George Floyd Riots

Started by B0ycey, May 30, 2020, 01:19:30 PM

« previous - next »

DeppityDawg

Quote from: Dynamis post_id=27260 time=1590961453 user_id=98
Corrupt yank cops overreacting against peaceful protesters, while violent rioters are the ones trying to kill them.

Sounds about right.

Because of course, peaceful protesters always wear a big badge that says "I am a peaceful protester" don't they?

Nalaar

Quote from: Barry post_id=27261 time=1590961867 user_id=51
I went to the Instagram page for Brittany Miller to see the whole video. (The account has been suspended) What I saw in the clip was a car refusing to stop for the police. The occupants resisted arrest and were locked up. The driver appeared to be under the influence of drugs.

The account has not been suspended.

If you think what you can see in that video is reasonable then fine, I disagree.
Don't believe everything you think.

cromwell

Quote from: Barry post_id=27261 time=1590961867 user_id=51
I went to the Instagram page for Brittany Miller to see the whole video. (The account has been suspended) What I saw in the clip was a car refusing to stop for the police. The occupants resisted arrest and were locked up. The driver appeared to be under the influence of drugs.

What I saw was the driver appeared under the influence of a taser  with a mob of cops using him like a christmas cracker,how many needed to arrest two?
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Barry

Quote from: Nalaar post_id=27257 time=1590959695 user_id=99
In this clip, high definition (by luck of a nearby TV camera crew) this car is stopped, has its windows smashed, tyres slahsed, occupants tased, and dragged out of the car.

https://twitter.com/brittm_tv/status/1267147449577148423?s=21">//https://twitter.com/brittm_tv/status/1267147449577148423?s=21

† The end is nigh †

Borg Refinery

Corrupt yank cops overreacting against peaceful protesters, while violent rioters are the ones trying to kill them.

Sounds about right.
+++

Nalaar

In this clip, high definition (by luck of a nearby TV camera crew) this car is stopped, has its windows smashed, tyres slahsed, occupants tased, and dragged out of the car.

https://twitter.com/brittm_tv/status/1267147449577148423?s=21">//%20https://twitter.com/brittm_tv/status/1267147449577148423?s=21

Nalaar

Quote from: Barry post_id=27249 time=1590954942 user_id=51
Perhaps you could link to the video and the video time at which the police can be seen slashing tyres. I would like to see that.

There are a few going about:

The video came from this livestream https://twitter.com/val_ebertz/status/1266975058230235137?s=21">//https://twitter.com/val_ebertz/status/1266975058230235137?s=21

The News Anchor from WCCO followed up on it as he was in the area https://twitter.com/jeff_wagner4/status/1266933139303268353?s=21">//%20https://twitter.com/jeff_wagner4/status/1266933139303268353?s=21

And as was stated in Kimmels twitter thread - the car park his car was at was locked down by police, and he had to show his credentials to get back to his car.

cromwell

Quote from: Barry post_id=27211 time=1590936492 user_id=51
That's utter tripe.

I was brought up on a council estate as the youngest of three boys and my Dad was a lorry driver barely earning a living wage. My Mum had trouble feeding the electricity meter at times and we had no luxuries whatsoever. However we had respect from the Police and we gave respect back.

The people who seem to have problems with the police are the lawbreakers. Mr Floyd was a lawbreaker.

I'm not an advocate of arming every police officer, however, the inference here that it will sometimes be OK for an officer to lose the upper hand if their defusing skills are found wanting is not a sustainable position. Negotiating a way out of violence does not always work, especially with people who are drugged, drunk, or mentally deranged.

Police officers are meant to be protecting life and property, and if a criminal is about to disable them through violence, the officer needs to strike first and disable them first. That's not to say that violence needs to be lethal in every case, as often pepper spray or a taser will do the job.

However, going for a bank robber with a taser, when he has a revolver or shotgun will end badly.

None of this supports the use of lethal pressure on a man's neck when he is being held down by multiple officers. Floyd appears to have been unlawfully killed and the person responsible charged.

Rioting will not help the cause of justice.

No there is no excuse for rioting  nor looting,but as one protester  I heard said  "The Black people get told everytime this happens things will change,but they never do this has been going on for hundreds of years" so I guess people get angrier and react badly.

You don't have to scratch the surface too deeply to find routine racism and poor policing in the good ole usa.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Barry

Quote from: DeppityDawg post_id=27250 time=1590955428 user_id=50
I've only said what I observed in the video  - as the saying goes, we see but we don't observe. Two different things.

:hattip

I know all about different witnesses accounts, but if we are closely pointed to it we should see it?
† The end is nigh †

DeppityDawg

Quote from: Nalaar post_id=27248 time=1590954061 user_id=99
Interesting that we can look at the same footage and see two different stories. But that's how it goes.

I've only said what I observed in the video  - as the saying goes, we see but we don't observe. Two different things.

Barry

Quote from: Nalaar post_id=27248 time=1590954061 user_id=99
Interesting that we can look at the same footage and see two different stories. But that's how it goes.

Perhaps you could link to the video and the video time at which the police can be seen slashing tyres. I would like to see that.
† The end is nigh †

Nalaar

Quote from: DeppityDawg post_id=27246 time=1590952712 user_id=50
There is a video taken from around 200-250 yards away, over which two people are saying the Police are slashing tyres. Unless there is another video, its too far away to see what is actually going on

There is a video of a camera crew approaching a Police line from behind - the studio announcer talking over the video even says so, and its repeated in the subtitled text. An officer fires pepper pellets at them from a weapon similar to a paintball gun, I imagine to keep them at a distance from the rear of a Police line. Its hardly a great idea to go wandering around behind a Police line during a riot, even if you are "media". There is no evidence that the camera crew is alone or that no one else is present to the sides or rear.

papasmurf

Quote from: B0ycey post_id=27244 time=1590952015 user_id=116
To some people, I guess there are more important things than standing 2 meters apart Smurfy. But if you cocoon yourself indoors, you'll going to stay safe. Concentrate on your own risk.

I have got to the stage if the Covidiots die of Covid-19 I don't care. I do care if others die because of their idiocy.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

DeppityDawg

Quote from: Nalaar post_id=27232 time=1590949190 user_id=99
Presumably you also read his responses, clarifying it was the police who had the lot locked down, and other videos of police slashing tires?

There is a video taken from around 200-250 yards away, over which two people are saying the Police are slashing tyres. Unless there is another video, its too far away to see what is actually going on

Quote from: Nalaar post_id=27232 time=1590949190 user_id=99and they're shooting it at a lone camera crew why?

There is a video of a camera crew approaching a Police line from behind - the studio announcer talking over the video even says so, and its repeated in the subtitled text. An officer fires pepper pellets at them from a weapon similar to a paintball gun, I imagine to keep them at a distance from the rear of a Police line. Its hardly a great idea to go wandering around behind a Police line during a riot, even if you are "media". There is no evidence that the camera crew is alone or that no one else is present to the sides or rear.

B0ycey

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=27243 time=1590951661 user_id=89
With no social distancing.

To some people, I guess there are more important things than standing 2 meters apart Smurfy. But if you cocoon yourself indoors, you'll going to stay safe. Concentrate on your own risk.