BJ doesn't budge

Started by T00ts, May 27, 2020, 06:35:36 PM

« previous - next »

DeppityDawg

Ask a stupid question I suppose....[mutters]"leftie c***s"[/mutters]  :lol:

Borg Refinery

Well, Andrew Neil gets to post whatever he likes no matter how extreme, but Maitlis can't.

Ok, that's how impartiality works in this country I guess. Any corn to go with that soup..
+++

B0ycey

Quote from: DeppityDawg post_id=26665 time=1590691206 user_id=50
Can I just ask if posters on here who are calling for Cummings to be binned (and I don't necessarily disagree), will also be calling for Emily Maitlis to be sacked

No.

patman post

Quote from: Nalaar post_id=26648 time=1590685191 user_id=99
Kinda... It may work when everyone knows 'your guy' is lying to the other side, but when 'your guy' is lying to you, the joke is on you, people don't tale that so well.

But we know that he knows that we know, and he knows we kinda enjoy it, so he plays along and we forgive him. Until...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

T00ts

Quote from: DeppityDawg post_id=26665 time=1590691206 user_id=50
Can I just ask if posters on here who are calling for Cummings to be binned (and I don't necessarily disagree), will also be calling for Emily Maitlis to be sacked for abusing her position (at our expense) as an "unbiased" (.... :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: ) presenter for a national broadcaster to give us HER opinions instead of the news?

Does the same rule apply to blondes?   :dncg:

DeppityDawg

Can I just ask if posters on here who are calling for Cummings to be binned (and I don't necessarily disagree), will also be calling for Emily Maitlis to be sacked for abusing her position (at our expense) as an "unbiased" (.... :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: ) presenter for a national broadcaster to give us HER opinions instead of the news?

cromwell

Quote from: Stevlin post_id=26661 time=1590690468 user_id=66
Well it would appear that the Durham police are saying that he MIGHT have broken the law by going to Barnard Castle, under the current circumstances, but they are NOT charging him because it would be considered a minor offence....

I personally believe they SHOULD have charged him, even  if they thought it was a minor offence....unless of course they do not normally charge people for 'minor offences.

Otherwise, it tends to look as if such reasonably high profile persons like Cummings, can be  afforded 'special consideration,'(maybe because he appears to be indispensable to the PM), and that just indicates that the laws perhaps don't apply equally to those who are  in privileged positions, so they can be, and are  afforded 'some leeway'.

Thank you Stevlin a post from an arch leaver who can see clearly through this faecal soup for what it is.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Stevlin

Quote from: Javert post_id=26655 time=1590688575 user_id=64
... as I said, he has only been hounded because he failed to acknowledge any wrongdoing and tried to cover up his actions in advance with fake articles in the Spectator, even after the police have now said that what he did was wrong.

Well it would appear that the Durham police are saying that he MIGHT have broken the law by going to Barnard Castle, under the current circumstances, but they are NOT charging him because it would be considered a minor offence....

I personally believe they SHOULD have charged him, even  if they thought it was a minor offence....unless of course they do not normally charge people for 'minor offences.

Otherwise, it tends to look as if such reasonably high profile persons like Cummings, can be  afforded 'special consideration,'(maybe because he appears to be indispensable to the PM), and that just indicates that the laws perhaps don't apply equally to those who are  in privileged positions, so they can be, and are  afforded 'some leeway'.

cromwell

Quote from: T00ts post_id=26639 time=1590680602 user_id=54
Cheese and apple comparisons. Did Ferguson lose his job and main income or just his position as a face on Covid? Calderwoods the same. The rabble wants Cummings to lose everything when now even the police have cleared him. Typically your last comment proves my point all along. It was not what he did but the man himself and why? Because he is near the centre of government and it plays to the left's agenda to cause as much mayhem as possible. No matter the country, no matter justice, no matter anything as long as purpose is served.

QuoteIt's despicable behaviour from people who expect the rest to honour them in the future. Fat chance!

Well thanks T00ts but you may consider me rabble......!well  your choice T00ts but Cummings wouldn't recognise honour if it was in concrete letters 10 foot high in his direct gaze.

I voted for brexit not this bloody whitewash and parody of he did nothing wrong,and the police haven't cleared him they've suspended  their independence  to pressure from westminster,sadly I have to say the only people who should be ashamed are those defending this pile of manure that masks as normal and lawful behaviour.

You defend him all you like but many I know who voted brexit are sickened by this whole affair.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Javert

Quote from: T00ts post_id=26611 time=1590668341 user_id=54
That's irrelevant surely.  There is no comparison. People are making a personal judgement on Cummings demanding his sacking etc. Even the Durham police have realised that he did not flout any rules, and only a minor infringement of the trip to the castle. It's pathetic nonsense by the dark arts of politics and media. They should be ashamed of themselves. The man has been hounded beyond belief and this country dreams that they are fair minded. It's disgraceful.

... as I said, he has only been hounded because he failed to acknowledge any wrongdoing and tried to cover up his actions in advance with fake articles in the Spectator, even after the police have now said that what he did was wrong.

Javert

Quote from: T00ts post_id=26574 time=1590656711 user_id=54
Whichever way I look at this it seems that the truth has been twisted by so many in so many different ways, that the real truth wouldn't be recognised if it was in lights in Piccadilly. I feel the man has now been punished enough. Sacking/resignation is not appropriate. I suspect he has already been ripped to shreds both at work and at home and to expect him to hit the dole queue just to satisfy the blood lust of those who will find any way to damage the current Government, I find despicable. I hope he sees this through now I will be disappointed if he is pushed.

But he himself admitted that he broke the rules (even though he then said "I didn't break the rules").  Even the police have now said he broke the law (although they shamefully claimed he didn't break the law in his initial flight to London without stating what they believe was his "reasonable excuse").  That is the truth in black and white.

This is the same as saying - yes I took those items out of the shop without paying but I didn't break any laws.  What?

Have you considered that when the media published this story after asking for 6 weeks where he had been and getting "no comment", they had no idea that not only would have refuse to resign, he would even refuse to say sorry or acknowledge even the slightest error of judgement, and basically say "f*** you" to the whole UK public.

They probably thought he would grovel and apologise but still keep his job - it's his arrogant attitude and premeditated attempts to cover it up that is the main problem.

Do you really want someone running the country who honestly believes that everything they ever do is 100% correct, and anyone who says different should be silenced or ignored?

Nalaar

Quote from: "patman post" post_id=26642 time=1590682843 user_id=70
And when a liar knows that everyone knows he's lying (as with the PM) — he plays it and it becomes a running joke, a likeable trait that everyone overlooks, along with his unreliability, that cements support for the jolly prankster...

Kinda... It may work when everyone knows 'your guy' is lying to the other side, but when 'your guy' is lying to you, the joke is on you, people don't tale that so well.
Don't believe everything you think.

patman post

Quote from: Nalaar post_id=26610 time=1590668251 user_id=99
Lying to you,

especially given everyone knows you are lying.

And when a liar knows that everyone knows he's lying (as with the PM) — he plays it and it becomes a running joke, a likeable trait that everyone overlooks, along with his unreliability, that cements support for the jolly prankster...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

B0ycey

Quote from: T00ts post_id=26639 time=1590680602 user_id=54
Typically your last comment proves my point all along. It was not what he did but the man himself and why?

Cummings would have slithered somewhere. Besides, he isn't short of a bob or two. And no the police didn't clear him.

Nonetheless its the hypocracy that was my issue and the content BS narrative rather than the actual offence itself. For those reasons alone the Tories get what they deserve. Even Sturgeon tried to keep Calderwood on. But sometimes you need to step down when you make a mistake. And even if Cummings was dropped, I suspect he would still be kept on behind the scenes to come back for the Brexit clusterfuck.

Not everything is about Cummings. It won't be him who loses out anyway.

T00ts

Quote from: B0ycey post_id=26632 time=1590677121 user_id=116
...but Ferguson did not do any sort of infringement and Calderwoods offence would have been classed as slight as well as it wasn't a social distancing issue.

It would be interesting to see if Hancocks gives Ferguson an apology given he lampooned him and supported Cummings. Not that I care. This issue has already done as much damage as it can and always has the fingers pointing and political slur narrative to it for the future.

Cheese and apple comparisons. Did Ferguson lose his job and main income or just his position as a face on Covid? Calderwoods the same. The rabble wants Cummings to lose everything when now even the police have cleared him. Typically your last comment proves my point all along. It was not what he did but the man himself and why? Because he is near the centre of government and it plays to the left's agenda to cause as much mayhem as possible. No matter the country, no matter justice, no matter anything as long as purpose is served. It's despicable behaviour from people who expect the rest to honour them in the future. Fat chance!