BJ doesn't budge

Started by T00ts, May 27, 2020, 06:35:36 PM

« previous - next »

B0ycey

Quote from: T00ts post_id=26631 time=1590676721 user_id=54
The news item I heard said that he did not break any rule on the way to Durham, but it was a slight infringement to drive to the castle.

...but Ferguson did not do any sort of infringement and Calderwoods offence would have been classed as slight as well as it wasn't a social distancing issue.

It would be interesting to see if Hancocks gives Ferguson an apology given he lampooned him and supported Cummings. Not that I care. This issue has already done as much damage as it can and always has the fingers pointing and political slur narrative to it for the future.

T00ts

Quote from: johnofgwent post_id=26622 time=1590671836 user_id=63
Now its difficult to comment because of course there were FOUR different sets of law and FOUR different sets of advice.

But I read everything Dickhead Drakeford and Effing Gethin put out before I started the engine to breach not only the Welsh Assembly Shitheads rantings, but the law as well.in order to ensure my grand daughter wasnt taken into care and my daughter arrested for neglect and child abandonment when she was told to work but also told she was not key enough to have a childcare place.

The difference between me and cummings is I was making lots of noise about how the law was as ass, not that I'd adhered to the rules

And the plod now say he broke the law but they are doing sh*t all about it

The news item I heard said that he did not break any rule on the way to Durham, but it was a slight infringement to drive to the castle.

patman post

Quote from: Javert post_id=26554 time=1590651173 user_id=64
Let's wind forward a month.  If it turns out that cases are going up and more people are dying again, and there is very strong evidence that large numbers of people are ignoring the lock down quoting - "If Dominic Cummings can ignore the lock down and get away with it then I will too" - would that make any difference?

Let's hope the easing of the lock-down is not a ploy to lessen attention on Cummings....
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

johnofgwent

Quote from: T00ts post_id=26518 time=1590604740 user_id=54
I understand the temptation to take the popular line but I really do ask you all to look beyond the obvious. If you read the full guidelines on Stay at home etc it is quite clear that he really didn't break the rules. There was a lot of inbuilt freedom for individuals to assess their own situation. Be honest guys, if your wife was in tears, throwing things and generally having a fit (I don't know if she was but it's possible) how many of you would look at the situation and take her where she felt happier? I agree that given his position - and I might add he isn't a dictator he didn';t impose the guidelines as many seem to suggest - he had a problem. but just perhaps he actually put his family first. He didn't move in with anyone but stayed near enough that their child would be catered for if needed.

This is mass hysteria of classic proportions and everyone is being led by the nose in order to fulfil the agenda of those who just want him gone. He is not a criminal and this treatment of a man and his family is completely out of order. Just who is going to be mad enough to take public office if this is how they are treated?

Now its difficult to comment because of course there were FOUR different sets of law and FOUR different sets of advice.

But I read everything Dickhead Drakeford and Effing Gethin put out before I started the engine to breach not only the Welsh Assembly Shitheads rantings, but the law as well.in order to ensure my grand daughter wasnt taken into care and my daughter arrested for neglect and child abandonment when she was told to work but also told she was not key enough to have a childcare place.

The difference between me and cummings is I was making lots of noise about how the law was as ass, not that I'd adhered to the rules

And the plod now say he broke the law but they are doing shit all about it
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

Quote from: Dynamis post_id=26615 time=1590669625 user_id=98
The response from my MP Sally-Ann Hart was 'interesting' to say the least,

So was the one from my, (Tory) MP Derek Thomas, he appears to be hiding.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borg Refinery

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=26607 time=1590667841 user_id=89
Treating us all like idiots.

The response from my MP Sally-Ann Hart was 'interesting' to say the least, I'd post it - but not sure if you're allowed to.

She's supposedly being investigated for anti-semitism, islamophobia, disablist comments she mad and no doubt for being a part of the Sith Order in secret.
+++

B0ycey

Quote from: T00ts post_id=26611 time=1590668341 user_id=54
That's irrelevant surely.  There is no comparison. People are making a personal judgement on Cummings demanding his sacking etc. Even the Durham police have realised that he did not flout any rules, and only a minor infringement of the trip to the castle. It's pathetic nonsense by the dark arts of politics and media. They should be ashamed of themselves. The man has been hounded beyond belief and this country dreams that they are fair minded. It's disgraceful.

There is only a very few who think he did nothing wrong. Even his supporters no doubt know he is lying. But like the Trumpists they don't care about the lies as long as they get Brexit done I suspect.

As for Durham police, they may still prosecute. There is certainly enough evidence for it. But the story has moved on. Nobody is going to do anything like lynch him because ultimately we have more important things to focus on like the next stage of lockdown. So it will just come up every so often everytime the Tories are accused of hypocracy and the name Cummings becomes toxic for the moderate voters at future elections. So at least that is a good thing for those who oppose the Tories. They might well be their own downfall.

T00ts

Quote from: B0ycey post_id=26608 time=1590667879 user_id=116
Indeed. A guy waving a "Stop Brexit" sign does not mean they are a lynch mob. Perhaps another sign of the BS narrative where Cummings seems only now bothered about protests during a time when they are illegal and don't exist than a time when they did exist but still orchestrated Brexit anyways regardless of the safety of his son.

That's irrelevant surely.  There is no comparison. People are making a personal judgement on Cummings demanding his sacking etc. Even the Durham police have realised that he did not flout any rules, and only a minor infringement of the trip to the castle. It's pathetic nonsense by the dark arts of politics and media. They should be ashamed of themselves. The man has been hounded beyond belief and this country dreams that they are fair minded. It's disgraceful.

Nalaar

Quote from: T00ts post_id=26606 time=1590667671 user_id=54
What constitutes talking down?

Lying to you,

especially given everyone knows you are lying.
Don't believe everything you think.

B0ycey

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=26599 time=1590666738 user_id=89
There is no lynch mob. (Or Cummings and Bojo The Clown would be dead by now.)

Indeed. A guy waving a "Stop Brexit" sign does not mean they are a lynch mob. Perhaps another sign of the BS narrative where Cummings seems only now bothered about protests during a time when they are illegal and don't exist than a time when they did exist but still orchestrated Brexit anyways regardless of the safety of his son.

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts post_id=26606 time=1590667671 user_id=54

Treating us all like idiots.

T00ts

Quote from: Nalaar post_id=26604 time=1590667486 user_id=99
It is that simple.

I don't much like the way in which Boris, Gove, and the others are handling this. They are talking down to people, and it's okay for most people when your party are talking down to others, but in this case the conservatives are talking down to their own voters as well.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nalaar post_id=26604 time=1590667486 user_id=99
It is that simple.

I don't much like the way in which Boris, Gove, and the others are handling this. They are talking down to people, and it's okay for most people when your party are talking down to others, but in this case the conservatives are talking down to their own voters as well.

And their own MPs.

Nalaar

Quote from: T00ts post_id=26598 time=1590666594 user_id=54
If it was as simple as that I would agree, but this strikes me as more to do with wearing a hair shirt in public for the foreseeable future. The man did not use the word sorry but intimated that he could see why others were angry. For that kind of man it was as good as. As I seem to keep saying there is not enough penance for this lynch mob.

It is that simple.

Don't believe everything you think.

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts post_id=26601 time=1590666917 user_id=54
Sometimes you really depress me - but I try to think you are joking.

No joking involved.