For the Destroy-It-Yourselvers on the forum.

Started by papasmurf, May 29, 2020, 12:25:38 PM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=27453 time=1591098491 user_id=89
Both of my sheds have withstood several storms gusting to Beaufort 10 without any damage at all.

My memory of time is failing but I'm sure it was in the last 18 months we had something of that force blast through our garden. I was stunned to find not one of our fence panels out of place and all outbuildings, aerials and garden fittings intact because I now had lots of scrap wood on the lawn that clearly used to be three different sheds. I have sod all idea where it all came from, other than it blew in from the driveway of a neighbours house and cleared a six foot fence and came in a gap between two thirty five foot high Leylandii taken as seedlings from trees in her parents and great aunts places respectively
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=27428 time=1591082501 user_id=89
Destroy-It-Yourselfers usually means people who end up in the Accident and Emergency having cut bits off themselves, or wreck something.

My favourite though was the man who purchased the ancient brick and flint cottage in Buckinghamshire and thought the internal bread oven was taking up too much space. He proceeded to attack it with a sledge hammer, not realising the gable end with the fire place chimney stack and built in bread oven are the only things holding the cottage up.  He nearly but not quite got a Darwin award when the cottage collapsed on top of him.

Yeah, well maybe you have a point.

It was lovely to watch the old boy, but I am glad that B&Q is nearby and that I can afford one of their £4 expanding rakes. And at Tech College my masterwork was a post drill. The kids think that silly as I look and act, there must be something to me if I managed to knock that up. But to my way of thinking you can't beat a DeWalt cordless.

Anyway Pappy, once again, a great post
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Dynamis post_id=27449 time=1591098106 user_id=98
..Kind of like your shed then.

Both of my sheds have withstood several storms gusting to Beaufort 10 without any damage at all.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borg Refinery

+++

papasmurf

Quote from: "Hyperduck Quack Quack" post_id=27426 time=1591081741 user_id=103
From the title of this thread I thought it was going to relate to the attitudes of some of the more outrageous people on here!

Destroy-It-Yourselfers usually means people who end up in the Accident and Emergency having cut bits off themselves, or wreck something.

My favourite though was the man who purchased the ancient brick and flint cottage in Buckinghamshire and thought the internal bread oven was taking up too much space. He proceeded to attack it with a sledge hammer, not realising the gable end with the fire place chimney stack and built in bread oven are the only things holding the cottage up.  He nearly but not quite got a Darwin award when the cottage collapsed on top of him.

Hyperduck Quack Quack

From the title of this thread I thought it was going to relate to the attitudes of some of the more outrageous people on here!

johnofgwent

Well, I just dug up three sodding bamboo plants that were having a whale of a time in my garden...
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=26756 time=1590751538 user_id=89
Just one problem no bamboo where I live:-

Oh for the simple life!

papasmurf

Quote from: Dynamis post_id=26774 time=1590755327 user_id=98
Try hong kong scaffolding -

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QqUS4JGbb3I">https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QqUS4JGbb3I

Already seen that, they appear to be able to go up to 1000feet with that.

Borg Refinery

Try hong kong scaffolding -

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QqUS4JGbb3I">https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QqUS4JGbb3I
+++

papasmurf

Just one problem no bamboo where I live:-