George Floyd Riots

Started by B0ycey, May 30, 2020, 01:19:30 PM

« previous - next »

B0ycey

Quote from: cromwell post_id=27385 time=1591040955 user_id=48
No one reads the sun they just look at the pictures,in football they are universally known as the dippers what has the sun got to do with it?

Can't say I have heard any football league club called "The Dippers". Sounds like something The Sun would write. Not that this matters. Had Manchester United done it I would have published the story and reached the same conclusion.

DeppityDawg

Quote from: cromwell post_id=27385 time=1591040955 user_id=48
No one reads the sun they just look at the pictures,in football they are universally known as the dippers what has the sun got to do with it?

You're just pissed because you got booted out of Europe and they didn't. Brexit. Just not the one you wanted  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

cromwell

Quote from: B0ycey post_id=27384 time=1591040298 user_id=116
Did you read that in The Sun?

Its not really about football but the UK sporting personalities showing unity to a cause over in America. I could have posted numerous tweets from a number of sources. But the Liverpool article does that and more for me. And as Trump tweets offensive messages, this has the means to continue into a global movement.

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

B0ycey

Quote from: cromwell post_id=27383 time=1591039882 user_id=48
Oh well the dippers have previous for rioting,not a dipper fan are you?

Did you read that in The Sun?

Its not really about football but the UK sporting personalities showing unity to a cause over in America. I could have posted numerous tweets from a number of sources. But the Liverpool article does that and more for me. And as Trump tweets offensive messages, this has the means to continue into a global movement.

cromwell

Quote from: B0ycey post_id=27375 time=1591034979 user_id=116
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/52875059">//https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/52875059

Liverpool FC drop the knee. The world unites to show 'black lived matter' as America have their sixth day of protests.

Oh well the dippers have previous for rioting,not a dipper fan are you?
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

B0ycey

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/52875059">//https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/52875059

Liverpool FC drop the knee. The world unites to show 'black lived matter' as America have their sixth day of protests.

Borchester

Quote from: Nalaar post_id=27318 time=1591011466 user_id=99
I just don't understand why it took you so long to accept that they had been fired. Even your last posts leads with "If two of them have already been fired" with "if" implying it may not be the case.

Anyway, all that aside, I'm sure everyone will welcome the fact that given there was no reasonable justification for their actions, the police involved have been fired, or otherwise punished.

I would be surprised if they had actually been fired. The police unions in the US are pretty strong  and since both men had over 20 years service, I imagine that when the smoke clears it will be found that they had effectively resigned.

Be that as it may be, Atlanta appears to have been a Democrat fiefdom since Sherman did not burn the place, so I doubt that Trump is overly worried about losing the local vote.
Algerie Francais !

Borg Refinery

Supposedly the driver broke curfew and refused to stop a few times pre the filming.

I was told this by a very reliable source, a confederate dude who loves the idea of shooting folks from helis and thinks lincoln was a commie (that last bit is not an exaggeration either), but if true...then that does seem to semi-vindicate the cops.
+++

DeppityDawg

Quote from: Nalaar post_id=27318 time=1591011466 user_id=99
I just don't understand why it took you so long to accept that they had been fired. Even your last posts leads with "If two of them have already been fired" with "if" implying it may not be the case.

Whoa, hold on Pal. Lets get this straight. You have been posting links to videos on Twitter or whatever since last night, making various judgemental comments about the actions contained in them - I and another poster have answer several posts stating inconsistencies, lack of actual or incomplete evidence of what is being claimed in some of them, or why the officer(s) in these videos MAY have acted the way they did, or what circumstances MAY have caused certain actions - at NO point have I claimed (or anyone else that I can see) that no wrong has been done or that mistakes or over reactions have not happened - in fact I have stated that in my opinion, the officers in the case we are discussing here over-reacted - go back in the thread and look?

Yet this is what I got from you...

Quote from: Nalaar post_id=27318 time=1591011466 user_id=99It is very definitely a leap to try and justify their actions with a 'something else probably happened that makes this acceptable.'

Show me where I "justified" anything please? Show me where I said it was acceptable to act beyond or not in accordance with procedures for lawful arrest? Can you do that?

What I have pointed out is that these things are NOT case closed from you looking at a fecking 30 second video and calling it, and need to be investigated. I have given multiple examples of that against several of the videos, and I stand by that. Not every "protestor" is peaceful, not every officer acts impeccably, not every arrest is wrong or procedure incorrect (or correct) just because it appears that way to you in a 30 second video. In your world it may be, in the real world it is not, and that is why ALL complaints need to be investigated properly with the available evidence before coming to a conclusion. That includes the fact that often offenders or suspects react violently to arrest and subsequently different procedures and actions may be required, but none of this can be judged by someone on an internet forum on the basis of a 30 second video

Quote from: Nalaar post_id=27318 time=1591011466 user_id=99Anyway, all that aside, I'm sure everyone will welcome the fact that given there was no reasonable justification for their actions, the police involved have been fired, or otherwise punished.

In the case of this example, you posted the video last night, and comments were made on here about it last night. This morning (probably on further google searches) you have posted an article by the NY Times reporting on what actions have subsequently been taken by the Police themselves, but it is showing as updated 01.10 EST, which is about 06.10 GMT this morning

Do us all a favour for feck sake. Yes, it is fair and right that if officers are found to be behaving badly, they are disciplined or dismissed accordingly, but that does NOT mean they can be judged in advanced without a proper and fair hearing.

Nalaar

Quote from: DeppityDawg post_id=27316 time=1591010160 user_id=50
Yes. I have read the article. And I've just summed up what (in my opinion) was the outcome, have I not?

Anyway, all that aside, I'm sure everyone will welcome the fact that given there was no reasonable justification for their actions, the police involved have been fired, or otherwise punished.
Don't believe everything you think.

DeppityDawg

Quote from: Nalaar post_id=27314 time=1591009566 user_id=99
Did you read the article I posted?

Yes. I have read the article. And I've just summed up what (in my opinion) was the outcome, have I not?

Nalaar

Quote from: DeppityDawg post_id=27311 time=1591008664 user_id=50
If two of them have already been "fired" then they must have been found behaving in the equivalent of gross misconduct/negligence - they may even be charged themselves now - in which case the Police have been seen to have acted on the information they have (body cam evidence?). If others are on "desk duty" (eg withdrawn from frontline duty or suspended) then their actions are still being investigated. Which means the Police themselves have taken the necessary actions after examining the evidence, and taking statements from those in the car,.the officers themselves, and presumably other witness statements. Yes? In other words, examined all the facts and evidence before coming to a conclusion.

Either way, this is all retrospective and with the benefit of evidential hindsight. Which is a bit different to watching a 30 second video and making assumptions of guilt.

Did you read the article I posted?

DeppityDawg

Quote from: Nalaar post_id=27308 time=1591007410 user_id=99
I don't understand what you think I am misreading here?

If two of them have already been "fired" then they must have been found behaving in the equivalent of gross misconduct/negligence - they may even be charged themselves now - in which case the Police have been seen to have acted on the information they have (body cam evidence?). If others are on "desk duty" (eg withdrawn from frontline duty or suspended) then their actions are still being investigated. Which means the Police themselves have taken the necessary actions after examining the evidence, and taking statements from those in the car,.the officers themselves, and presumably other witness statements. Yes? In other words, examined all the facts and evidence before coming to a conclusion.

Either way, this is all retrospective and with the benefit of evidential hindsight. Which is a bit different to watching a 30 second video and making assumptions of guilt.

Nalaar

Quote from: DeppityDawg post_id=27307 time=1591006475 user_id=50
Perhaps you don't read very well or you aren't interested in factual details, but the article says "fired and placed on desk duty", a contradiction in terms. Maybe the NY Times isn't interested in details either, but suspended pending investigation is probably what's happened.

Quote ATLANTA — Two police officers have been fired and three others placed on desk duty over excessive use of force

I don't understand what you think I am misreading here?

DeppityDawg

Quote from: Nalaar post_id=27304 time=1591005565 user_id=99
It is not unlikely. It is a matter of recorded fact.

https://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2020/05/31/us/ap-us-america-protests-atlanta-excessive-force.html">//%20https://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2020/05/31/us/ap-us-america-protests-atlanta-excessive-force.html

Perhaps you don't read very well or you aren't interested in factual details, but the article says "fired and placed on desk duty", a contradiction in terms. Maybe the NY Times isn't interested in details either, but suspended pending investigation is probably what's happened.