George Floyd Riots

Started by B0ycey, May 30, 2020, 01:19:30 PM

« previous - next »

Nalaar

Quote from: T00ts post_id=27443 time=1591092045 user_id=54
...just so he could parade across the road trying to look all macho to stand for a photo opportunity with a Bible. I have tried to stay fairly neutral over the USA President because I have friends who voted for him but I think he might have stepped over the line.

Yes.

Quite why they thought that photo shoot was so important that they had to have it idk, but at the very least given its apparent importance you would think he would have held the bible the right way up.
Don't believe everything you think.

T00ts

Quote from: Nalaar post_id=27435 time=1591088128 user_id=99
And while Trump was saying that he supported peaceful protests, but not riots etc which was why federal officers were being deployed...federal officers were responding to a peaceful protest outside the White House lawns with tear gas, flash bangs, and truncheons.

...just so he could parade across the road trying to look all macho to stand for a photo opportunity with a Bible. I have tried to stay fairly neutral over the USA President because I have friends who voted for him but I think he might have stepped over the line.

Nalaar

And while Trump was saying that he supported peaceful protests, but not riots etc which was why federal officers were being deployed...federal officers were responding to a peaceful protest outside the White House lawns with tear gas, flash bangs, and truncheons.

Barry

Quote from: B0ycey post_id=27417 time=1591080662 user_id=116
I can't see many black infantry holding the line.

Why, is there a problem with black people in the military and being disobedient to orders? I'd not heard about that.
† The end is nigh †

Nalaar

Quote from: johnofgwent post_id=27414 time=1591079650 user_id=63
I see from the bbc news pages Trump is thinking of sending in the army

Not just thinking, he's demanding that governors deploy the National Guard, and if they don't he will deploy the Military. I expect many governors will challenge the legality of deploying their national forces in this way.

B0ycey

Quote from: johnofgwent post_id=27414 time=1591079650 user_id=63

Protecting against ones best interest!

Sending in the army requires compliance from the army. What would Trump so if he declares marshal law and the army held a knee? I can't see many black infantry holding the line.

johnofgwent

I cant help thinking if Bojo had demanded that in Tottehham a few years ago, he would have been propelled into number ten, we'd have left the EU years ago, May would be nothing more than a distant memory of a failed Home Secretary and we probably would have less than a quarter the Covid 19 deaths as almost the entire current population of london would have run away .....
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

BeElBeeBub

Trump is deliberately inflaming things.

Why on earth did he mention 2nd Amendment rights in his speech?

Nalaar

It would appear that Trump has declared martial law in America.

He has advised all Governors to deploy the National Guard to create an "overwhelming presence" to "dominate the streets". If a governor does not then federal forces (ie the National Military) will be deployed in their city.

Borg Refinery

More about this:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.manisteenews.com/news/amp/Atlanta-mayor-2-officers-fired-in-excessive-15308422.php">https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.manist ... 308422.php">https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.manisteenews.com/news/amp/Atlanta-mayor-2-officers-fired-in-excessive-15308422.php

Seems bodycam footage was recovered.

So..really they said he had a gun when he didn't, yet he didn't comply with a number of their requests.
+++

Borchester

Quote from: B0ycey post_id=27375 time=1591034979 user_id=116
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/52875059">//https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/52875059

Liverpool FC drop the knee. The world unites to show 'black lived matter' as America have their sixth day of protests.

Very decent of them.

Will the Dippers do the same when a black cop kills a white man?
Algerie Francais !

cromwell

News reports that the officer arrested had 17 previous misconduct complaints against him.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

cromwell

Quote from: DeppityDawg post_id=27387 time=1591041191 user_id=50
You're just pissed because you got booted out of Europe and they didn't. Brexit. Just not the one you wanted  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

:kikass:  :-P
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

B0ycey

Quote from: DeppityDawg post_id=27389 time=1591041274 user_id=50
You're not British are you?  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Perhaps not the biggest Football fan maybe.  :lol:

DeppityDawg

Quote from: B0ycey post_id=27388 time=1591041217 user_id=116
Can't say I have heard any football league club called "The Dippers"...

You're not British are you?  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: