Elitism, clarse and all that...

Started by DeppityDawg, May 28, 2020, 11:40:02 AM

« previous - next »

cromwell

Quote from: DeppityDawg post_id=27766 time=1591268109 user_id=50
Hmm. I'm just going through my list of "what have I managed to achieve this week?"

Well, I've managed to piss Cromwell off, but no change there then  :lol:
Hmmm must try harder :-P  :-P

What you haven't done is

1)Mentioned hand wringing liberals (like me apparently)

2) Wanting to shoe some poor sod

3)call me Ken Clarke

4)paint the shed

5)get the beer in

:-P  :-P  :-P  :-P
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

cromwell

Quote from: Barry post_id=27797 time=1591287665 user_id=51
I got one from LIDL today and it took 90 minutes and a degree in mechanical engineering to assemble it.

https://i.ibb.co/XSswY1Q/20200604-171438.jpg">

Yeah had some of that,instructions translated from Chinese to Welsh to Hindi then to Inuit back to Chinese and finally pidgin English,all totally useless and so I usually throw them in the bin......after a lot of head scratching swearing usually works out OK.  :lol:
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Borg Refinery

Quote from: DeppityDawg post_id=27741 time=1591260366 user_id=50
I don't think anyone seriously believes its a big problem. But that isn't the point. The point is that liberal lefties will always rush to "deny" things like this, as if their lives depended on it, an extension of what I've already said. The "working clarse" is some kind of poor mass of humanity that needs to be saved, so to acknowledge the existence of anyone who isn't a victim is not in the script. I can think of one family for example - the "father" (loose term) has some kind of disability. I think its called "being a lazy fat c**t" which he needs a stick for. Though he seems to be able to get around perfectly well without a stick when it suits him. He's the kind of bloke who wears trainers, but couldn't run 50 yards, yet he's perfectly capable of humping a tonne in bags of sand onto a van at B&Q. The oldest son is currently inside. To say the younger one has never worked might not be strictly true - whether he's worked AND paid any tax and national insurance might be the better question. The daughter has 2 kids to different fathers and doesn't work. That's not to say this is "common", but to one degree or another, there are plenty of others. Just mix and match from any of the above + a few others like "boyfriend is a drug dealer" or "got done for insurance fraud". The point isn't that "oh yeah, but its only 7 families like that in the whole of the UK, and the whole of christendom even". Those of us who grew up on large council estates know these people exist - the kind of people that Owen Jones says we've been turned into - its that they do exists that disproves the "we are all victims" bullshit. We aren't all victims.

Ok, but you say "I don't think anyone seriously believes its a big problem", but you noticed wiggles right? There's plenty like him and the govt wants as many people like that on its side as possible.

Look at Priti Patel saying white brits are some of the worst idlers in the world, should be like feckin singaporeans in a 24/7 police state working until you die from exhaustion. That's the level of political debate now.

QuoteSure. The erosion of employment protections, zero hours contracts, employers who evade responsible practices, its all there. I'm not defending any of that by saying you can get out of it - sometimes, employers are just looking for decent employees too, and to deny that there aren't any piss poor, negligent or "couldn't give a sh*t" employees who just turn up and expect to be paid for being a waste of space isn't doing anyone any favours. We've recently had to get rid of someone for serious theft. Its not always the "employer" who is in the wrong, and they don't owe us a living just for turning up

All true, but again the govt and people like wiggles want to say that all young people are thick, useless, lazy etc and that really is their agenda right now. Note that I haven't downplayed or denied a single word you've said in either of your points.

QuoteCollusion? You'll not get many who were over there to talk about that. In the end, no matter what either side says, conflict is a shitty business. We weren't there to read anyone bedtime stories. Most of us were young – I was only 19 when they first sent me there – I doubt any of us would even have known who William of Orange was. We had a job to do and we did it.

That's an interesting one. I guess people in both the UDA & IRA would say "no one is innocent (the famous motto) -- everyone is responsible and ignorance is no excuse", which is ironic coming from the likes of the UDA but... I don't agree with their motto. I suppose you do the best with the info you've got at the time, like I said I do think that that aspect of our history is pretty shameful though, and many terrible things occurred such as innocent people framed as collaboraters (on all sides) and horribly murdered.

QuoteBrexit I think became the tipping point for many working class voters - I voted remain but I accepted the democratic vote. But what then transpired in the name of "democracy" only cemented most working class peoples dismay with how they were being represented. For better or worse, I think the working class largely voted to leave, while the bulk of the parliamentary parties were remain, even the Tories being far from Brexit majority. It was UKIP that broke the conservatives. If they wanted to stay in power, they had to win that fight. The rest is history as they say.

I guess you're right.
+++

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry post_id=27797 time=1591287665 user_id=51
I got one from LIDL today and it took 90 minutes and a degree in mechanical engineering to assemble it.

That is far too much technology, one made of wood when you need one is far simpler:-

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Javert post_id=27795 time=1591287370 user_id=64
OK but can you give 3 (or even 1) example of a specific policy that if the government implemented tomorrow, you would know they cared about your people, or manifesto policies that you would consider as caring about those people?

Really Javert?

How about some real subsidies for poor northefn towns (you are from Manchester right) to fix the imbalance, where they get feck all and London & the SE gets everything - I live in the SE but I see this clear as day. Why not put real effort into revitalizing the north? The northern powerhouse bs was a lie by Osbourne as you well know, and Labour completely abandoned them. They should be allocated resources fairly and we all know they aren't.

That is the most obvious thing I can think of.

Perhaps next, they could actually acknowledge that white working class kids have been abandoned by everyone. Rhetoric goes a long way sometimes.

Then perhaps, they could actually install politicians who listen to what people are saying, I don't say they should do everything anyone says, but they HAVE to listen otherwise they have no business being a politician.

My MP's (SallyAnnHart - under investigation for anti-semitism, islamophobia & anti-disabled comments, parachuted inn- ironically - from tyne & wear where she was privately educated) terse reply to my complaint about Cummings just proves that their ears are covered and they're singing lalala I'm not listening.
+++

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=27772 time=1591274835 user_id=89
At least that one does not show that, the lady has many videos on YouTube and I am surprised there is any forest left around her house.

Those "hippy" "rocket" cookers are a different design.

https://i.ibb.co/XSswY1Q/20200604-171438.jpg">
† The end is nigh †

Javert

Quote from: DeppityDawg post_id=27756 time=1591264095 user_id=50
I've already told you why I won't vote Labour anymore which answers that, but clearly you either didn't read it or didn't get it.

For the moment, there isn't a single political party I would willingly vote for....except maybe some kind of Trotskyist/Leninist party who I understand put the elitist intelligentsia up against the wall.... :roll:

OK but can you give 3 (or even 1) example of a specific policy that if the government implemented tomorrow, you would know they cared about your people, or manifesto policies that you would consider as caring about those people?

T00ts

Hmm. I'm just going through my list of "what have I managed to achieve this week?"

Toots is talking to me again...for the moment anyway

I don't always talk but I do read the threads. There is no point talking if I haven't anything different to say. Anyway I have been busy plastering. The most awkward plastering job ever. I don't know how a big bloke would have got in there to do it. Not easy! At least I clean up after myself.

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester post_id=27770 time=1591273853 user_id=62
I like it and have built one of those rocket stoves that us right on hippy types are so keen on. The only trouble is that despite all the videos showing them cooking a whole ox by burning up a couple of twigs, the bloody things seem to gobble up firewood.

At least that one does not show that, the lady has many videos on YouTube and I am surprised there is any forest left around her house.

Those "hippy" "rocket" cookers are a different design.

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=27767 time=1591268506 user_id=89
No you haven't. Both sheds are full up, as is the garage.

I have been thinking of building an outside cooker like the one in this video:-

I like it and have built one of those rocket stoves that us right on hippy types are so keen on. The only trouble is that despite all the videos showing them cooking a whole ox by burning up a couple of twigs, the bloody things seem to gobble up firewood.
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

And I've fecked that blue **** with the beard off to his shed...

No you haven't. Both sheds are full up, as is the garage.

I have been thinking of building an outside cooker like the one in this video:-

DeppityDawg

Quote from: Borchester post_id=27760 time=1591266056 user_id=62
Actually, that is me. Know what I mean, ducking and weaving, making a dollar.. :D

Well, I've managed to piss Cromwell off, but no change there then  :lol:

Toots is talking to me again...for the moment anyway

Captain Dynamic is still not convinced that I'm not Mussolini

Javert hasn't managed to save me from myself yet

And I've fecked that blue **** with the beard off to his shed...

...I'm bored...what can I do now?  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Borchester

Quote from: DeppityDawg post_id=27759 time=1591264933 user_id=50

fast forward to 2.15 and listen to all the old UK working class/estuary and regional accents in the close peice   :cry:

Actually, that is me. Know what I mean, ducking and weaving, making a dollar.. :D
Algerie Francais !

DeppityDawg

Quote from: T00ts post_id=27757 time=1591264122 user_id=54
I am reminded of this little song

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

This one is more up Javert and his side kick Beelelzebub street - fast forward to 2.15 and listen to all the old UK working class/estuary and regional accents in the close peice   :cry:

"...they dont want your name..."  

T00ts

I am reminded of this little song