George Floyd Riots

Started by B0ycey, May 30, 2020, 01:19:30 PM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: Borchester post_id=28170 time=1591472530 user_id=62

I like Javert, but sometimes I wonder if he and his friends know how to have fun  :D

:lol:
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

Quote from: Dynamis post_id=28169 time=1591471686 user_id=98
I didn't say you did, I was referring to glasgow where you said you lived now. You mentioned growing up somewhere away from trident if my memory serves..

Sorry whats your point?

I grew up in the tenements and council estates of govan  and paisley.(i made a sarcastic reference to being only 30 miles from the nuclear submarines).

I dont live there anymore , and havent done for 25 years. I live in a village on the edge of the greater urban area. So when you said this...

Quote from: Dynamis post_id=28165 time=1591470379 user_id=98
Ok but would you say you've noticed things improve where you live? The stats suggest such.

Regarding things in my area improving , i thought you believed i still lived on a council estate. There is nothing in the stats to show my village has needed improving , as it has never ever been part of an inner city sink council estate.

QuoteA good point.

It is , when you take the wider point of the discussion into context that the poor white popualtion of various areas of greater glasgow and west scotland have suffered just as much from inequality , discrimination ( of a different sort) and all the other stuff the liberal left are constantly bleating about black americans.

QuoteGlasgow is 88.3% white, sure you don't have firearms, but most of the western world faces similar types of problems, I think we can compare ourselves to others.

Sorry i dont understand your point?

We are comparing the differences between what the american and scottish police forces have to deal with.

Scotland is 98% white , America is only 60% non hispanic white. Glasgow is 88.3% white , where american cities like detroit in michigan are 83% black.

The vast majority of Glasgows non white popualtion are asian , and the asian group dont disproportionately commit crime unlike thier black american counterparts. Black americans rightly or wrongly make up 40% of the yank prison population while in scotland our prison popualtion is lucky if it has 4% non white in total.

The scottish police dont have to trawl through scotlands non white asian population because they disproportionately commit crime , while the yank cops have to deal with this in america , and constantly get screamed racist at for doing so wether they are racist or not.

You can compare any country you like , but differing countries face differing issues , and the point im making as wel is its yet again not only the black community in america for example or london who face massive issues or discrimination , yet as deppity and myself as well as others point out , you rarely hear any of this from the trendy middle class liberals getting all warm and cosy apologising for black victimhood.( wether it exists or not)
Moving over to England, there are plenty of firearms toting officers in London these days, lots of complaints by black people of unfair treatment like in America etc.

Prejudice and unfair treatment happen everywhere , not just on black americans or londoners.

What i will say is one of the most racist individuals on this forum and our old one is that patman post character. Deppity dawg and myself again , have long called him out over his thinly veiled anti white racism and derogatory anti white comments on for example differing nationalities and groups within the uk shows that racism is a two way street that is rarely is ever discussed by the liberal left.

I think the liberal left and trendy middle class are in danger of creating an underclass of people in western society , if they dont already exist , who feel they are untouchable and ungoverned by the normal rules of society  simply down to the colour of their skin , and when that does apply to them , they simply have to play the victim card and scweam racist.

I make the point again no one is condoning the disgusting behaviour that killed george floyd , or denying white racism exists , but its hard listening to the never ending hand wringing of the trendy middle class liberal left over it while they often ignore or hide similar injustices like wee kris donald.

Borg Refinery

Quote from: DeppityDawg post_id=28177 time=1591479149 user_id=50That's just it though isn't it. One minute its some daft old **** who won't move out of the way, ten minutes later its c**ts throwing bricks, bottles of piss and battery acid. Look at all the characters on the left of the photo above. Peaceful protestors, my fecking arse.

You don't wreak havoc, you get control. Get control and you take away the chaos these ****s use to hide behind

Most protests are unreasonable, shouty, pushy; by that metric, no protest ought to go without a good batoning of many/most involved.  :lol:

That goes for those on the left, right and otherwise. I agree that keeping fine control is important; but I don't think things like shoving the old guy will achieve that; those actions usually get noticed and lead to a bigger, angrier baying mob attending to em' - feeling sleighted and getting angrier and angrier..

But yep, the rioters need to be cracked down on hard.
+++

DeppityDawg

Quote from: Thomas post_id=28168 time=1591471320 user_id=58
My brother was a tearaway , really wild ,and i remember the cop who used to do the beat around our area back in the days when the polis still walked about bringing my brother home to my maw with a slap around the ear , and then my maw battering feck right out of him in front of the polis.

Imagine that getting recorded on a phone in this day and age? :lol:

Absolutely. The coppers back then didn't take any shite. Often, if you got a slap or two and dropped off at home, they were doing you a favour if it meant you not getting a record for petty crime. And of course, they didn't have to feck around with any paperwork

Quote from: Dynamis post_id=28174 time=1591474918 user_id=98
Just seen videos of people throwing bicycles and bricks at police horses in London.

Female copper badly injured by their antics:

https://mobile.twitter.com/stillgray/status/1269354801202114562">https://mobile.twitter.com/stillgray/st ... 1202114562">https://mobile.twitter.com/stillgray/status/1269354801202114562

Fecking disgraceful.

I'd say send Deppity after those rioters with a scaffolding pole on a horse and let him wreak havoc, the bastards deserve it. I wonder what they're doing it for - agent provocateurs? Certain groups? Brainless pieces of chewing gum on the bottom of my shoe that need to prove something?

That's just it though isn't it. One minute its some daft old **** who won't move out of the way, ten minutes later its c**ts throwing bricks, bottles of piss and battery acid. Look at all the characters on the left of the photo above. Peaceful protestors, my fecking arse.

You don't wreak havoc, you get control. Get control and you take away the chaos these ****s use to hide behind

Borg Refinery

Just seen videos of people throwing bicycles and bricks at police horses in London.

Female copper badly injured by their antics:

https://mobile.twitter.com/stillgray/status/1269354801202114562">https://mobile.twitter.com/stillgray/st ... 1202114562">https://mobile.twitter.com/stillgray/status/1269354801202114562

Fecking disgraceful.

I'd say send Deppity after those rioters with a scaffolding pole on a horse and let him wreak havoc, the bastards deserve it. I wonder what they're doing it for - agent provocateurs? Certain groups? Brainless pieces of chewing gum on the bottom of my shoe that need to prove something?
+++

cromwell

As those who inhabited the old forum might remember there was an American section where anything went.......and it did,when I look at the oh the yanks are no worse,any remember some of the racism that was posted on there?.

Any of you familiar with any of the history of the US and still sneer that they're all playing at victims?
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Borchester

Quote from: Barry post_id=28171 time=1591472842 user_id=51
Riots are going well in Downing Street, London:

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2020/06/06/18/29304586-8394281-image-a-71_1591464458461.jpg">

#policelivesmatter

Why do our police have to suffer in London? Answers on a postcard, please.  :evil:

Donald Trump must be loving this. :D

I hope the lady copper is ok.
Algerie Francais !

Barry

Riots are going well in Downing Street, London:

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2020/06/06/18/29304586-8394281-image-a-71_1591464458461.jpg">

#policelivesmatter

Why do our police have to suffer in London? Answers on a postcard, please.  :evil:
† The end is nigh †

Borchester

Quote from: Thomas post_id=28168 time=1591471320 user_id=58
Borkie , i know its a well worn cliche but its true .

My brother was a tearaway , really wild ,and i remember the cop who used to do the beat around our area back in the days when the polis still walked about bringing my brother home to my maw with a slap around the ear , and then my maw battering feck right out of him in front of the polis.

Something similar happened to a cousin of mine. The police kicked him up one side of Lavender Hill and down the other. And when got home his father said, "to be honest son, I see that as my rates being well spent."

I like Javert, but sometimes I wonder if he and his friends know how to have fun  :D
Algerie Francais !

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Thomas post_id=28167 time=1591470989 user_id=58
I dont live on a council estate anymore dyno , and havent done for nearly 25 years.

I didn't say you did, I was referring to glasgow where you said you lived now. You mentioned growing up somewhere away from trident if my memory serves..

QuoteHowever , the stats do suggest glasgow and scotland is improving from what it was under labour rule and prior to devolution , it could hardley have been any worse could it with the lowest life expectancy in the western world , worst knife crime and murders comparable with poor african cities?

I would say the only way is up? 8-)

A good point.

Quotepossibly, but we have alkready touched upon the vast differences in force the yank cops face , society saturated with firearms and racial issues scotland doesnt have (98% white). Im not sure its a good comparison.

Glasgow is 88.3% white, sure you don't have firearms, but most of the western world faces similar types of problems, I think we can compare ourselves to others.

Moving over to England, there are plenty of firearms toting officers in London these days, lots of complaints by black people of unfair treatment like in America etc.

QuoteThey do and it isnt as bad as what it once was. Try getting woken up early in the morning when a feckin orange march is about to start outside your door and the neighbours are lobbing stuff out the windies at them. Not fun.

Again , no blacks involved so who  :roll:  :lol: cares ?

Yes there are.. black and tans.  :-P
+++

Thomas

Quote from: Borchester post_id=28166 time=1591470561 user_id=62
It didn't help when you got a thump and you dare not tell mum because she would have given you another one. I was really pleased when the police started wearing rain coats. Those rolled up capes bloody well hurt.  :D

Borkie , i know its a well worn cliche but its true .

Thomas

Quote from: Dynamis post_id=28165 time=1591470379 user_id=98
Ok but would you say you've noticed things improve where you live? The stats suggest such.

I dont live on a council estate anymore dyno , and havent done for nearly 25 years.

However , the stats do suggest glasgow and scotland is improving from what it was under labour rule and prior to devolution , it could hardley have been any worse could it with the lowest life expectancy in the western world , worst knife crime and murders comparable with poor african cities?

I would say the only way is up? 8-)

QuoteBut I would say mostly the cops handled it far better than their yank counterparts.

possibly, but we have alkready touched upon the vast differences in force the yank cops face , society saturated with firearms and racial issues scotland doesnt have (98% white). Im not sure its a good comparison.
As for sectarian stuff, I was very briefly in some arsebook 'political talk' group (shut down by arsebook I think) invaded by senior members in some loyalist offshoot arguing with some catholic glesga fellow about who's gonna get beaten up worse. Not nice stuff.

You see?

Our perfect society in jockland has its prejudice and discrimination that barely gets a mention by the middle class lefty champions. Its just that prejudice and discrimination is happening on white guys rather than black , so its not worthy of attention. :roll:
Sectarianism is always tough and goes back centuries -

Not really. It only goes back about a century , maybe a bit more ,and was imported here by irish immigrants......

Quotethe police prolly handled it as well as anyone can expect, the sh*t throwing and stuff.

They do and it isnt as bad as what it once was. Try getting woken up early in the morning when a feckin orange march is about to start outside your door and the neighbours are lobbing stuff out the windies at them. Not fun.

Again , no blacks involved so who  :roll:  :lol: cares ?

Borchester

Quote from: Streetwalker post_id=28161 time=1591469284 user_id=53
:hattip  :hattip

Excellent post Thomas .  

I think most of us who spent their teenage years in the inner citys would have similar stories and similar views of the Im a victim crap that is going on today .

It didn't help when you got a thump and you dare not tell mum because she would have given you another one. I was really pleased when the police started wearing rain coats. Those rolled up capes bloody well hurt.  :D
Algerie Francais !

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Thomas post_id=28157 time=1591468440 user_id=58

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/scottish-news/3683217/police-scotland-complaints-brutality-assault/">https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/s ... y-assault/">https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/scottish-news/3683217/police-scotland-complaints-brutality-assault/

https://www.scotsman.com/news/scottish-news/police-spat-and-struck-human-waste-sectarian-riot-glasgow-1408453">https://www.scotsman.com/news/scottish- ... ow-1408453">https://www.scotsman.com/news/scottish-news/police-spat-and-struck-human-waste-sectarian-riot-glasgow-1408453

No society is perfect , and to suggest america is all bad while scotland or the wider uk is good is laughable.

. but of course, I youtube'd the Govan thing recently (the guys running away from charging riot cops), and a vide of the G8, as well as a vid after the ref in george sq to see what riots look like over there.

It looks um, tough. But I would say mostly the cops handled it far better than their yank counterparts. Okay the violent kids smashing up riot vans pre the G8 looks bad and the cops didn't have a handle on that at first, but I can't fault them in the main.

Ok so it's interwebs vs really seeing it, I get that, but it does look better over there from what I'm seeing.

As for sectarian stuff, I was very briefly in some arsebook 'political talk' group (shut down by arsebook I think) invaded by senior members in some loyalist offshoot arguing with some catholic glesga fellow about who's gonna get beaten up worse. Not nice stuff. Sectarianism is always tough and goes back centuries - folks talking about airey neave's eyelids blown across a carpark and folks being glassed.. they don't look like fun that's for sure, built like brick shithouses. I wouldn't expect a sectarian riot to be any less worse than what you described in those links in any case.. the police prolly handled it as well as anyone can expect, the shit throwing and stuff.
+++

Thomas

Quote from: Streetwalker post_id=28161 time=1591469284 user_id=53
:hattip  :hattip

Excellent post Thomas .  

I think most of us who spent their teenage years in the inner citys would have similar stories and similar views of the Im a victim crap that is going on today .

cheers mate.

I would hate to be a polis today.

Sure there are arseholes among them like anywhere , but what a thankless horrible job.