UK coronavirus victims have lain undetected at home for two weeks

Started by papasmurf, June 08, 2020, 03:25:49 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Dynamis on June 19, 2020, 02:21:15 AM

Having spoken to papa & having reading his posts both here and on 1 other forum since about 2007, I can say for sure that's not true. He absolutely hates Blair and new labour possibly more than JoG does.

Quite, Blair and New Labour were Tory Mark2.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Nick on June 18, 2020, 11:40:10 PM
Quote from: papasmurf on June 09, 2020, 12:54:08 PM
<r><QUOTE author="Dynamis" post_id="28476" time="1591703156" user_id="98">>
Quote from: Dynamis post_id=28476 time=1591703156 user_id=98
They're gr8 guys!

<e>
</e></QUOTE>

I can't post on here what I would like done to DWP minsters and staff.</r>

What's you view on Miners dropping concrete blocks on innocent families in cars?

I guarantee you Blair is responsible for countless more deaths than the DWP, but for someone who claims no affiliation you never round on Labour!!

Having spoken to papa & having reading his posts both here and on 1 other forum since about 2007, I can say for sure that's not true. He absolutely hates Blair and new labour possibly more than JoG does.
+++

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on June 09, 2020, 12:54:08 PM
<r><QUOTE author="Dynamis" post_id="28476" time="1591703156" user_id="98">>
They're gr8 guys!

<e>
</e></QUOTE>

I can't post on here what I would like done to DWP minsters and staff.</r>

What's you view on Miners dropping concrete blocks on innocent families in cars?

I guarantee you Blair is responsible for countless more deaths than the DWP, but for someone who claims no affiliation you never round on Labour!!
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf on June 08, 2020, 10:46:36 PM
FFS it is NOT a subject for levity.</r>

No it is not.

But I find the "Independent's" article you cite contradictory, and the piece in the "Guardian" which the lazy bugger used as his "news source" contains several caveats the Independent has chosen to ignore.

Taking this from the top then....

The Independent's article headlined "Coronavirus: Fears of 'loneliness epidemic' as dozens of UK patients found dead at home undetected for two weeks" actually contains four rather contradictory comments.

"Exactly how many people have died at home alone is not yet known, but all such cases have been referred to local coroners upon discovery"

"It is understood several dozen such cases occurred in London between March and May, with inquests due to take place in the coming months."

"....these deaths COULD be linked to the lockdown banning people from visiting each other and pushing people to avoid necessary NHS care."

"But we are noticing an increase in people dying in the community, often at home and often due to conditions unrelated to Covid-19, such as cardiac arrest."

So we don't know how many people have died alone at home and not been found, but unverifiable sources claim it to be "a few dozen". Also, while the article starts out by saying these are people who died of COVID19, a thread pursued at length int he article claims the EXACT OPPOSITE, that people are dying at home alone of UNRELATED issues because they have been told not to use the NHS, or are scared that to do so would put their health in peril from the virus, and that lockdown restrictions have prevented relatives from checking on the welfare of these people until it is well past the point anything could be done.

The lazy bugger at the Independent actually stole the story from The Guardian.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jun/07/uk-coronavirus-victims-have-lain-undetected-at-home-for-two-weeks

People have lain undiscovered during the pandemic for seven to 14 days," said Dr Mike Osborn, a senior pathologist in London and the chair of the death investigation committee at the Royal College of Pathologists.

But when you look at the details here, the claim these are actually CoronaVirus Victims does not fully stand up. The statement from the above chap goes on "I've seen plenty of such cases like this, where bodies are decomposed, in the Covid outbreak and also done postmortems in 'query Covid' cases [where the disease was suspected]."

The decomposition makes identifying the exact cause of death difficult, Osborne stressed. However, despite this, he was able to establish that SOME such deaths were as a result of Covid-19.

Doctors believe that several dozen such cases occurred in London during March, April and May. During the pandemic doctors have certified the deaths of 700 people who lived at home in London, with or without relatives. Medics involved in ascertaining the cause of these deaths say that in many cases they have either confirmed coronavirus as the cause or judged that, combined with underlying poor health, it was likely to have contributed or resulted in the person's death

And there you have the elephant in the room. We are back to Covid 19 on the death certificate means they died of covid 19.

This, as anyone whose ever buried anyone anytime in the last 20 years knows, is bullshit

Dad's death certificate lists pulmonary emphysema and prostate cancer. But neither of these killed him. what killed him was the morphine dose given to him to relieve the pain of the cancer. we all knew that. Similarly mum's death lists type 2 diabetes heart failure and a TIA. Bullshit. she died of thirst because she was put on on a DNR pathway designed to kill her of thirst after returning home after a "respite care" break that was anything but, and waiting for her to die this way nearly drove my bother, her carer, to suicide. It was supposed to take 72 hours, it took a week, doctors were amazed but i was not. We Vikings have stubbornness issues, and as I knew for a while, she was not remotely as purely wild wooly welsh as she claimed, someone in her not so far back line had a hankering for blonde blue eyed guys with big choppers and a norwegian accent.... and my MITOCHONDRIAL dna proves it...

But even if these were cases of people dying of the virus and not being found for a while, what's a few dozen ?

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/deaths/bulletins/deathsinvolvingcovid19bylocalareasanddeprivation/deathsoccurringbetween1marchand31may2020

I do not feel it is a coincidence these newspapers talk about deaths between march and May. The ONS just released the figures for deaths over that time period reported by the cutoff date of the 6th June.

There were 180, 586 registrations of a death in England and Wales and the dodgy way doctors are allowed to add the words COVID19 so as to beef up the numbers means that about a quarter (46,687) of those deaths had the Bigger C listed as a cause.

Against those numbers "a few dozen" disappears in the bloody static.

And it's not as if people dying before help arrives is a NEW thing is it. Here in wales for example ...

https://www.itv.com/news/wales/update/2014-01-17/ambulances-exceptionally-busy-night-fred-pring-died/

"The Inquest into the death of Fred Pring, who died after waiting nearly 50 minutes for an ambulance following a heart attack, has found the delay was unacceptable. The coroner has warned that further lives are at risk unless changes are made."

Dying before any help comes is such a regular occurrence in Labour's Welsh Fiefdom they stopped collecting statistice and removed the targets because that was the only way they could meet their "goals"

SO, what exactly was your point again ?

That people are dying ? well, that happens all the time

That people are dying at home ? yeah, placing people under house arrest will do that.

If you wish to rant that people are dying of all manner of things because they fear death through COVID19 and choose not to make a fuss to the NHS then I'm with you all the way, I was not terribly keen to get myself treated for cellulitis when it hit in the second week of lockdown, but i knew if i didn't i'd be looking at amputation or septic shock.

If you wish to say people are being abandoned to die, well, yes, LOTS of GP practices took the decision to tell most of their crinkly wrinklies they would be better off signing DNR notices so as not to be a burden on the NHS given they almost certainly would not survive the ventilation stage...

And if you wish to rant that people are being left dead in their homes because nobody is allowed to contact them then tell that to Dickhead Drakeford who is still forcing wales to stay closed to anyone and stopping people travelling more than five miles.

But beyond the above, what is the point of your point ?

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf on June 08, 2020, 03:25:49 PMSorry for the newspaper link, but frankly I suspected people were going to die at home and not be found for weeks:-

More at link:-

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/coronavirus-uk-patients-dead-two-weeks-home-loneliness-epidemic-a9554261.html
If you read the report in the OP it has no substance. There is not a single example cited.
"Unknown", "could", and "if" make the report worthless.
† The end is nigh †

Mashup

I figured this would become more common since it already happened prior to Covid-19 and people have been going out much less masking the sudden changes in habit that usually raise concerns.

The sad truth is there are countless vulnerable people in this country living alone and with little to no support. Covid-19 has just brought this countries societal failures into sharp relief.

papasmurf

They're gr8 guys!

I can't post on here what I would like done to DWP minsters and staff.

Borg Refinery

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=28427 time=1591683038 user_id=89
The DWP has been sending threatening letters to the dead for a long time.

They're gr8 guys!

Now they're arguing that there's nothing wrong with UC as over 250k people have been wrongly refused payment.

..I wouldn't be surprised if they start a soylent green foodbank soon. As for the dead voting in Scotland, pet cemetary is always an option.  :-P (I wouldn't want to cheese of the folks at the hospital by stealing the dead - they might have a cadaveric spasm and shout GET BREXIT DONE! inadvertently :D ).
+++

Borchester

Quote from: Thomas post_id=28434 time=1591687546 user_id=58
So?

The labour party had the dead voting in scotland in 1979.

:D

Shocking, but it has to be said that, not without a quiet charm.

When I was a lad and before this postal voting lark took off, the activists from the various parties would carry the sick and halt into the polling station. I was a mortuary porter for a while and, looking at some of the poor buggers wheeled into the booths with their yellow faces streaked with purple, I would sometimes wonder if the party workers had not raided the fridge at Guys hospital.  

:D
Algerie Francais !

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=28427 time=1591683038 user_id=89

So?

The labour party had the dead voting in scotland in 1979.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

Quote from: Borchester post_id=28420 time=1591653534 user_id=62
You are right.

You reckon the dustmen deserve a £10 tip?

:lol:
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

papasmurf

Quote from: Dynamis post_id=28424 time=1591655304 user_id=98
All (sick) jokes aside, it is a national tragedy and on top of it the govt sent warnings to already dead people.

https://www.hsj.co.uk/technology-and-innovation/apology-after-nhs-sends-thousands-of-dead-people-covid-19-warnings/7027473.article">https://www.hsj.co.uk/technology-and-in ... 73.article">https://www.hsj.co.uk/technology-and-innovation/apology-after-nhs-sends-thousands-of-dead-people-covid-19-warnings/7027473.article

That's pretty inexcusable.

"GOVT ALERT: You are dead"

Borg Refinery

All (sick) jokes aside, it is a national tragedy and on top of it the govt sent warnings to already dead people.

https://www.hsj.co.uk/technology-and-innovation/apology-after-nhs-sends-thousands-of-dead-people-covid-19-warnings/7027473.article">https://www.hsj.co.uk/technology-and-in ... 73.article">https://www.hsj.co.uk/technology-and-innovation/apology-after-nhs-sends-thousands-of-dead-people-covid-19-warnings/7027473.article

That's pretty inexcusable.

"GOVT ALERT: You are dead"
+++

Borg Refinery

Gnomes are aside, refrigerated mosques are the new thing.

Do they do halal OAP at the local halal butcher? I always thought their meat tasted a bit funny, and card boardy.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/metro.co.uk/2020/04/24/bodies-left-industrial-fridges-days-huge-backlog-12605933/amp/">https://www.google.com/amp/s/metro.co.u ... 05933/amp/">https://www.google.com/amp/s/metro.co.uk/2020/04/24/bodies-left-industrial-fridges-days-huge-backlog-12605933/amp/

Personally, wouldn't pay the dustmen 50p for such boring meat myself.  :-P
+++

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester post_id=28420 time=1591653534 user_id=62
You are right.

You reckon the dustmen deserve a £10 tip?

You are disgusting.