Main Menu

All out?

Started by T00ts, May 29, 2020, 10:02:14 AM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: "Hyperduck Quack Quack" post_id=26738 time=1590746210 user_id=103
Shielding is advisory,

Not according to the tone of the letter I got from the local GP practice.  (They are renowned or the terse letters they send out they are more like court orders or subpoenas.)
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Hyperduck Quack Quack

Shielding is advisory, for the benefit of the individual concerned. Shielded people are allowed to do what anyone else is, though it's still in their best interests to self-isolate. But then it's still in everyone's interest to self-isolate.

QuoteIt is the Tories fault.

I calculate it's between 50% and 75% the Tories' fault. Britain would have been hit by covid-19 whatever sort of government we had. We have to estimate what the statistics would have been if our government had adopted 'best practice' based on what was apparent in the early weeks of the pandemic. If everyone entering the country had been tested and/or quarantined and lockdown had been introduced 2 weeks earlier than it was, a lot pf people would be alive today who have died and a lot of suffering would have been avoided.

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts post_id=26734 time=1590745799 user_id=54
Ooooooh there you go again! You are as bad as Pappy - everything is the Tory's fault.

It is the Tories fault.

papasmurf

Quote from: B0ycey post_id=26733 time=1590745549 user_id=116
If that is true, I guess you aren't seeing the outdoors until a vaccine T00ts. Although I am sure that is just advice and not official. Either way, that's Tory clarity for you.

The two letters I got were very specific 12 weeks lock down, and it appears that many be being extended from what was stated at the daily lies and propaganda lecture by Bojo The Clown yesterday.

Personally I can't see any way of me doing any travelling outside safely. Public bogs, (if open,) are often the only running water is your own.

The there is the all too often accurate graffiti, "it is no good standing on the seat, the crabs in here can jump ten feet." That assumes there is a seat.

If there is running water to wash your hands most of the time there is no soap and the hand driers are broken.

T00ts

Quote from: B0ycey post_id=26733 time=1590745549 user_id=116
If that is true, I guess you aren't seeing the outdoors until a vaccine T00ts. Although I am sure that is just advice and not official. Either way, that's Tory clarity for you.

Ooooooh there you go again! You are as bad as Pappy - everything is the Tory's fault. I should think Corbyn (who by the way is over 70 and was photographed in close contact in the park with a stranger for a photo op - looking like an idiot) would have been so good in the crisis, and Kier Starmer must be on his knees every night thanking God that he isn't in the hot seat at this time.

B0ycey

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=26730 time=1590745219 user_id=89
It does NOT include everyone. The 1.5 million  people who were asked to stay in lockdown shielded  in their homes still are in lockdown.

T00ts

Quote from: B0ycey post_id=26729 time=1590744868 user_id=116
It includes everyone. But just on the safe side if anyone asks just say your visit has something to do with your eyesight or childcare and you'll be OK.

:kikass:  :kikass:  :dncg:

papasmurf

Quote from: B0ycey post_id=26729 time=1590744868 user_id=116
It includes everyone. But just on the safe side if anyone asks just say your visit has something to do with your eyesight or childcare and you'll be OK.

It does NOT include everyone. The 1.5 million  people who were asked to stay in lockdown shielded  in their homes still are in lockdown.

B0ycey

Quote from: T00ts post_id=26725 time=1590742934 user_id=54
With all the drum banging over the prospect of social release on Monday I haven't heard anything about the vulnerable. Visiting elderly parents is apparently ok, in the garden 6ft apart but does that include me? I don't think so. My last communication was 12 weeks in the house, that has another week or so to run by my calculations. Have I missed anything?

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts post_id=26725 time=1590742934 user_id=54
With all the drum banging over the prospect of social release on Monday I haven't heard anything about the vulnerable.

It is a Tory government what else do you expect?

T00ts

With all the drum banging over the prospect of social release on Monday I haven't heard anything about the vulnerable. Visiting elderly parents is apparently ok, in the garden 6ft apart but does that include me? I don't think so. My last communication was 12 weeks in the house, that has another week or so to run by my calculations. Have I missed anything?