Join the "Black lives matter" bandwagon

Started by Barry, June 05, 2020, 07:15:05 PM

« previous - next »

Streetwalker

Quote from: patman post on August 19, 2020, 08:51:18 PM
Why should anyone refuse legitimate payment from a company that was rehabilitated by the allies after WWII just because his views make some people feel uncomfortable about their own roots and pasts?

Why would anyone feel uncomfortable about their roots ?

patman post

Why should anyone refuse legitimate payment from a company that was rehabilitated by the allies after WWII just because his views make some people feel uncomfortable about their own roots and pasts?

Sean Connery lives in the Bahamas where his reputed $300 million is shielded from taxes on the interest — unless, of course, he keeps it under the bed — and perhaps he refuses all repeat fees. Seems unlikely for someone who's reported as saying: 'Autographs? I don't get paid for them — so I don't sign them'...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Nick

Quote from: patman post on August 19, 2020, 06:33:16 PM
Quote from: Thomas on August 19, 2020, 08:47:50 AMMaybe hamilton should stop hiding behind being a racing driver to pontificate to the rest of us , chuck his job in and get into politics and put his money where his mouth is if he feels that strongly about the plight of black people.
Similar has been said about Scottish Independence supporting, tax exile Sean Connery.
But Connery and Hamilton are both useful people for causes to use as opinion focusers...

Not even remotely the same. For a start Sean Connery lives in the Bahamas and pretty much earns nothing now as he doesn't work anymore. How is he a tax exile?

Hamilton works for a company that got rich exploiting slaves. Oh wait, they weren't black slaves so it must be ok then.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

patman post

Quote from: Thomas on August 19, 2020, 08:47:50 AMMaybe hamilton should stop hiding behind being a racing driver to pontificate to the rest of us , chuck his job in and get into politics and put his money where his mouth is if he feels that strongly about the plight of black people.
Similar has been said about Scottish Independence supporting, tax exile Sean Connery.
But Connery and Hamilton are both useful people for causes to use as opinion focusers...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

patman post

Seems strange logic for those who are against proxy atonement should quibble when someone now gets paid by a company that was part of Germany's WWII industrial complex some 70 years ago...

Streetwalker

Quote from: patman post on July 13, 2020, 08:33:44 PM
Quote from: Nick on June 25, 2020, 11:11:31 PM
Lewis Hamilton has applauded the toppling of statues and called for all 'racist symbols' around the world to be removed.

He is paid £40million a year by Mercedes, a firm which made vast profits from slavery.
It therefore seems fitting he should be getting some of it back — even though he's probably had to graft harder than others for it...

Why would it be 'fitting'  he should get some of it back , Was it his in the first place  ?

Thomas

QuoteThe woke vilification of Britain

Identitarians are determined to paint the UK as a white-supremacist country.

Identitarians' use of racially charged narratives, accelerated by the recent Black Lives Matter demonstrations, has led to Britain being caricatured as a white-supremacist stronghold, full to the brim with bigoted reactionary throwbacks. Unfortunately, Labour politicians have to take some responsibility for this. Weaponising the death of George Floyd, Labour MP Dawn Butler crassly instructed the UK government to 'gets its knee off the neck' of Britain's BAME communities.

This interpretation of British politics and life is grossly offensive – especially for people who have directly experienced the destructive effects of racism. Besides, where exactly is the proof that Britain is a bastion of white supremacism? The UK government recently provided a bespoke immigration route for Hong Kongers who wish to escape from Beijing's increasingly autocratic tendencies. That this policy commands considerable public support hardly suggests a fervently racist populace. Moreover, British workers of Chinese and Indian origin are the two highest-earning ethnic groups by hourly pay – no doubt an inconvenience for leftists who wish to portray white people as privileged and all ethnic minorities as their subordinates.

If there is institutional racism, ethnic minorities do not seem to be noticing it. The 2010 Ethnic Minority British Election Study showed that non-white people were more likely to be satisfied than white people with British democracy, and the most recent Crime Survey for England and Wales showed that several non-white groups were more likely to have confidence in their local police force than white Brits.

https://www.spiked-online.com/2020/07/22/the-woke-vilification-of-britain/

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Borchester

Quote from: patman post on August 19, 2020, 12:33:19 AM
Lewis Hamilton has applauded the toppling of statues and called for all 'racist symbols' around the world to be removed.

He is paid £40million a year by Mercedes, a firm which made vast profits from slavery.
And you're posting from a country that funded its industrial revolution on slavery — does that make your opinions any les valid...?

Actually, I think that you will find that the Industrial Revolution was effectively funded by the Dutch.
Algerie Francais !

Thomas

Quote from: patman post on August 19, 2020, 12:33:19 AM

And you're posting from a country that funded its industrial revolution on slavery — does that make your opinions any les valid...?

where is the comparison?

Nick is clearly highlighting hamiltons hypocrisy on the matter.

Is nick bleating about slavery being bad while remaining silent on making millions from an organisation that made vast profits on slavery?

Nick is proud of his country , couldnt give a feck about slavery hundreds of years ago or who made vast profits from it ( unlike hamilton  with mercedes he personally didnt) and isnt claiming his opinion is any more or less valid than yours or hamiltons.

Maybe hamilton should stop hiding behind being a racing driver to pontificate to the rest of us , chuck his job in and get into politics and put his money where his mouth is if he feels that strongly about the plight of black people.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

patman post

Speaking purely personally, I can say that the increase in the general inclusion of Black people and the awareness of their ordinary lives and culture in the everyday reported life of the UK has — for the first time — allowed me to begin to believe that this might actually by my country...

patman post

MrMonkey23

Quote from: patman post on July 13, 2020, 08:34:38 PMPerhaps it didn't happen as reported....

Again, if the bbc didn't say it, it didn't happen!!! I have seen other supporting evidence of this, but even with other cases where the police report supports the story the bbc and like conveniently do not report it... here rests the main issue with this lack of reporting things fairly! It creates bias and then if they don't tell you nobody believes it... do not think the bbc tell you whole truth, and look at how they report the things they do... not a trust worthy outfit in my opinion

patman post

Quote from: MrMonkey23 on July 13, 2020, 06:52:36 AM
Having seen this in multiple locations, and having seen some evidence outside of the media, one questions why the bbc, that fair and reputable news outlet, has not mentioned this... or at least why it is not prominent on their site...

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/07/young-white-mother-killed-black-lives-matter-mob-allegedly-saying-lives-matter-national-media-fully-ignores/

I think the BLM bandwagon needs pulling over!!!
Perhaps it didn't happen as reported....

patman post

It therefore seems fitting he should be getting some of it back — even though he's probably had to graft harder than others for it...

MrMonkey23

Whilst I still admire the guy as a driver (he is skilled, although during when he was partnered with Jenson Button at McLaren I did often think technically Button was the slightly 'more skilled' driver) I feel he is jumping on something. He is also, without doing any of this, a great example of ethnicity not holding people back (I am 'white' etc and he has done far better than I have!). I lost a lot of respect for him over this, I did honestly think he would be one of the people to come forward and use his status to show there is no need for all this BLM rubbish.