Elitism, clarse and all that...

Started by DeppityDawg, May 28, 2020, 11:40:02 AM

« previous - next »

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Thomas post_id=26936 time=1590842386 user_id=58he is still trying to justify tony blairs mass immigration policy  "as a good thing " wether the public wanted it or not.

That is another flat out lie from you.

I said that the lies about eastern europeans were, well, lies. And that there was no such thing as 'unlimited immigration'. I specifically said that he got many things wrong with his immigration policy as a whole - including abolishing exit checks.

None of that is untrue. You want to steal UKIP votes by lying to them and telling them you agree with their policy when you don't. You said as much.

The SNP don't endorse your policy of lying your arse off to attain votes. In fact, you don't speak for them at all.

You're still angry about an exchange from days ago eh. That's pathetic Thommy, get a grip..
+++

DeppityDawg

Quote from: Thomas post_id=26960 time=1590844905 user_id=58
Well when i was growing up in the eighties , i wanted to mention the role women played in my life.

While boycies great gandad was lecturing us on idealism and materialsim , and i got my first copy of "das kapital" , we were more interested in humping girls getting pissed and going to concerts than the wonders of communism im afraid.

if it wasnt for the wonders of female charm , i might have become one of boyceys fellow politburo members , instead , debauchery won the day.

Such is the sad tale of the endevaours of communism in uk life and its failure to reach the ordinary people.

My maw was a five foot tall walking volcano , and my sister and female family members all absolutely crazy , so much so we grew up knowing our place in glaswegian society. 8-)

without a doubt.

My wife and I had a huge row last night. She called me gullible and said I was "financially irresponsible".

I can't wait to see her face when I tell her I've just won the Nigerian lottery!

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I wish my mum had stood up to my old man more, but she was who she was. Loyal to the end. My sisters (three of them, two younger and one older) and I have an odd relationship now. I'm close to my older sister (I think because we both witnessed the worst of the old mans excesses, wheras the two younger ones saw it less so because they were much younger when he died). She got in with bands and ended up marrying a musician. My middle sister is alright, but a bit too serious at times. She's the "clever" one. I bet her and Javert would get on like a house on fire, until he told her what was in her best interests that is. My youngest sister got in with the far left crowd (animal activist/unwashed scumbags  :lol: ) and we never really had much of a relationship after I left home at 17. I haven't even seen her for about 10 years now. All married now (one divorced). They were all pretty good looking girls, so they never had any shortage of boyfriends, but I never liked any of them :lol:

But it was mum that held it all together. I used to send her as much money as I could long after I left. I miss her loads, and despite everything, she was a great laugh. Never lost her sense of humour and never stopped looking out for her kids.

B0ycey

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=26979 time=1590847381 user_id=89
If you set someone on foe you don't need to read the drivel they post.

Sorry, does it delete the text from view to the individual?

And friends, does that do nothing but look pretty in your profile?

T00ts

Quote from: "patman post" post_id=26978 time=1590847345 user_id=70
Isn't that the result of Covid...?

I will have you know that I recently had a birthday and the years are coming off a treat!   :dncg:

papasmurf

Quote from: B0ycey post_id=26974 time=1590847084 user_id=116
Does anyone know what this Friends/Foe setting does (if anything)?

If you set someone on foe you don't need to read the drivel they post.

It is like ignore. I have three people set as foes but one them is now banned.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

patman post

Quote from: T00ts post_id=26973 time=1590847038 user_id=54
Let's have less of the 'old' shall we?   :kikass:  :X:

Isn't that the result of Covid...?
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

T00ts

Quote from: B0ycey post_id=26974 time=1590847084 user_id=116

You can choose who to ignore (Foe), and presumably who your mates might be. Don't hold your breath!   :hattip

B0ycey

Quote from: T00ts post_id=26947 time=1590843673 user_id=54
Gossip is that it's on it way with the new software.

T00ts

Quote from: DeppityDawg post_id=26955 time=1590844032 user_id=50
You old gossip you  :lol:

Let's have less of the 'old' shall we?   :kikass:  :X:

T00ts

I took care to ensure I mentioned the role of women in our young lives. Kind of that acknowledgement that, really, it was the women that kept those families together, provided the emotional support and the stake in the ground. Without their care and love, many of us would have been immeasurably worse off. Just to show you that, I'm not always the sexist you may sometimes think I am. I was always my mums son  ;)

I have found this thread really interesting. I certainly relate to a lot of what you mention and what strikes me is the difference to how reactions were then and now. I can't speak for anyone else because everyone's experiences are so different. My parents worked their socks off to give me a better life. They succeeded to the extent that in my time I worked to improve myself and my kids. One of my daughters married well, but got there by her own efforts through her education and achievements. My grandson will now go to Eton in September - virus permitting, not just because they can afford it but actually by passing pretty tough exams against lots of competition both at home and abroad.  So in a sense I feel I have seen it from all sides.

I have mixed with a number of the aristocracy - not royalty - and they are just like everyone else some are likeable some are hard to take, but one thing is common among them. They see themselves as custodians for their lifetime. They don't 'own' anything - they are quite often property rich but cash poor. They take care of it until it can pass down. One that I am currently in touch with employs over 400 people and he is really worried for them and their futures. If he goes down he will survive but they won't and it stops him sleeping at night. I worry that those who look down at those considered hard up see them as a charity case rather than seeing a chance to lift them up through teaching them how to fish instead of just giving them handouts. A lady I knew years ago always said never look down on someone unless you are looking to lift them up. Today we try to lift them by making it easier by down grading education for example. We don't expect them to get the grades really necessary to properly survive and make their mark in life. We make it easy, it doesn't work, the jobs are not there so the respect for the system is lost. We build them up to expect great things, they think they achieve it to find in the end that they have been cheated. Go to university take a mickey mouse course and end up stacking shelves. What is that really worth to them?

I often wonder if those advocating Communism would be happy in the fields or assume they would be in the ruling classes. There will always be class, it is not dictated by possessions but by character. The poorest person can have real class - it is a state of mind, of being, and I have met enough nouvaux riche who have absolutely no class at all. What is missing today is respect. A man is worthy of his hire no matter what he does. If one man's intellect is such that he can be a judge while another's allows him to be a cabbie/refuse collector/teacher/doctor all should be equally respected as a person but not expected to be equal. That's not fair on anyone.

Thomas

I took care to ensure I mentioned the role of women in our young lives. Kind of that acknowledgement that, really, it was the women that kept those families together, provided the emotional support and the stake in the ground. Without their care and love, many of us would have been immeasurably worse off. Just to show you that, I'm not always the sexist you may sometimes think I am. I was always my mums son  ;)

Well when i was growing up in the eighties , i wanted to mention the role women played in my life.

While boycies great gandad was lecturing us on idealism and materialsim , and i got my first copy of "das kapital" , we were more interested in humping girls getting pissed and going to concerts than the wonders of communism im afraid.

if it wasnt for the wonders of female charm , i might have become one of boyceys fellow politburo members , instead , debauchery won the day.

Such is the sad tale of the endevaours of communism in uk life and its failure to reach the ordinary people.
I was always my mums son

My maw was a five foot tall walking volcano , and my sister and female family members all absolutely crazy , so much so we grew up knowing our place in glaswegian society. 8-)

QuoteWithout their care and love, many of us would have been immeasurably worse off.

without a doubt.

My wife and I had a huge row last night. She called me gullible and said I was "financially irresponsible".

I can't wait to see her face when I tell her I've just won the Nigerian lottery!
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

DeppityDawg

Thomas

brilliant news.( almost as good as the news the  brit left havent laid a glove on cummings.... :lol: )

T00ts

Quote from: Thomas post_id=26924 time=1590840966 user_id=58
Pity we dont have a like button.

Thomas

Quote from: DeppityDawg post_id=26931 time=1590841705 user_id=50
Absolutely right - its become almost the "badge" of honour among the Labour intelligentsia to claim they are the protectors of our "interests", when hardly any of them even come from a working class background anymore. They have no idea what our "interests" even are. "Oh, give them some more benefits, they'll be ok". Give us respect, not pity and condescension.

How many times have the same people (you know who they are) told you that "Independence is not in your best economic interests"? How many times has the same argument been used about "Brexit"? Here we are, on the verge of the biggest potential financial crises in living memory, and these very same people are the ones who claim "economic" considerations (which btw, won't affect them nearly as much) are not important now?

Exactly deppity.

Its a long running joke in scotland about labour keeping us fed on a diet of drink and drugs with promises of a better life under labour rule while they sauntered down to london and forgot about us till the next election. All the while the corrupt labour mafioso brought scotland down into the gutter  , while lecturing us about how we should think and feel on different topics.

Scotland feels like a drug addict awoken from a long coma after kicking those labour barstewards out of power , as im sure the english north will eventually too.

Look at the immigration argument i had with that other "labour hating lefty  :roll: " dynorod the other day to see thier attitude in action. All these years on  ,and despite the english publics anger over it , he is still trying to justify tony blairs mass immigration policy  "as a good thing " wether the public wanted it or not.

This exactly is your argument highlighted finely.

They refuse to own their mistakes and learn their lessons , its the stupid working class that dont know that the brit left is good for them  , wether they want it or not , and somehow we must all be made to accept their shitty world view and told whats good for us from their perspective.

The idea as well the english public are going to vote in starmer , a man who spent 4 years trying to anti democratically deny what the majority voted for by any means possible is laughable.

These cants never learn , but it is fun pointing out their hypocrisy time and gain as you have done here with javert and his moans.