Coronavirus infection rate is still too high

Started by patman post, May 29, 2020, 02:38:42 PM

« previous - next »

Borchester

Quote from: T00ts post_id=27187 time=1590927860 user_id=54
My hope is that those out and about and appearing to be taking risk do so safe in the certainty that they have already had it quietly at home.

Not much chance of that Toots. We Peking Pox Deniers are too self centred to act responsibly.

Last night I came back from my allotment with a friend. She is nearly blind and only one of my legs works properly. And I had just spent the afternoon mowing some very dry grass. So we stumbled onto the bus coughing and spluttering and sneezing and suddenly we are in the front and everyone else was cowering in the back. I was about to point out that it was old age and hayfever that was causing the fuss and not the Chinese Cold, but then I thought sod it, let us just enjoy the show.  :D
Algerie Francais !

Borchester

Quote from: Javert post_id=27189 time=1590928500 user_id=64
Maybe they should put you on the daily press conference then.  Don't forget to bring your powerpoint slide with your graphs on it.

I was rather thinking of having one of those Stay Calm And Carry On posters. You could stand underneath piddling down your leg in fear of something or other and everyone else could take photos.  :D
Algerie Francais !

Javert

Quote from: Borchester post_id=27181 time=1590926917 user_id=62
I am not assuming Jack sh*t Jankers. As I pointed out, most of the data that we have on this bug is crap and the rest is worse. From the very limited information available I reckon that this foolishness will settle down by the end of June, but I can't be certain.The only thing I can be certain of is that whatever happens you will find something else to worry on.  :D

Maybe they should put you on the daily press conference then.  Don't forget to bring your powerpoint slide with your graphs on it.

T00ts

Quote from: Borchester post_id=27181 time=1590926917 user_id=62
I am not assuming Jack sh*t Jankers. As I pointed out, most of the data that we have on this bug is crap and the rest is worse. From the very limited information available I reckon that this foolishness will settle down by the end of June, but I can't be certain.The only thing I can be certain of is that whatever happens you will find something else to worry on.  :D

My hope is that those out and about and appearing to be taking risk do so safe in the certainty that they have already had it quietly at home.

Borchester

Quote from: Javert post_id=27174 time=1590926051 user_id=64
What is your data assumption that means that the cases won't start going up again?

Are you assuming that a lot higher percentage of the global population have already had this than what we thought?

Are you assuming that it's less infectious than scientists claim (and if so how do you explain that we are still having 8000 cases every day)?

If not what are you assuming?  Maybe that since you seem to think this is just like the flu, we will continue to get hundreds of deaths per day from it but it won't be newsworthy any more?

I am not assuming Jack shit Jankers. As I pointed out, most of the data that we have on this bug is crap and the rest is worse. From the very limited information available I reckon that this foolishness will settle down by the end of June, but I can't be certain.The only thing I can be certain of is that whatever happens you will find something else to worry on.  :D
Algerie Francais !

Javert

Quote from: Borchester post_id=26937 time=1590842507 user_id=62
Maybe Javert, but probably not.

As far as I can see the only scientific certainty we have is that most of our data is crap and the rest is pretty suss.

I have taken a morbid delight in charting the casualty rates for the Peking Pox and reckon that it will be more or less over by the the middle to end of June. For your sake I hope there is another outbreak of the Chines Cough later in the year because you strike me as a born worry guts who likes to have something to fester over. As for the rest of us, it is only the flu and there are more important things to worry on.

What is your data assumption that means that the cases won't start going up again?

Are you assuming that a lot higher percentage of the global population have already had this than what we thought?

Are you assuming that it's less infectious than scientists claim (and if so how do you explain that we are still having 8000 cases every day)?

If not what are you assuming?  Maybe that since you seem to think this is just like the flu, we will continue to get hundreds of deaths per day from it but it won't be newsworthy any more?

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=26968 time=1590846567 user_id=89
Weston-Super-Mare is in Somerset. Most of the people I know would not go to Weston-Super-Mare for a bet.

Good. That`ll help stop the peking pox spreading and ensure we all end this stupid feckin lockdown and get out for a pint and a haircut and back to normality.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry post_id=26964 time=1590846017 user_id=51
Probably because people in Devon and Cornwall can't follow instructions.

Obviously the rest of the country is better at this.

Weston-Super-Mare is in Somerset. Most of the people I know would not go to Weston-Super-Mare for a bet.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Thomas

Quote from: Barry post_id=26964 time=1590846017 user_id=51

This is all you are going to hear for a while now. As soon as the infection rate rises by one , the ususal suspects will be screaming for total worldwide lockdown in amongst trying to stir up mass hysteria.

In areas where the children cant observe simple instructions , they should be lock downed while the rest of us adults are allowed out for a pint and a hair cut.

To be quite frank barry i think the vast majority of folk are bored shitless with all this crap now. If my wife doesnt get out to go shopping pretty soon , i suspect someone  is going to be murdered pretty shortly. :roll:

Barry

† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Looks like Weston-Super-Mare could be the start of the spike in Covid-19:-

More at link:-

https://www.cornwalllive.com/news/cornwall-news/south-west-highest-coronavirus-infection-4177659">https://www.cornwalllive.com/news/cornw ... on-4177659">https://www.cornwalllive.com/news/cornwall-news/south-west-highest-coronavirus-infection-4177659

11:26, 30 MAY 2020

The South West has the highest coronavirus 'R rate' in the UK

There are warnings that new restrictions could be needed

An 'R' number for each region in the UK has been revealed for the first time - and the South West has the highest.

The number, also known as 'reproduction rate', represents the coronavirus infection rate. If it goes above 1, new restrictions and tougher social distancing measures could be needed.

The South West is estimated to have the highest infection rate with 0.9. The North East and East Midlands are thought to have the next highest, followed by the North West.

However it is thought to be the highest because of a recent rise in cases in the Bristol and Weston-super-Mare areas.

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borchester

Quote from: Thomas post_id=26938 time=1590842720 user_id=58
Borkie , i am feckin choking fur a pint and a haircut. :roll:  :lol:

:D
Algerie Francais !

Thomas

Quote from: Borchester post_id=26937 time=1590842507 user_id=62
As for the rest of us, it is only the flu and there are more important things to worry on.

Borkie , i am feckin choking fur a pint and a haircut. :roll:  :lol:

Borchester

Quote from: Javert post_id=26891 time=1590834609 user_id=64
Your estimates assume that the whole thing will burn out and that there won't be a second increase.  That's what everyone obviously hopes, but if the virus is still circulating and we increase the number of social contacts too much, it's scientifically certain that cases will start going up again.

Maybe Javert, but probably not.

As far as I can see the only scientific certainty we have is that most of our data is crap and the rest is pretty suss.

I have taken a morbid delight in charting the casualty rates for the Peking Pox and reckon that it will be more or less over by the the middle to end of June. For your sake I hope there is another outbreak of the Chines Cough later in the year because you strike me as a born worry guts who likes to have something to fester over. As for the rest of us, it is only the flu and there are more important things to worry on.
Algerie Francais !

Javert

Quote from: Borchester post_id=26827 time=1590777545 user_id=62
My original estimate was burn out by 13 June with less than 400 deaths between 14-20 June (dates inclusive). But cottontops are spiteful old sods and have recently increased their death rate. So now I reckon we won't see this Peking Pox settle down until 23 June.

Lucky no one took me up on the bet about the fox food  :D  :D

Your estimates assume that the whole thing will burn out and that there won't be a second increase.  That's what everyone obviously hopes, but if the virus is still circulating and we increase the number of social contacts too much, it's scientifically certain that cases will start going up again.