently the police often use the word "might" in statements like this and it doesn't necessarily mean what us laypeople think.  Generally it means that the police think he most definitely did break the law, but they have to acknowledge that it's not actually their decision to finalise that, and the final determination would rest with the courts (if Cummings had been fined and then chosen to contest the fine).
That word isn't too difficult to understand Javert - in the context of it's use, it merely implies that someone may have done something  or may not have. That however, when it relates to a possible contravention of law has to be tested in a court...even 'minor offences' - and the police decided NOT to raise the matter BECAUSE it was considered a minor offence....but do you really believe that police forces in the UK generally decide against processing 'minor' infringements?

I would suggest that 'public interest is a significant factor' in making the decision as to whether or not a prosecution should proceed, and in my view, the decision not to prosecute, merely emphasises the belief that there is " one law for us, and another for the privileged few'... and in my opinion, a prosecution of this 'minor offence' would have regard to the public interest  - even if only helping to dispel such a belief. Whilst it is true that the police frequently do not action against first offences, so at first glace could be deemed to be being consistent, but that just totally ignores Cummings' original trip to Durham, somewhat strangely therefore, considering  that trip to be within the rules, otherwise it should clearly be viewed as a 'second' breach of the law.  

QuoteWe also have to keep in mind that there is the actual law as passed by parliament, and the "guidelines" advocated by the government.  He was clearly breaching his own guidelines all the way through even by his own account.  As regards the law, I would actually argue that his trip to Durham broke the law and I'd love to get a more detailed explanation form Durham police as to what they think his reasonable excuse was.  The only thing I could think of that would sway things would be if there are private circumstances about his child or suchlike that have not been made public, but even then I'm struggling to imagine the scenario that would justify this trip in the cold light of day.
I agree with you on that - as indicated above.
QuoteBut again to stress - the original mistakes were not the big issue - it's the subsequent cover up.
What is of more concern to me is the response of the police. I honestly don't believe that someone of much lesser fame, if discovered in doing what Boris did, would have been treated so leniently.

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester post_id=26803 time=1590762430 user_id=62

All of those Hitler videos are very funny. But that does not stop them being  close to the reality of what they lampoon.

Borchester

Quote from: DeppityDawg post_id=26794 time=1590760191 user_id=50

Someone will have to explain to Beelbeeb that these videos are jokes, otherwise he'll do a fourteen page calculation with diagrams to show that these characters aren't real  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: DeppityDawg post_id=26792 time=1590759671 user_id=50
Javert has made a video of what he thinks went on the behind the scenes at no10....  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I suspect that is very close to the truth, the only difference being Cummings would have been hung from a hook by piano wire by now.

DeppityDawg

Someone will have to explain to Beelbeeb that these videos are jokes, otherwise he'll do a fourteen page calculation with diagrams to show that these characters aren't real  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Borg Refinery

I personally thought this was much better, from the same channel.  :D

+++

DeppityDawg

Javert has made a video of what he thinks went on the behind the scenes at no10....  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Sampanviking

Cummings has of course outraged all right thinking people in two instances.

1) Running a campaign to win a referendum, which he was supposed to lose

2) Running the campaign to elect a Prime Minister who will enact the result of the referendum rather than drag it out until it could be voided and nulled.

For both of these reasons he has to go....

Borg Refinery

Look, the bananas are allowed to be bent now, that's the main thing. Bloody EU (shakes fist).

And I wouldn't know Beyonce, I was hoping you could tell me...
+++