Main Menu

All out?

Started by T00ts, May 29, 2020, 10:02:14 AM

« previous - next »

T00ts

Quote from: Borchester post_id=27176 time=1590926136 user_id=62
The best cure for most things Toots, is sunshine and a good time. So get dressed because we are sending Deppity to see you in a motor laden with draught beer and dishonourable intentions.When he arrives you may well think that an extra few months in quarantine might be the better option, but there you are. Just be careful what you wish for in future.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Borchester

Quote from: T00ts post_id=26725 time=1590742934 user_id=54
With all the drum banging over the prospect of social release on Monday I haven't heard anything about the vulnerable. Visiting elderly parents is apparently ok, in the garden 6ft apart but does that include me? I don't think so. My last communication was 12 weeks in the house, that has another week or so to run by my calculations. Have I missed anything?

The best cure for most things Toots, is sunshine and a good time. So get dressed because we are sending Deppity to see you in a motor laden with draught beer and dishonourable intentions.When he arrives you may well think that an extra few months in quarantine might be the better option, but there you are. Just be careful what you wish for in future.
Algerie Francais !

B0ycey

Quote from: cromwell post_id=27165 time=1590917012 user_id=48
All only as naive as belief you can reform the eu and why would the chance of Westminster reform be less outside th eu?

The UK. The most undemocratic democracy in the Western world!

Indeed.

Why would unelected bureaucrats in the red chamber volunteers to give up their weekly "do F@@@ all" payments?

cromwell

Quote from: Javert post_id=26818 time=1590770891 user_id=64
To me the connecting point is that just in my opinion, the chances of getting Westminster to reform are even less than the EU.  This is where I was a bit surprised because to me it seems pretty implausible that there is even the slightest chance of Westminster reform happening, and even less chance when we are not in the EU.

Also, I don't necessarily see the connection - even in the EU, a large portion of our decisions were taken by Westminster directly and there was nothing stopping that from being reformed e.g. I think you mentioned PR - well many of the EU countries already have PR so they are hardly going to try to stop the UK from having PR.  However the two UK main parties will stop at nothing to prevent PR from being introduced.

Therefore with all due respect that seemed like a bit of a naive position, and therefore this puts into context why you seem surprised that the UK government is behaving like a banana republic, whereas to me it's not a surprise at all - in fact we've been telling you that Boris Johnson was a lying charlatan con man and many of his associates were lying scumbags for years, but because they wanted Brexit, it didn't compute with many.

And now, weirdly illogically, the ones that were telling you for years what they were like, having now been proved correct, are told - well, you can't say that anymore because you are biased as you said that all along!     :|

All only as naive as belief you can reform the eu and why would the chance of Westminster reform be less outside th eu?

As to this
QuoteAnd now, weirdly illogically, the ones that were telling you for years what they were like, having now been proved correct, are told - well, you can't say that anymore because you are biased as you said that all along!     :|

As wierdly illogical as predicting the certain economic catastrophe without real knowledge
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Javert

Quote from: cromwell post_id=26814 time=1590764867 user_id=48
OK but on another thread and many times over what I actually have said is......reform of the eu is nigh on impossible whereas reform of westminster though hard and not rapid is possible.

I get what DD says now. :roll:

To me the connecting point is that just in my opinion, the chances of getting Westminster to reform are even less than the EU.  This is where I was a bit surprised because to me it seems pretty implausible that there is even the slightest chance of Westminster reform happening, and even less chance when we are not in the EU.

Also, I don't necessarily see the connection - even in the EU, a large portion of our decisions were taken by Westminster directly and there was nothing stopping that from being reformed e.g. I think you mentioned PR - well many of the EU countries already have PR so they are hardly going to try to stop the UK from having PR.  However the two UK main parties will stop at nothing to prevent PR from being introduced.

Therefore with all due respect that seemed like a bit of a naive position, and therefore this puts into context why you seem surprised that the UK government is behaving like a banana republic, whereas to me it's not a surprise at all - in fact we've been telling you that Boris Johnson was a lying charlatan con man and many of his associates were lying scumbags for years, but because they wanted Brexit, it didn't compute with many.

And now, weirdly illogically, the ones that were telling you for years what they were like, having now been proved correct, are told - well, you can't say that anymore because you are biased as you said that all along!     :|

cromwell

Quote from: DeppityDawg post_id=26816 time=1590770051 user_id=50
Javert just lives in a different reality to us scabby mortals, where what people wrote bears little resemblance to how Javert interpreted it

Cromwell: I support Citeh

Javert: You said you were a football hooligan

And 70 now so that makes me a septuagenarian hooligan :o

DeppityDawg

Quote from: cromwell post_id=26814 time=1590764867 user_id=48
OK but on another thread and many times over what I actually have said is......reform of the eu is nigh on impossible whereas reform of westminster though hard and not rapid is possible.

Javert just lives in a different reality to us scabby mortals, where what people wrote bears little resemblance to how Javert interpreted it

Cromwell: I support Citeh

Javert: You said you were a football hooligan

cromwell

Quote from: Javert post_id=26804 time=1590762513 user_id=64
OK but on another thread last week you seemed confident that political reform was on the way and it was only the EU who had been stopping it all along?

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=26809 time=1590763525 user_id=89
That is only a hope, not certain knowledge. SOME viruses are killed by Sunlight (Foot and mouth being one.) But not others.

I know but take hope away and we all end up.........

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts post_id=26805 time=1590762536 user_id=54
 the summer sun will cause the virus to weaken.

That is only a hope, not certain knowledge. SOME viruses are killed by Sunlight (Foot and mouth being one.) But not others.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

T00ts

Quote from: Javert post_id=26804 time=1590762513 user_id=64
OK but on another thread last week you seemed confident that political reform was on the way and it was only the EU who had been stopping it all along?

A week is a long time in politics!

T00ts

Quote from: cromwell post_id=26799 time=1590761411 user_id=48
Bloody disbelief at this and other things (Cummings) and how this is all being  wound down (don't get me wrong I realise the economy needs to start up again) but it's as though the whole thing has been a waste of time and confusion reigns,also the tactics of shutting down questions seems very trump like.

At this moment I could care less about brexit,Boris is going on the same trust scale for me as starmer and the lib dems,stuff the lot of them.

Go and lie down in a cool place - maybe the lock down is finally getting to you.  :hattip  I am not surprised. BJ's ratings fell like a stone. Panic has taken root in No 10 because no matter what they do they cannot please anyone. We can all see that unless we are very careful the numbers are going to rise again and let's face it without a vaccine we are still relying on herd immunity. They lost the plot the first time because they couldn't control it. They are having another go.

I have a nasty feeling that we have all been pawns in a very large experiment. The government are hoping that we are intelligent or fit enough to regulate ourselves or at worst cope and that the summer sun will cause the virus to weaken. Only time will tell. I think Whitehall needs to lie down in a darkened place but if nothing else many of them need a weekend off.

Javert

Quote from: cromwell post_id=26799 time=1590761411 user_id=48
Bloody disbelief at this and other things (Cummings) and how this is all being  wound down (don't get me wrong I realise the economy needs to start up again) but it's as though the whole thing has been a waste of time and confusion reigns,also the tactics of shutting down questions seems very trump like.

At this moment I could care less about brexit,Boris is going on the same trust scale for me as starmer and the lib dems,stuff the lot of them.

cromwell

Quote from: Nalaar post_id=26784 time=1590757590 user_id=99
It would seem that a number of people have received legitimate text messages to advise them that they are no longer in the shielding group.

No explanation of why etc has been given.

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts post_id=26796 time=1590760612 user_id=54
Do you mean that ever since we were deemed vulnerable people have been sitting back expecting the taxpayer to provide for ever?.

No, the food parcels are for people who need them and still do. Yet another Tory scandal. No discussion, no announcement, not letter or communication from peoples GP, just a text message the majority of people thought was a scam or a hoax.

With no advice on other forms of help, and no wherewithal to collect supplies (if they wisely ignore the government's claims and continue to shield at home), what are these people going to do?
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe