What just happened ?

Started by johnofgwent, October 23, 2019, 09:24:21 AM

« previous - next »

Borchester

Quote from: Nick post_id=2255 time=1571947670 user_id=73
Wee Jimmy will fall in line if he signs something promising Indy2.

Win win cause I believe the SNP will loose again.

Yes and yes, but if he does the first he will have to agree to a second referendum which would piss off the Brexit vote.

According to the Beeb, Wee Krankie wants an election before Alex Salmond goes on trial for copping a feel. I doubt that would worry the Scots over much, but politicians have a tendency to over react.
Algerie Francais !

Nick

Quote from: Borchester post_id=2062 time=1571862777 user_id=62
What can Boris offer? He has a pretty brass neck but even he won't agree to Indy2 after refusing a second referendum

Wee Jimmy will fall in line if he signs something promising Indy2.

Win win cause I believe the SNP will loose again.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=2076 time=1571896420 user_id=89
Actually it has made matters worse:-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-50157743">https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-50157743

Brexit: PSNI chief says potential for loyalist disorder if Brexit threatens union

23 October 2019

Worse? So NI having access to the EU and the rest of the UK is worse is it?

Boris has shafted the DUP not NI. They have a great deal.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

cromwell

Quote from: Javert post_id=2240 time=1571943352 user_id=64
We want to get rid of Ulster, but at the same time, anyone who tries to have a conversation with the people who want Ulster to leave the UK in order to find out their issues is a terrorist sympathiser.  Welcome to right wing logic.

Well you could plump for liberal logic that wants a a second referendum,peoples vote,confirmatory vote (tick as appropriate)that wont accept whatever they want to call that if it doesn't go their way.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Sheepy

Or like Javert,just make anything up to fit your own mindset and then you can call any opposition right wing or far right wing.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Javert

Quote from: Conchúr post_id=2233 time=1571942286 user_id=83
Borchester's Brexit Britain : The country that turns its back on its own people.

Maybe they should have written that on the big red bus too.

We want to get rid of Ulster, but at the same time, anyone who tries to have a conversation with the people who want Ulster to leave the UK in order to find out their issues is a terrorist sympathiser.  Welcome to right wing logic.

Conchúr

Quote from: Borchester post_id=2226 time=1571940216 user_id=62
No. What we are saying is that most folk in mainland UK don't give a toss about Ulster.

Once we are out of the EU the next step must be to dump Ulster on anyone dumb enough to want it.

Borchester's Brexit Britain : The country that turns its back on its own people.

Maybe they should have written that on the big red bus too.

GerryT

Quote from: Borchester post_id=2226 time=1571940216 user_id=62
No. What we are saying is that most folk in mainland UK don't give a toss about Ulster.

Once we are out of the EU the next step must be to dump Ulster on anyone dumb enough to want it.

No what you are saying is most folk in mainland UK don't give a toss about mainland UK.

First thing there is no mainland regarding the UK

Second thing NI is not only in the UK it's the key ingredient. Without NI there is no UK, just GB. So leave out mainland as it makes no sense.

Third Ulster is the wrong term, it's not in the UK. Donegal, Cavan and Monaghan are not in the UK.

Borchester

Quote from: Conchúr post_id=2221 time=1571939153 user_id=83
Placating the IRA? So are you saying that the vast majority of people on the island of Ireland, including a majority in Northern Ireland, who want to keep their island's land border free flowing are all in the IRA?

Algerie Francais !

Conchúr

Quote from: johnofgwent post_id=2074 time=1571895995 user_id=63
Oh I don't know. He just stitched NI up like a kipper to placate the pIRA so I suspect ridding himself of that turbulent poison dwarf together with building HS2 one way from Sheffield to Edinburgh so the bleeding heart snowflakes can be sent north to piss off when the SNP blow the explosive bolts might just do it for him ...

(If it seems I'm a little uninformed,that's because I stopped listening to the news about a month ago)

Placating the IRA? So are you saying that the vast majority of people on the island of Ireland, including a majority in Northern Ireland, who want to keep their island's land border free flowing are all in the IRA?

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent post_id=2074 time=1571895995 user_id=63
 He just stitched NI up like a kipper to placate the pIRA

Actually it has made matters worse:-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-50157743">https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-50157743

Brexit: PSNI chief says potential for loyalist disorder if Brexit threatens union

23 October 2019
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

johnofgwent

Quote from: Borchester post_id=2062 time=1571862777 user_id=62
What can Boris offer? He has a pretty brass neck but even he won't agree to Indy2 after refusing a second referendum

Oh I don't know. He just stitched NI up like a kipper to placate the pIRA so I suspect ridding himself of that turbulent poison dwarf together with building HS2 one way from Sheffield to Edinburgh so the bleeding heart snowflakes can be sent north to piss off when the SNP blow the explosive bolts might just do it for him ...

(If it seems I'm a little uninformed,that's because I stopped listening to the news about a month ago)
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Borchester

Quote from: Nick post_id=2047 time=1571854218 user_id=73
What if Boris does a deal with SNP to agree Indy2?

Algerie Francais !

T00ts

Quote from: Nick post_id=2047 time=1571854218 user_id=73
What if Boris does a deal with SNP to agree Indy2?

Thomas would faint with shock!

Borchester

Quote from: johnofgwent post_id=1973 time=1571819061 user_id=63
Well ?

:shrg:

Boris has just asked Wurzel to commit political suicide by agreeing to a general election, but even Jeremy is not that far gone so nothing is happening.
Algerie Francais !