The "no apparent reason" thread

Started by DeppityDawg, June 09, 2020, 09:06:04 AM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

Quote from: Borchester on June 09, 2020, 09:59:24 AM

I have just put the batteries for the lawn mower and strimmer on charge. I have made some coffee, taken my medication and will probably doze off for another hour or so.

Life is good, but quiet.</r>

I had to give up levelling the final bearer for the decking I wish to relocate to the other end of the garden, as half an inch of rain emptied on my head and threatened to drown me about an hour ago.

I have just realised i left the plastic bucket of decking paint open as i rushed indoors. Bugger. That will have overflowed all over the workmate

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Thomas

Quote from: DeppityDawg post_id=28439 time=1591689964 user_id=50
Tuesday is bin day. So I put the bin out this morning. Sorry, no photograph is a available, but it is a standard sized green Wheely bin.

Further desperately important things happening in my garden will be posted as they occur. I'm currently waiting for a regional news team to arrive to report on the birds nest that has appeared in the tree in the corner.

Well heres a joke deppity.

Whats long and always hard fur wummin?

Driving anywhere. :roll:  :D
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

DeppityDawg

Quote from: cromwell post_id=28449 time=1591693927 user_id=48
I just moved two threads here this one being a parody of the other. ;)

erm....how could you tell?..................................................  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

johnofgwent

Quote from: DeppityDawg post_id=28461 time=1591700067 user_id=50
I'm on holiday...I'm just imagining what it would be like to be retired and to have nothing else to do but to irritate the feck out of everyone on an internet forum by describing every last inane aspect of my existence....

But yes. 22nd June is in my diary.

And mine.

If that scumspawn in cardiff decides wales is having a pub free summer, there will be a hanging in the bay.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Borg Refinery

Ah, roger that sir.

I have just made a bamboo punji pit from youtube that'll have Liz Truss dead in seconds.

(The only problem is it's in my back garden.)
+++

DeppityDawg

Quote from: Dynamis post_id=28487 time=1591706218 user_id=98...The bin men?

No, all these auld pensioners I mean. It was.bad enough getting a report from Cornwall every day, but now it's the whole fecking country

Borg Refinery

Quote from: DeppityDawg post_id=28485 time=1591705449 user_id=50
FFS. Even a "no apparent reason" thread brings them out in droves.

...The bin men?
+++

DeppityDawg

FFS. Even a "no apparent reason" thread brings them out in droves.

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell post_id=28468 time=1591701130 user_id=48
I remember when bins were galvanised and a bin man lifted it on his shoulder and emptied in the back of a lorry,they were usually finished by noon and in the pub sort of finish DD would like  ;)

I remember when you dropped the lads a tenner and they would take the house away for you. Now they are ridden with honesty and incompetence. There is a lot to be said for the modern world but it hasn't been all progress.

Algerie Francais !

Borg Refinery

Wastemen bruv..

.. innit.

I suppose you get gnomes in a dress.  :shock:
+++

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell post_id=28468 time=1591701130 user_id=48
I remember when bins were galvanised and a bin man lifted it on his shoulder and emptied in the back of a lorry,they were usually finished by noon and in the pub sort of finish DD would like  ;)

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

cromwell

Quote from: Barry post_id=28467 time=1591700712 user_id=51
Actually, this is serious, Cromwell. Coincidentally, it is bin day here, too. They usually come at 06:43 hours precisely, but this week it wasn't collected until 11:53. I've put the bin back in position but the recycling still has not been collected.

They were using a new 2019 reg bin lorry, which was clean.

Got to go, I've got some emails to organise into folders.

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Barry

Quote from: cromwell post_id=28449 time=1591693927 user_id=48
I just moved two threads here this one being a parody of the other. ;)

Actually, this is serious, Cromwell. Coincidentally, it is bin day here, too. They usually come at 06:43 hours precisely, but this week it wasn't collected until 11:53. I've put the bin back in position but the recycling still has not been collected.

They were using a new 2019 reg bin lorry, which was clean.

Got to go, I've got some emails to organise into folders.
† The end is nigh †

cromwell

Quote from: DeppityDawg post_id=28462 time=1591700203 user_id=50
What...you mean you haven't got a lawn to mow or a patio to feck about with?⁹

.....LOOK! ....a blackbird!!!!!

Loads but I don't want to bore you with it........anyway I'm part way through making a loaf it's really exciting I can tell you,you get some flour.........

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

Wake up at the back :D
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

papasmurf

Quote from: DeppityDawg post_id=28461 time=1591700067 user_id=50
I'm on holiday...I'm just imagining what it would be like to be retired and to have nothing else to do but to irritate the feck out of everyone on an internet forum by describing every last inane aspect of my existence....

There are plenty of people on YouTube doing just that. Some of them have millions of followers, and are making a living out of it.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe